Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sign out of Legends league button

Sign out of Legends league button

Please, for the love of God make a button to drop out of legends league. It is the bane of my clash existence. Something that reverts you back to titan league or lower. I don't even care if none of the trophies earned count towards your profile. I've played since 2012 and I literally only hate legends league when it comes to this game it makes me want to quit playing at least twice per season. That and the occasional bad targeting ai, but hey I hear ya ai isn't perfect. Hear me out though. 99% of the time you drop an update for new content mid season. So I will go from being max( trying to compete with cheaters in this league out of boredom) to having stuff to work on again. So when I'm at 5800 trophies and a new update drops I can't just wait multiple days to be able to drop trophies so that I can sneaky people to death. Call it a part of quality of life. I will steer clear of how much cheating goes on in legends league...since nobody on staff seems to want to address this. For multiple people to have 5800 trophies on the second day of the league smh..do math 5640 is the highest possible +-50 if you happened to be at 4999 or under before season started. If somehow you did manage to not get attacked for two days straight. Which for the record..I've been in legends over a year not one day have I got less than 5 attacks on me. So for these guys to have 5800 even with a 12 hour difference in server cache it's just clearly not possible and definitely needs to be enforced better on how this is accomplished. I'll create a new thread with screenshots when the new season begins to prove this, as well as challenging any of these players to prove me wrong. The first two or 3 days is the easiest way to see the reality of this, but since the entire staff seems to want to avoid that subject I'll go back to the topic at hand. This is the solution I myself, and hopefully others, would love to see to save me from breaking phones to just give up trying to compete before the end of the season without sacrificing multiple days on attacks. Thanks for the time and consideration good job on the update staff, hopefully you all are well during this pandemic.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Therealkush View Post
    Please, for the love of God make a button to drop out of legends league. It is the bane of my clash existence. Something that reverts you back to titan league or lower. I don't even care if none of the trophies earned count towards your profile. I've played since 2012 and I literally only hate legends league when it comes to this game it makes me want to quit playing at least twice per season. That and the occasional bad targeting ai, but hey I hear ya ai isn't perfect. Hear me out though. 99% of the time you drop an update for new content mid season. So I will go from being max( trying to compete with cheaters in this league out of boredom) to having stuff to work on again. So when I'm at 5800 trophies and a new update drops I can't just wait multiple days to be able to drop trophies so that I can sneaky people to death. Call it a part of quality of life. I will steer clear of how much cheating goes on in legends league...since nobody on staff seems to want to address this. For multiple people to have 5800 trophies on the second day of the league smh..do math 5640 is the highest possible +-50 if you happened to be at 4999 or under before season started. If somehow you did manage to not get attacked for two days straight. Which for the record..I've been in legends over a year not one day have I got less than 5 attacks on me. So for these guys to have 5800 even with a 12 hour difference in server cache it's just clearly not possible and definitely needs to be enforced better on how this is accomplished. I'll create a new thread with screenshots when the new season begins to prove this, as well as challenging any of these players to prove me wrong. The first two or 3 days is the easiest way to see the reality of this, but since the entire staff seems to want to avoid that subject I'll go back to the topic at hand. This is the solution I myself, and hopefully others, would love to see to save me from breaking phones to just give up trying to compete before the end of the season without sacrificing multiple days on attacks. Thanks for the time and consideration good job on the update staff, hopefully you all are well during this pandemic.
    Your claims of cheating are based on faulty understanding of what you are seeing.

It is not actually POSSIBLE to cheat in such a way as to get more than 320 trophies in a day in Legends. There is nothing whatsoever that can be done from the client side that could affect that. Any cheating that goes on is in the form of collusion, but that still cannot gain more than 320 per day.

What you are seeing is the effects of the way the system is set up, that players trophy count only gets adjusted/reset the first time they log on after the start of the season.

So if somebody wants to stay showing as 5800, they just don't log on for a while. That isn't cheating.

IMO, it could be classed as a design flaw, but not a major one, since they cannot actually play at that trophy level - it will reset to 5000 the first time they try.

And you knew an update would be coming, and could surely have guessed when, to within a day or two, once the sneak peeks started. So you could easily have dropped in time, if you really felt the need. Most of us stay in Legends because the overall loot is plenty more than enough to keep all builders busy.

No, what it is if you do the math is people somehow are avoiding getting attacked. I apologize for double posting. I thought this didn't post. I cleaned it up slightly the second time lol. If what you say is true and it's a visual it wouldn't continue for multiple days the loop would eventually catch up, or these people would eventually not be there after so often if it is truly as you say, but that is not the case. Either way this button definitely needs to be added. In my opinion. Consider it a white flag of sorts.
    Last edited by Therealkush; October 21st, 2020 at 01:33 PM.

I recently entered Legend League at around 5,060. It was mostly bad luck, because I was trying to stay under, but a couple people dropped on me and forced my hand to sign up. Just an example of being able to appear higher in trophy than what eight three stars daily would calculate up to.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    I recently entered Legend League at around 5,060. It was mostly bad luck, because I was trying to stay under, but a couple people dropped on me and forced my hand to sign up. Just an example of being able to appear higher in trophy than what eight three stars daily would calculate up to.
    I argued for the validity of this to a complete flaw. Until I monitored this real close the last two seasons. If what you are saying is true, then this said players score wouldn't increase another 320 the next day with no defenses. I did say give or take 50 trophies if you manage to revenge someone at 4999 or something along those lines. I mean I applaud the effort to destroy the validity of what I'm saying, but I'm not one to make up things. It's clearly happening somehow. I really don't care how, I just think it would be a good idea to have a white flag of sorts when you decide you want to not compete anymore. No matter the circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Your claims of cheating are based on faulty understanding of what you are seeing.

It is not actually POSSIBLE to cheat in such a way as to get more than 320 trophies in a day in Legends. There is nothing whatsoever that can be done from the client side that could affect that. Any cheating that goes on is in the form of collusion, but that still cannot gain more than 320 per day.

What you are seeing is the effects of the way the system is set up, that players trophy count only gets adjusted/reset the first time they log on after the start of the season.

So if somebody wants to stay showing as 5800, they just don't log on for a while. That isn't cheating.

IMO, it could be classed as a design flaw, but not a major one, since they cannot actually play at that trophy level - it will reset to 5000 the first time they try.

And you knew an update would be coming, and could surely have guessed when, to within a day or two, once the sneak peeks started. So you could easily have dropped in time, if you really felt the need. Most of us stay in Legends because the overall loot is plenty more than enough to keep all builders busy.
    Thanks ajax for the reply, and I know for sure it was gonna stand out is why I hinted at the topic, you guys do really good at everything I've quit maybe 3 times since I played in 2012 and every time I come back it is better and more fun. That can't be said for a lot of other games. I will show you what I mean this next upcoming season, and then maybe you or someone else can explain or calm my paranoia, if that is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

Lets just say hypothetically that what I'm seeing is a visual loop. After all I am open minded, and you have better means to investigate this more thoroughly. So you have better knowledge about what I'm seeing if you look. Is there any way we can see this rankings refreshed as a full server update? Like it being updated once or twice per day. Instead of based on login. Similar to a world save at certain hours on some mmorpgs. So that you have a general idea of where you actually are in standings? I feel the people that I am throwing under the bus are still very few in number, it's only a few people that are questionable. And it's always defenses not attacks that I question. Even though as a max th13 I find it hard to believe that someone is three staring every base given the randomness of bases and the evolution of base designing.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Therealkush View Post
    Lets just say hypothetically that what I'm seeing is a visual loop.
    No, it isn't a visual loop, it is people whose trophy count has not yet been reset because they haven't logged on.

After all I am open minded, and you have better means to investigate this more thoroughly. So you have better knowledge about what I'm seeing if you look.
    Most of what I am saying here is based on this happening quite often in the past, and people having seen it within their own clans.

We moderators are just players like yourself, not employees of SC, and don't have any extra means to investigate things in the game (though we can occasionally get explanations from staff).

Is there any way we can see this rankings refreshed as a full server update? Like it being updated once or twice per day. Instead of based on login.
    I don't know how feasible that might be, not having access to the code.

But given it has always been that way, I suspect it might be a lot of work.

Similar to a world save at certain hours on some mmorpgs. So that you have a general idea of where you actually are in standings? I feel the people that I am throwing under the bus are still very few in number, it's only a few people that are questionable. And it's always defenses not attacks that I question. Even though as a max th13 I find it hard to believe that someone is three staring every base given the randomness of bases and the evolution of base designing.
    I am 99% certain that these people just haven't logged on.

My question is, if this only happens at the the beginning of the season, does it go away after a few days? Do people catch up and they drop?

It is the beginning of a season so IMO it doesn't really matter.

I get the need for a button but the reasoning is suspect.
    Last edited by SaYNaNaFoO; October 21st, 2020 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SaYNaNaFoO View Post
    My question is, if this only happens at the the beginning of the season, does it go away after a few days? Do people catch up and they drop?

It is the beginning of a season so IMO it doesn't really matter.
    Lol dang, maybe I shouldn't have said anything about that so that the idea had a better chance of implementation.
    Reasons as a moderator you would need to allot the time adding this button to the game as a player-
    -You want more attacks per day
    -you want to stop competing mid season
    Yes both can be avoided before entering the league, but for me I feel like your decisions on your bases change on a daily basis, and as of now there is no way to just drop very quickly like there is in other leagues i.e. setting your hero down in a corner and ending the battle.

Since I rambled on the subject that is now in discussion the actual person that changed my perspective on this legends ordeal had 5458 trophies day one, then it increased by exactly 320 for 3 days. Meaning he either won every defense, or wasn't attacked luckily. I was being dramatic when I said 5800 on the 2nd day that wasn't the exact number. This season in particular I was in 46th place so it's the only reason I even noticed it myself, cause I am aware of the time zone difference(when people login) and stats from the previous season being there visually if they haven't logged in. I noticed this also because I had always tried to average what they would've got on defenses to have obtained that score to get an idea of how well my base design is doing in comparison overall. Assuming that they did get 3 stars every attack for the math. In defense of supercell the person I screenshot and sent them the pictures of this season are now inactive bases. No doubt, get them all!
    Last edited by Therealkush; October 21st, 2020 at 03:55 PM.