Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hybrid hell

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    241

    Hybrid hell

    What its the best type of base set up to defend against hybrid attack (miner,hogs). Personally i think they are OP and need nerfing but cant see that happening! Most attacks get simple low % 2 stars but this combo wreck my bases, whatever design i try. Any suggestions, tips or bases that seem to prevent their mass damage?? Tbh ive just given up and just get used to seeing the odd hybrid 3 star or near 3 star!

  2. #2
    Millennial Club Rizzob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Over there ---->
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Moaner View Post
    What its the best type of base set up to defend against hybrid attack (miner,hogs). Personally i think they are OP and need nerfing but cant see that happening! Most attacks get simple low % 2 stars but this combo wreck my bases, whatever design i try. Any suggestions, tips or bases that seem to prevent their mass damage?? Tbh ive just given up and just get used to seeing the odd hybrid 3 star or near 3 star!
    I would first try to mess up the queen charge, then bait the entry of the hybrid. Where are most of the queen charges coming from? Where are most of the hybrids entering from?

    Headhunters and Super Minions can really mess up a queen charge fast. Or, at least force the attacker to use two spells and a queen ability just to deal with the CC. You just have to set up your CC so it's near the entry, though that might cause attackers to choose a different angle to avoid it. Also, set up some black mines to try to take out healers.

    As for the hybrid entry, if most are entering from the same side, move some traps, particularly spring traps to the entry points.

    If you have a clanmate adept at hybrid attacks, test out your base with friendly challenges.

    Oh, and ground x-bows help too, though this leaves you more susceptible to air attacks.

    Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Moaner View Post
    What its the best type of base set up to defend against hybrid attack (miner,hogs). Personally i think they are OP and need nerfing but cant see that happening! Most attacks get simple low % 2 stars but this combo wreck my bases, whatever design i try. Any suggestions, tips or bases that seem to prevent their mass damage?? Tbh ive just given up and just get used to seeing the odd hybrid 3 star or near 3 star!
    I can't tell if your base is getting regularly destroyed by hybrid or if you are just occasionally seeing the odd hybrid 3 star or near 3 star. I think there is a big difference. If it is regularly getting 3 starred, like over 50% of the time, that sounds like a base design issue. If it is occasionally 3 starred, I think that should be expected.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    I would first try to mess up the queen charge, then bait the entry of the hybrid. Where are most of the queen charges coming from? Where are most of the hybrids entering from?

    Headhunters and Super Minions can really mess up a queen charge fast. Or, at least force the attacker to use two spells and a queen ability just to deal with the CC. You just have to set up your CC so it's near the entry, though that might cause attackers to choose a different angle to avoid it. Also, set up some black mines to try to take out healers.

    As for the hybrid entry, if most are entering from the same side, move some traps, particularly spring traps to the entry points.

    If you have a clanmate adept at hybrid attacks, test out your base with friendly challenges.

    Oh, and ground x-bows help too, though this leaves you more susceptible to air attacks.
    thanks. Its not all hybrid attacks but they are the only ones that do real damage. I guess a lot is also down to the skill of the players, as i also see poor hybrid attacks.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    85
    Teaser layouts are a nightmare against hybrid (at least for me they are) -- that is corner CC&TH, heavy loaded with traps and all heroes nearby

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    241
    Ty..might try that.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Moaner View Post
    Ty..might try that.
    Not a bad idea in legends. Not so good in war where the army can be custom built.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWalkerr View Post
    Teaser layouts are a nightmare against hybrid (at least for me they are) -- that is corner CC&TH, heavy loaded with traps and all heroes nearby
    Agreed. Those are the ones I find hardest. The number of 75-85% 1 stars I've had against those is ridiculous.

    If you throw everything in from the TH corner, you'll usually get the TH, but rarely get 50%. If you come from most other directions, you get well over 50% but by the time you get to TH, you have nothing left for all those defences.

  9. #9
    Millennial Club Rizzob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Over there ---->
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Agreed. Those are the ones I find hardest. The number of 75-85% 1 stars I've had against those is ridiculous.

    If you throw everything in from the TH corner, you'll usually get the TH, but rarely get 50%. If you come from most other directions, you get well over 50% but by the time you get to TH, you have nothing left for all those defences.
    I was using the old "Ice Age" attack (Ice Golems, Witches, Bowlers, bunch of freezes, eqs, siege barracks) - while it was not very effective on ring bases, it was destroying teaser bases. Normally when you go at the TH corner, you're also going against most of the base's defenses, so sometimes you can barely get through it. But, with Ice Age, you end up freezing all that damage, and once you make it through, there's very little left to hurt your troops.

    Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    287
    Imo I would advice against using teaser bases if you’re trying to defend hybrid. Since all the major defenses are located at one part of the base a queen charge is able to get all of it and the hybrid has an easy path through the rest of the base.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •