Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Add Option to Enable or Disable Censoring Words

Add Option to Enable or Disable Censoring Words

It seems like the censor filter in the game censors every single word almost. It censors any phrase that has at least two capital letters in a row (like EJ). It also blocks words like Twitch (which is a streaming platform, not a bad word). It censors so many words that donít need to be censored.

My suggestion is to either fix this censor filter thing or just simply add the option to enable or disable it. Not everyone playing the game is 9 years old. Some people can take bad words without being offended.

Forum Champion
    This just isn’t possible aside from turning off in settings or turning 16 years old. SC is legally required to have such strict censorship in order to maintain its 13+ rating.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    You already have this option. Go into Settings, More Settings and shut off "Filter Clan Chat." Text censoring only occurs if this is enabled, or if you have a child in your clan.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 21 - 746 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    You already have this option. Go into Settings, More Settings and shut off "Filter Clan Chat." Text censoring only occurs if this is enabled, or if you have a child in your clan.
    How does it detect if a child is in the clan? And what age is considered a child in the game?
    Last edited by DisneyWorldMan; October 20th, 2020 at 10:39 PM.

Millennial Club
    I'm not sure, but I think its around 13 or 14
    Squidward>spongebob

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiemonster123123 View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think its around 13 or 14
    It's censored for people under the age of 16.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyWorldMan View Post
    How does it detect if a child is in the clan? And what age is considered a child in the game?
    The censor is automatically on if you have somebody in the clan who is under 16 and is in the USA. If you have no player who meets those two conditions, then the censor follows your individual setting.

I presume it gets the player age from their Google or Apple account, since you have to give an age to those before you can download anything. But it may be something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The censor is automatically on if you have somebody in the clan who is under 16 and is in the USA. If you have no player who meets those two conditions, then the censor follows your individual setting.

I presume it gets the player age from their Google or Apple account, since you have to give an age to those before you can download anything. But it may be something else.
    Interesting, thanks for the insight!

@Ajax, @SharkyFinn, please help me understand:

When I toggle "Filter clan chat", the entirety of the current clan chat log is touched. This indicates to me that this option is a client-side option.

"Children accounts" are something the server can distinguish, according to your previous posts.

What is the rationale, then, for forcing the filter on the entire clan, if one player in the clan is under age? What was the design rationale for not locking the filter setting solely on the "child account"? Especially given the aggressiveness of the filter?

... and I fear I have an "unfortunate 'also'" ... My clan has started encountering this forced filter only recently - in the last few days. Can you confirm for us whether there have, or have not, been server-side changes, either in policy or implementation? The alternative, of course is "our clan has recently had a 'child account' join us". That is always possible.

But we cannot confirm this is the case through the client, as far as I know. If we CAN confirm this through the client, can you tell us how?

Forum Superstar
    Here you go. You can follow that thread by pressing the blue arrow in the quote right after [Supercell].

Long story short if you have someone 16 yrs old or younger in your clan your chat is auto filtered, the only way to remove filter is removing that/those players.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The new censorship only applies to accounts belonging to players who created a new account after the October update, in the US, and are under the age of 16. Unfortunately, these filters are due to having to be in compliance with recent US regulations. While I can't get into the specific details at the moment, we are looking at ways we could potentially fine tune it while still being compliant with the new regulations.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:19 AM.