Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hacked Twice. Shared no account info or devices. SCID should be secure. Pls Read.

New Bloke/Chick

Hacked Twice. Shared no account info or devices. SCID should be secure. Pls Read.

What I'm about to explain is the truth.
    I'll try to keep it short as possible although it's a complex hacking problem that is not limited to CoC.
    All other IOS games have been hacked to some degree (not all to take over account) sometimes just to ruin the game if I cannot be locked out.

About a month ago my Steam Account was hacked/stolen. The hacker found a vulnerability in the steam client and backdoored it into my account. They didn't access my email.

Let me make one thing very clear.. I have never nor would I ever share account information of any kind to ANYone.

Now that I've made that clear, next, I have the strongest email protection for Google that you can buy.
    I used to use Google Authenticator - on my iPhone, if you're not familiar, it creates 6 digits every 10 sec or so on an app which requires you to enter that digit after your email PW to enter your Google Account.
    The Authenticator was hacked over a year ago, my "old" Google email was then of course hacked bc in the past 5 years using a pw alone no matter how sophisticated- I use 30+ number/letters/symbols for all my pw's these days fyi.. The pw's eventually get hacked without layered protection. Using my phone number doesn't work as protection btw. Yes I know that is rare, my iPhone 6 was sim hacked and more but I won't get into that.

My old supercell ID was hacked and my account was locked. I did indeed provide all the needed information for SC devs to be satisfied on the ownership of the account and I got my account back. TH11 at this time FYI. Started in 2012ish.
    This time I bought the most secure email protection available on the market "has been for years," and it is an Authenticator Key.

I made a new new email then guarded it with the key. About 6 months later all my regular obstacles in main village stopped spawning. They no longer spawn. I mean zero. I don't think they have accessed my account via SC ID..
    Or email of course.. They did hack my Apple ID bc it was an old one. But according to SC, that's not a way into someone's account without their SCID, which I have protected by the new email.

Also, when I start playing CoC during special obstacle times... The hackers stop them from spawning. For example,
    the first day I opened my iPad, was 3-4 days into the spawns, naturally one gravestone had spawned but it's now been about 2 days and no new gravestones will spawn. I'm hoping that I'm wrong about this and the 2nd will spawn eventually, but, the reason I believe this in the first place is bc it happened before. The reason that SC locked my account the first time, was bc during an Xmas season, no trees were spawning, none. Once I told SC in in-game support, they saw shady activities on my account and locked it.
    Once I got my account back - end of the xmas spawn time, 3 spawned fairly quickly.

So naturally you can see the issue.. With CoC anyways, my game data is broken... Yet if I reach out for help I risk losing my account now TH13.. And 8 years old..

I understand and how rare my issues are with the hacking, and it goes much deeper than games but I won't waste your time. I feel that SC should make some type of exception based on my problem. I didn't give a friend my acc info, I secured my email that's now associated w/ my SCID.. I have done everything in my power to avoid this situation yet here I am.

I'd just like SC to fix w/e data is corrupted so my game works normally once again. It would be nice for obstacles special and normal to spawn once again. If I remove all of the normal obstacles- (there are less than 10 left and they're all regular trees) no more will spawn. Based off of all the previous ones I've removed no new ones spawn.

Id like Supercell to help me without locking down my account again thus forever. I almost feel certain that I'm the only CoC player with this particular issue. Being hacked but unsure whether it's really my SCID that's been compromised.

I know now that these forums aren't normally a place to find help from SC employees but it goes without saying I'm in a predicament nobody else is in and I need help! Without help this game is much less appealing moreover someone is hacking your game. Who knows what this hacker is going to do next..

I'd really like SC devs to fix my account issues or at least take a look with the assurance that my account will not be locked as I intend to keep my SCID and same email. At the very least I'd like to know what damage has been done to my account - I'd like assistance getting the isp's and devices used to hack my account bc they most certainly aren't any of mine.

i doubt I'll get help and I do understand. I do have to try to get help bc it never hurts to try.

sorry for the long thread, I had to be very clear regarding sharing devices/account info bc that is something I don't do and I do not fall into that category and I know most Threads related do.

I have not exaggerated regarding the hacking, although I admit that I'm not 100% sure how someone gained access to my account. The email protection I use is almost impossible to hack unless they hacked my wifi network, my laptop, and somehow accessed my email through my own laptop while I was logged in, and remotely entered my email right after I did (pretty much a second after me) by using my laptop, also most likely they'd have to be within a hundred meters or so, and somehow retrieved backup codes, or they maybe just got through one time, which is enough to log into my SCID...

I say that bc this last anniversary for CoC I hadn't played CoC at all. Not even around that time. So why would I have 4-5 of the cakes on my base. Logic dictates perhaps at the time the hacker believed they had sole possession of my account and I was done. At this point they would possibly move forward with collecting and playing the game here and there..

Anyways, earlier today it was confirmed my wifi is hacked. I contacted Spectrum and found the router admin pw was changed. This way I'm unable to change the wifi pw.. Until I get new equipment..

So unfortunately, it raises the likelihood that the hacker is signed into my SCID on his/her own device. By no means does it prove this though.

Anyways, not sure I'll get much help here. Only a hacker or programmer would have some of the solutions regarding how my account was hacked. The Devs could help but it goes against there Terms.. Highly doubt an exception will be made. If anyone who is more computer savvy than me has any advice for anything at all I'd be great full. The past few years have been extremely challenging for me and adding all my game and game accounts to the list of targets has been stressful.

Thank you for your time,

zeph

Under the spider's web in the dark corner.
    1. Normal obstacle doesn't spawn if you have 45 or more total obstacle.
    2. I don't even have this year's Halloween Obstacle spawning on one of my mini.
    3. I have obstacle from when I didn't even was active for some reason.

So no your account is not hacked.

Thanks TP for the avatar and Legend for the signature.
    https://i.ibb.co/jZ4NQ7S/Sig11-3.jp

Adding to the post above, special obstacle might not even spawn at all (personal experience, I doubt my account was hacked just for that). There can be several reasons and for getting account hacked but I don't think spawning of obstacles has to do with it.

From the security aspect, if you are keeping your account details and password that much secured, I am forced to raise suspicion about this so called Authenticator key; could be a way to gain access to accounts and meddle with them but not doing anything highly suspicious to prevent users from doubting their security.
    Last edited by darpan2704coc; October 18th, 2020 at 07:22 AM.

Nobody here on the forums can help out with anything related to the spawning or lack of spawning of obstacles. but it surely isn't a hacker who ONLY removes all the obstacles that spawn on your base. Check the obstacles currently on your base and see if you aren't at the maximum allowed number of obstacles...

Still searching for the hog rider in BB...
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Nobody here on the forums can help out with anything related to the spawning or lack of spawning of obstacles. but it surely isn't a hacker who ONLY removes all the obstacles that spawn on your base. Check the obstacles currently on your base and see if you aren't at the maximum allowed number of obstacles...
    The number of obstacles does not affect the spawning of season obstacles, only trees and bushes. Or has this been changed?

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    There is absolutely nothing in your post to suggest anybody else is accessing your account.

It sounds very much like the normal situation "special" obstacles spawn at a very variable rate. Sometimes you will get 2-3 within the first few days, other times you will get none until very near the ned, or will get 1 then a big gap. That is just the nature of semi-random spawning.

And you will not get any normal obstacles if the total count of all obstacles on your base is more than 45. If you currently have 45 or more total obstacles, then only specials (which include the gem box) can spawn.

I very much doubt that your account is currently compromised.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    There is absolutely nothing in your post to suggest anybody else is accessing your account.

It sounds very much like the normal situation "special" obstacles spawn at a very variable rate. Sometimes you will get 2-3 within the first few days, other times you will get none until very near the ned, or will get 1 then a big gap. That is just the nature of semi-random spawning.

And you will not get any normal obstacles if the total count of all obstacles on your base is more than 45. If you currently have 45 or more total obstacles, then only specials (which include the gem box) can spawn.

I very much doubt that your account is currently compromised.
    I believe I got carried away bc two days ago my wifi was hacked for the 100th time.

I appreciate your response as well.