Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warning-If you start the tutorial for the new ID you will have to choose an avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    To be honest, I haven't given that much thought yet ... I've seen the avatars and they just don't 'do' anything for me... I totally understand it's not a service like Discord where one can choose their own pictures or something, but that would seem much better - for me at least... On the other hand: thankfully it doesn't interfere with my playing the game, so for now I'll just not use the feature
    Having a system where everyone can just use whatever avatar they want to would have to be monitored, as other people you add with the new SCID friend system can see your avatar. Having a preset for avatars you can pick from saves them the monitoring.

Being forced to pick an avatar seems kinda annoying though. I wouldn't want to use one, just change the name (or something along those lines).

Does anyone know if you can remove an avatar after you've already chosen one? (I know/assume they can be changed, but can you just completely remove it?).

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDutch View Post
    Having a system where everyone can just use whatever avatar they want to would have to be monitored, as other people you add with the new SCID friend system can see your avatar. Having a preset for avatars you can pick from saves them the monitoring.

Being forced to pick an avatar seems kinda annoying though. I wouldn't want to use one, just change the name (or something along those lines).

Does anyone know if you can remove an avatar after you've already chosen one? (I know/assume they can be changed, but can you just completely remove it?).
    You cannot remove an avatar. You can only change it to another one.

edit: Also worth noting there is no tutorial unless there’s one buried in the help area. What the OP is referring to is “getting started”. You’re forced against your will to use an avatar for your Supercell ID. Oh, the humanity.
    Last edited by toofinedog; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:32 PM.

What happens when u start a new account where the new SCID interface hasn't been implemented yet? Because this something I won't want to experience.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonCream099 View Post
    What happens when u start a new account where the new SCID interface hasn't been implemented yet? Because this something I won't want to experience.
    The avatars are sort of annoying as they can mess up the carefully ordered sc list when you have multiple accounts....however...

if i could scribble a note to myself....that would be cool. But you cant.

so i am using the background color to make notes, eg which account needs attention or, is about to hero upgrade

most of us dont need to advertise to our clan, but we do want a better way to see “who’s next”, eg how much dark til the next upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    You cannot remove an avatar. You can only change it to another one.

edit: Also worth noting there is no tutorial unless there’s one buried in the help area. What the OP is referring to is “getting started”. You’re forced against your will to use an avatar for your Supercell ID. Oh, the humanity.
    What's with this attitude here... OP sees something, mentions it here to let others know... if you don't want to read, just move on, right? I for one think it's good to know - OP hasn't suggested anywhere that it's a life changing event or whatever...

Its enough to stop me from signing up, at least till I know more.. Sounds like it could mess with my system..
    PS.. Have never looked at SCID, so dont know how its set out..
    One click account change was tempting tho.

3DE386A0-769E-4A3D-A800-C105F0F73F20.jpeg

I wish we could just use the available troops as avatars. Unless their relatively high resolution and size are not suitable to use as avatars?

Edit: they already have the real barb archer and hog rider image available, not only the low quality ones shown in the other thread.
    Last edited by pppla; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    What's with this attitude here... OP sees something, mentions it here to let others know... if you don't want to read, just move on, right? I for one think it's good to know - OP hasn't suggested anywhere that it's a life changing event or whatever...
    I’ve provided useful information in this thread in addition to confirming one must choose an avatar outside of any purported tutorial and my quiet mention that it really isn’t a big deal (the humanity of it all) that you chose to bring to the forefront of this conversation. Dutch mentions being “forced” to choose an avatar, and I’m confirming it is true and expanding it to you are “forced against your will” to do it.

I don’t get why it’s so disappointing that you must choose an avatar for your Supercell ID from an existing list of Supercell characters. All great choices, though I’d like to see a PEKKA.

The real outrage should be that per the update notes, we could choose any avatar, including kitties, but we can’t. Maybe if this feature comes later, you can screenshot the default “no avatar” and make that your avatar, but that will create an avatar paradox, and your Supercell ID will implode.

For reference:

Supercell ID
    The Supercell ID team has been hard at work, adding a few new, community-requested features to improve the usability of the Supercell ID.

• You can now custom name each of your Supercell ID accounts.
    • Ability to add profiles and profile pictures - time to find that best kitty photo!
    • Friends list - You can now add friends to your Supercell ID account and play with them across all Supercell games.
    • You can now see who on your friend’s list is online and what Supercell game they are currently playing

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Its enough to stop me from signing up, at least till I know more.. Sounds like it could mess with my system..
    PS.. Have never looked at SCID, so dont know how its set out..
    One click account change was tempting tho.
    I would not let forcibly having to choose an avatar dissuade you from using SC ID. When you’re logged in on Clash of Clans, it shows the app icon, so just make your profile photo a barb as well and call it a day. It affects literally nothing by having an avatar, and you can still identify your villages by their actual name instead of the email address you’re using unless you’re one of those poor souls with a seemingly innocent, yet censored anyway, name. In the case of similar village names, you can also see player and trophy levels. All in all, it’s an improvement to the previous iteration with an extra photo that affects, again, nothing.
    Last edited by toofinedog; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:55 PM.

yup, wish I had known you “must” have an avatar, would have liked if you could either put your own, or chose to not have one at all.

*side note*
    not sure if this has been mentioned, but I am noticing that my online status and friend status keeps toggling to on when I have toggled it off, hope they fix that glitch

Lol the pic is really no big deal - chose just a color if you prefer - its the other features that are just really nice to have

Lethal Relic - Leader of Lethal Demise #9QJJU9J8
    Level 23!!!

Click Here to join the Lethal Family of Clans