Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: What do you think coc will look like in the year 2030

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    309
    Offline. 10 years time we won't be playing games like this at all. Touch screen be a thing of the past.

  2. #22
    Forum Veteran GaMe ChAnGeR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    S O M E W H E R E under T H E ☀️
    Posts
    1,716
    Quote Originally Posted by ExploringGalaxy View Post
    Yep, i also think it will not last that long (not another 10 years).
    Poor Recruiting, increasing levels of everything and more better games would surely drift kids to play other games.
    As for those in higher studies they would soon be busy in their lives for earning or for other reasons, so that section would also not play much.
    And can't say anything about old people.
    Agree with this👍If my calculations are anywhere near correct, currently it would take a brand new player 7.5+ (or longer) years to max out completely without spending anything(F2P Silver Pass and 1 new TH per 1.5 years in an avg). Just think what the time would be, in 2030. I dont think that there would be many who are ready to waste more than 10 years of their life on a game, when much better games are available that one can complete in months. Most of the current player player base who are maxed out, would probably retire by then due to various reasons. That would lead to a shortage of players.
    Last edited by GaMe ChAnGeR1; October 20th, 2020 at 08:05 AM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMe ChAnGeR1 View Post
    Agree with thisIf my calculations are anywhere near correct, currently it would take a brand new player 7.5+ (or longer) years to max out completely without spending anything(F2P Silver Pass and 1 new TH per 1.5 years in an avg). Just think what the time would be, in 2030. I dont think that there would be many who are ready to waste more than 10 years of their life on a game, when much better games are available that one can complete in months. Most of the current player player base who are maxed out, would probably retire by then due to various reasons. That would lead to a shortage of players.
    As the players retire, more players join the game. So that becomes an endless loop where when a player base leaves, the new ones join, So they'll probably not much shortage of players until we're getting exciting new content, demanding features and something exceptional that makes the game running for years.
    Last edited by Shivank380; October 20th, 2020 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Changes

  4. #24
    Senior Member chilepepper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    planet earth
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMe ChAnGeR1 View Post
    Agree with thisIf my calculations are anywhere near correct, currently it would take a brand new player 7.5+ (or longer) years to max out completely without spending anything(F2P Silver Pass and 1 new TH per 1.5 years in an avg). Just think what the time would be, in 2030. I dont think that there would be many who are ready to waste more than 10 years of their life on a game, when much better games are available that one can complete in months. Most of the current player player base who are maxed out, would probably retire by then due to various reasons. That would lead to a shortage of players.
    someone else did a calculation that if you had back-to-back upgrades with no break you would max out your base in 2-3 years.
    have a friend who started the game about 9 months ago and is already a half maxed th9 and another friend who played for about 11 months when i met him and was already a maxed out th10. neither of them spent a damn penny on the game and when i asked how they got up so fast turns out they just play daily. i know this is no where near th13 but the 10 guy might make it in a year or two.

    also, i think as new town hall levels come in, the lower town halls will be made easier to progress on by super cell so its always even.
    remember how in 2016 irt was all the rage to have a th10 but now its considered an upper class mid-level town hall. its now considered a low level to have a th8 but 8 years ago it was the max level.

    i hope you can see my point.

    played clash of clans for 3 years...or was it 4? Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop

    my main account: https://www.clashofstats.com/players...0LCC2P/summary
    my second account: https://www.clashofstats.com/players...LVR22VJLJ/army

  5. #25
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    694
    According to the site
    https://clashofclans.fandom.com/wiki...s/Home_Village
    the lab upgrades take 1685 days (4.5 yrs) to max out everything. (I know also this timing does not take into account the new timings so will be slightly less) - no chance of a maxed base without spend in 2-3 years.
    Max out TH10 takes 1.3 years in the lab (less and reduced times).
    I think, attracting new players, knowing you will need 4 years to max TH13 (and by then will the game be here, and where will the game be then)... makes attracting new players tough, esp once they actually realise the time line..

    Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 16 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 59| GW 28 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L6t | BK: 57 | GW 25 | Max Trophies: 3700+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L74 | BK: 70| GW 40 | RC: L20 | Max Trophies: 5000+

  6. #26
    Forum Veteran GaMe ChAnGeR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    S O M E W H E R E under T H E ☀️
    Posts
    1,716
    Quote Originally Posted by chilepepper101 View Post
    someone else did a calculation that if you had back-to-back upgrades with no break you would max out your base in 2-3 years.
    have a friend who started the game about 9 months ago and is already a half maxed th9 and another friend who played for about 11 months when i met him and was already a maxed out th10. neither of them spent a damn penny on the game and when i asked how they got up so fast turns out they just play daily. i know this is no where near th13 but the 10 guy might make it in a year or two.

    also, i think as new town hall levels come in, the lower town halls will be made easier to progress on by super cell so its always even.
    remember how in 2016 irt was all the rage to have a th10 but now its considered an upper class mid-level town hall. its now considered a low level to have a th8 but 8 years ago it was the max level.

    i hope you can see my point.
    Yes. B2B upgrades get you to max in about 4.65 years(used a calculator from reddit). But the players are not bots. They have lives outside the game. There would be inevitable delays between upgrades. So, lets take it as 5 years to max out TH13. Assuming that a new townhall comes every 1.5 years, there would be three new townhalls at that time. The highest townhalls take 1.5 years to max. So there you go: 5.5 + 3(1.5) = 5.5 + 4.5= 9.5 years to completely max out the highest townhall at the time. The magic items do help a bit, but not much. When new townhalls release, the player would be at 2 or 1 townhalls below the top, so there wouldnt be much time reductions, probably.
    Last edited by GaMe ChAnGeR1; October 20th, 2020 at 12:20 PM.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    According to the site
    https://clashofclans.fandom.com/wiki...s/Home_Village
    the lab upgrades take 1685 days (4.5 yrs) to max out everything. (I know also this timing does not take into account the new timings so will be slightly less) - no chance of a maxed base without spend in 2-3 years.
    Max out TH10 takes 1.3 years in the lab (less and reduced times).
    I think, attracting new players, knowing you will need 4 years to max TH13 (and by then will the game be here, and where will the game be then)... makes attracting new players tough, esp once they actually realise the time line..
    To be honest though, for new players at that point. It's probably better to just give levels 1 to say 7, for free and or 0 time cost. Perhaps offer a time skip option to jump ahead and catch up.
    I've thought about doing a mini base / 2nd account but I really really cannot be bothered with waiting on stuff like hero upgrades which are plain tedious, and relying on giant spam to win and having a max baby dragon pop out an enemy cc which I am defenceless against.
    They've reduced times already but soon enough I doubt many will care about offering up to lvl7 or so for nowt.

    Or simply can the lower levels outright, simply raise the floor as well as the ceiling so to speak. Would anybody care? The auto level up feature is already removing rarely used bases anyway and is anyone going to miss anything? The practice mode takes care of the L2P side of things.

  8. #28
    Forum Veteran GaMe ChAnGeR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    S O M E W H E R E under T H E ☀️
    Posts
    1,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    I've thought about doing a mini base / 2nd account but I really really cannot be bothered with waiting on stuff like hero upgrades which are plain tedious, and relying on giant spam to win and having a max baby dragon pop out an enemy cc which I am defenceless against.
    Counter it by donating max cc from your main, lol.

  9. #29
    You will get to raid in 3d............

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivank380 View Post
    As the players retire, more players join the game. So that becomes an endless loop where when a player base leaves, the new ones join, So they'll probably not much shortage of players
    This is not reality which you are thinking.

    Practicaly just see around young folks, they won't give a damn to this game. Much better games are alreay out there and considering for another 10 years, the loop which you mentioned would not be what you expected.
    The no. of players leaving would be huge as compared to no. of players joining.
    So yes, there might be shortage of players in future.

    Though its all speculation but you can't always think from a single perspective.
    Last edited by ExploringGalaxy; October 20th, 2020 at 12:50 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •