Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Power potions

Power potions

Ive seen a lot of complaints about power potions on the BB so I figured Id share my experience with them. Ive been working on maxing out my rushed BH9 since I got my 6th builder. Ive started using baby dragons and maxing them out over the past month and I occasionally use power potions since I dont need them on the main base. Ive finally gotten my baby dragons max and the competition is much easier with max troops vs using power potions, in my experience. Using the power potions, I was winning about half of my battles and ranged anywhere from 3400-3600 trophies. Now that my troops are legitimately maxed, Ive won 9 of my last 10, with 6 of those being 3 stars. I see people say power potions are i win buttons or something but it really felt like SC ramps up the MM when you use those potions, compared to actually having max troops. I was just curious to see if i was the only person with this experience

Forum Superstar
    That's an incredibly small sample to be taking that kind of leap.

You're making no allowance for how your opponents are behaving. Your assumption seems to be that they're going all-out for the win. No indication either whether your streak started from a high or low base relative to your high score.

I spent a few hours yesterday, several more today, cycling through my Builder Bases catching up with Season Challenge requirements. In some cases that meant getting 40 or more Double Cannons. I didn't care one way or the other whether I got the BH, the wins came by chance.

I seriously doubt the MM considers potions; I honestly don't see why the Devs would waste time & resources on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    That's an incredibly small sample to be taking that kind of leap.

You're making no allowance for how your opponents are behaving. Your assumption seems to be that they're going all-out for the win. No indication either whether your streak started from a high or low base relative to your high score.

I spent a few hours yesterday, several more today, cycling through my Builder Bases catching up with Season Challenge requirements. In some cases that meant getting 40 or more Double Cannons. I didn't care one way or the other whether I got the BH, the wins came by chance.

I seriously doubt the MM considers potions; I honestly don't see why the Devs would waste time & resources on it.
    thats true but Ive been playing more over the past few days and I’ve had an increase in my average trophy count. I know a lot of people really hated the power potions on the BB so i figured they may have done something to offset the way they are used so they aren’t such an easy way to get a win in battles. Also, I didn’t think about the season challenge. I havent really looked at those since I’m done with them so that could play a factor

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dawsonblack View Post
    thats true but Ive been playing more over the past few days and I’ve had an increase in my average trophy count. I know a lot of people really hated the power potions on the BB so i figured they may have done something to offset the way they are used so they aren’t such an easy way to get a win in battles. Also, I didn’t think about the season challenge. I havent really looked at those since I’m done with them so that could play a factor
    It probably does. There will be a lot of people going into BB just to finish those challenges, without really trying for wins particularly. So those who are playing normally will get more wins.

I really don't think SC would put a lot of effort into making background changes to include things like potions in the matchmaking for BB. There isn't really any good reason for them to do so.

The MM in BB takes only trophies into account at your range. Power potions or not doesn't matter.

So why are you seeing better outcomes now with maxed troops than you did with the power potion? Here's a few possibilities:

1. You're simply better now than you were then
    2. You've been upgrading your defenses alongside your troops, so you have better defense
    3. Small sample size, you were just unlucky in your matchups with the PP

When you use the PP in a ladder system (assuming your troops aren't max), you'll naturally rise a bit higher in cups, above where you would normally be. How far up depends on how many upgrade levels the PP is accounting for, as well as how far above or below your "natural level" is (the point where you tend to win 50% of your matches).

If you are BH9 and have level 1 troops and use a PP, it is pretty much an "I win" button assuming you're starting from your natural level without the PP (Of course, what comes up, must later come down). But, if say, you're BH9 you use drop ship, and your troops were level 16, and you had a lucky streak that put you a little above your natural level before using PP, you might not see much difference in win/loss ratio,.
    Last edited by Rizzob; October 19th, 2020 at 04:40 PM.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images