Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Make the clock tower more importantant

Interesting idea, indeed OP.
    I had to go check back in game the stats of the CT, and they are same as the lab or a storage, except there is now no real purpose anymore for the CT boost.

To reflect on some replies, too much effect would bring back the old limitation of only having efficient attacks during the boosted times, so as an alternative there could be various effects of the boost during a vs battle:
    - limited area troop slowing (not related to boost), until CT destruction: if CT is boosted an explosion occurs dealing damages,
    - if own CT boosted, troops have a bonus when attacking the opposing CT (and perhaps buildings within an area of it),
    - if own CT boosted, area around it is ‘darker’ (reduced light/ more night around own boosted CT),

(To even reduce effect, limit the above in time to initial 30sec, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    I like how since training/healing was removed from the builder base so that emphasis on Clocktower boosting has shifted to activating when it's efficient to speed along upgrades/resource production only.

Since the boost can only be activated roughly once a day, and I no longer need to sit down for a boosted attack session like the old days, adding a combat-boosting aspect back to the Clocktower would force players like me to devote more time in one sitting to get the maximum effect of the boost instead of spreading out attacks to whenever it's convenient.

If this was added, and I still wanted to follow a loose attacking schedule not on boost, I would potentially facing opponents who are only attacking while they're on boost, placing me at a disadvantage.

For those reasons, I'm out.
    You know that boosting troops and deffences is not the original idea, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteeWolf View Post
    You know that boosting troops and deffences is not the original idea, right ?
    Yes, your idea is to de-buff (slow down) defenses after the clock tower is destroyed which indirectly buffs the troops those defenses are interacting with.

Having re-read your idea, it looks like it has nothing to do with the actual boost ability the clock tower provides but instead gives the clock tower a secondary function unrelated to the boost.

I do like your idea as long as my choice when to use the boost itself and whether the boost is active or expended doesn’t affect the secondary function you are proposing.

To that effect, if Supercell is trying to find the characteristic setting the builder base apart from the main village, they could give other non-defensive buildings like the lab, the gem mine, and even the barracks secondary effects as well.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Yes, your idea is to de-buff (slow down) defenses after the clock tower is destroyed which indirectly buffs the troops those defenses are interacting with.

Having re-read your idea, it looks like it has nothing to do with the actual boost ability the clock tower provides but instead gives the clock tower a secondary function unrelated to the boost.

I do like your idea as long as my choice when to use the boost itself and whether the boost is active or expended doesn’t affect the secondary function you are proposing.

To that effect, if Supercell is trying to find the characteristic setting the builder base apart from the main village, they could give other non-defensive buildings like the lab, the gem mine, and even the barracks secondary effects as well.
    I would LOVE to see other buildings getting some extra characteristics. But I think that the clock tower is a big and unique building so it should have some nice characteristics, because otherwise the boost ability could just get trigered by the Builder Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Also agree that it is an interesting concept! Kudos for something new and original to discuss.

Could be simply: If clock accelerated during a defend, then all defenses fire at a faster rate, until Clock Tower destroyed. Or (since they are Versus Battles), If your Clock Tower is boosted, then your own troops fire at a faster rate until the opponent takes down your own tower. Lots of possibilities!

This would bring back a reason to use a Clock Tower boost at optimal times (when attacking and defending) as opposed to "whenever boost available". Make the boost potion have value, not just "sell for gems" as I am sure many maxed BH players do today.
    Really intresting!!

I’m glad this thread was brought up again.

If the clocktower gave a negative effect to the defender (slowing of nearby defenses), the clocktower is going in a corner where it can’t harm anything.