Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: shouldnt forum post owners be allowed to close their own threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Well your initial premise (thread owners) is not one we recognise, and that is probably the main reason that isn't allowed, though it stems back to long before I became a moderator.

Nobody "owns" a thread as far as we are concerned. All threads, once made, are open for all to post in, and should remain so unless breaking forum rules or clearly heading that way.

So not only can members not close their "own" threads, but we also have a rule that we do not close threads or posts on request. That is not to say we never will, but there has to be good reason given before we do so.
    Agreed and also think of what would often happen: player A starts a thread and doesnít like the discussion so closes the thread, causing one of the others in the discussion to start a new thread with a link back to the old to continue the discussion and now we have two threads instead of one and Player A didnít get to stop the discussion in the end.
    Last edited by 2222; October 25th, 2020 at 07:42 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Got to be honest i would hate such a feature on the forums . i follow a hayday fb page and many times the op asks a question recieves the wrong answer and closes the post thinking its right it drives me crazy not being able to correct the wrongly given answer
    yes my english writing skills are rubbish and lacks punctuation i am very well aware of this so please keep all comments and pm clash related all i want to do is chat not be reminded how poor my education is thanks

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrlk View Post
    Got to be honest i would hate such a feature on the forums . i follow a hayday fb page and many times the op asks a question recieves the wrong answer and closes the post thinking its right it drives me crazy not being able to correct the wrongly given answer
    Agreed. The forum is for community discussions, not direct one-on-one question and answers. Many good thoughts, ideas, and solutions have been offered long after the original poster got their fill of the thread.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 21 - 746 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

you all bring up wonderful points, but, tbh, i was just asking why it isnt a thing on here-not something id really care for either!

played clash of clans for 3 years...or was it 4? Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop

my main account: https://www.clashofstats.com/players...0LCC2P/summary
    my second account: https://www.clashofstats.com/players...LVR22VJLJ/army