Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Disaster at the qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    I feel like I know the members of the tribe. I watch Lexnos and Itzu on YouTube. I only wish I could see other members of their team at least as guests on their show. I probably wouldn't know very much about the e sports Clash of Clans without their YouTube videos.

I felt like I knew a lot about the players on the 49ers from the Montana/Steve Young days. There was a connection there that went beyond that they did on the field. I went to an even where Steve Young spoke and won $300 from a type of random drawing based on where you were sitting.

Journalism was much better before the internet. Reporters don't really go into extra information about the teams. That way you can get to know about the players better.

George Siefert for example. I loved that guy. I knew a lot about him from the newspapers. He had a fishing story about hauling in a giant fish while his boat was sinking. It has been a long time so I'd have to read the article again.

I'm running out to work so this post will be incomplete. I don't know very much about the team Tribe lost to. I know that Tribe will always be a classy winner or loser.

The only thing I know about their opponent was a few sentences which i saw on the live qualifier.
    Darkest Muzhan was by no means an underdog or unknown team but one of the top competitive teams in the scene and arguably stronger than Tribe Gaming. Lexnos had even said on his stream that the team they least wanted to face in the finals was Darkest Muzhan.

The one important thing about Darkest Muzhan is their star player Wei, who actually won the World Championship last year and was the tournament MVP. He seems extremely underrated in the english speaking community due to not having a presence here and you rarely see his name pop up in the twitter discussions of the best players in the world. He has proved himself to the be the best player in the world last year and I still believe he is very much in contention for #1 player in the world today.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyla View Post
    Darkest Muzhan was by no means an underdog or unknown team but one of the top competitive teams in the scene and arguably stronger than Tribe Gaming. Lexnos had even said on his stream that the team they least wanted to face in the finals was Darkest Muzhan.
    Fascinating. Apparently, Lexnos hasn't heard of the following phrase: "To be the best, you have to beat the best."

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyla View Post
    The one important thing about Darkest Muzhan is their star player Wei, who actually won the World Championship last year and was the tournament MVP. He seems extremely underrated in the english speaking community due to not having a presence here and you rarely see his name pop up in the twitter discussions of the best players in the world. He has proved himself to the be the best player in the world last year and I still believe he is very much in contention for #1 player in the world today.
    I'd like to suggest Wei hire a good PR agency to promote his awesomeness in the English-speaking community. In the meantime, because I like his name, I'm giving the following unsolicited consultation free of charge.

As professional American baseball players walk up to the home plate to hit, the stadium speakers would play walkup music selected in advance by each player. Similarly, when each Clashy competitor is introduced and walk to his or her seat, different walkup music should be played to identify each competitor.

For Wei, I can only think of one song with the following lyrics at the end. My deepest apologies to Paul Anka for changing a word.

"...Oh no, oh no, not me
    I did it my way
    For what is a man, what has he got?
    If not himself then he has naught
    To say the things he truly feels
    And not the words of one who kneels
    The record shows I took the blows
    And did it my way
    Yes, it was my Wei"

EDIT: In another universe, I'm a professional baseball player whose walkup music is "Fly Me to the Moon". Opposing pitchers may not appreciate my humor, and will try to strike me out. But I crouch low to shrink my strike zone and still have enough power to hit to all fields.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:25 PM.
    Humbly playing my part to recruit new Clashers.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12707285

TBH, TG took advantage of the new Super Witch meta to enter the finals, which is already unexpected for those who often watch tournaments.

Now the only Tier 1 team that has not yet taken the golden ticket is Queen Walkers.
    Last edited by DenTang; October 20th, 2020 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Fascinating. Apparently, Lexnos hasn't heard of the following phrase: "To be the best, you have beat the best."

I'd like to suggest Wei hire a good PR agency to promote his awesomeness in the English-speaking community. In the meantime, because I like his name, I'm giving the following unsolicited consultation free of charge.

As professional American baseball players walk up to the home plate to hit, the stadium speakers would play walkup music selected in advance by each player. Similarly, when each Clashy competitor is introduced and walk to his or her seat, different walkup music should be played to identify each competitor.

For Wei, I can only think of one song with the following lyrics at the end. My deepest apologies to Paul Anka for changing a word.

"...Oh no, oh no, not me
    I did it my way
    For what is a man, what has he got?
    If not himself then he has naught
    To say the things he truly feels
    And not the words of one who kneels
    The record shows I took the blows
    And did it my way
    Yes, it was my Wei"

EDIT: In another universe, I'm a professional baseball player whose walkup music is "Fly Me to the Moon". Opposing pitchers may not appreciate my humor, and will try to strike me out. But I crouch low to shrink my strike zone and still have enough power to hit to all fields.

Quote Originally Posted by DenTang View Post
    TBH, TG took advantage of the new Super Witch meta to enter the finals, which is already unexpected for those who often watch tournaments.

Now the only Tier 1 team that has not yet taken the golden ticket is Queen Walkers.
    Indeed, I will be rooting for Queen Walkers in the 6th qualifier

I felt bad for Tribe. They did a really exceptional job at the qualifiers and we saw such a good amount of triples and wonderful attacks. but unfortunately, they lost. I hope they can qualify in future.

Fascinating. Apparently, Lexnos hasn't heard of the following phrase: "To be the best, you have beat the best."
    While I agree with this, there are times in both sports and gaming where you just don't match up well against a certain team, or player. I think this is one of those instances.

This reminds me of some fun conversations I've had with friends (usually over a beverage) about what our walkup songs would be, including the most ridiculous ones we could think of. I'm in favor of any excuse to add walkup music wherever it fits.

I was going to respond "Paul Anka? That's a Sinatra song!" But a little googling proved me wrong, and also I learned:

'My Way' was originally titled, 'Comme d'Habitude', the song was written by Gilles Thibault, J. Claude Francois and Jacques Revaux in 1967. Two years later, Paul Anka used the melody and wrote English lyrics with Frank Sinatra in mind. Sinatra had a major hit with the song, and it became known as a Sinatra hit.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images

Why not watch? There is some good stuff on there and you will not be limited to your bromance clans.

As a new th13, it is entertaining for me to watch and learn. New strategies and interesting attacks. So maybe there is a large group of people watching and only a few are uninterested.

New Bloke/Chick
    I think Tribe can still get in with a wild card, isn't there a voting procedure for those.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTrueClasherr View Post
    Ahh... reminds of 2008!!! John terry slipped due to rain in champions league final... more painful? F1 title, I rarely cry, but i did cry that day, felt so bad for him!

This too shall pass....

PS. referring to the NFC game
    Totally not related to clash
    But here's something that hurts more i guess
    Im a bit of cricket fan
    Talk about 2019 WC Final and talk about that extra throw that hit ben stokes helmet costed NZ the WC after being in finals twice in a row
    Talk about greatest cricket rivalry the ASHES 2019 imagine if AUS haven't wasted the review or nathon lyon not fumbling with the run out they would have won the ASHES rather than retaining it