Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan chat asterisks problem

Fresh Spawn

Clan chat asterisks problem

Hello Sir. i want you to fix a bug. in my clan whenever me and my friends sends a message its converted into asterisk(*). i don't know why this is happening. please help us. my filter clan chat is off and i am the leader of clan. please help🙏

Welcome to the forum. We are all player like you and the ingame support does not work on forum.
    Have you checked if your clanchat filter is on/off? Set it off.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Naman03 View Post
    Hello Sir. i want you to fix a bug. in my clan whenever me and my friends sends a message its converted into asterisk(*). i don't know why this is happening. please help us. my filter clan chat is off and i am the leader of clan. please help��
    It is not a bug.

It is a new feature from the last update, introduced for legal reasons. If you have any players in your clan who are 16 or under and from the USA, then clan chat filtering is always on regardless of your setting (and is rather over-enthusiastic).

They have this weird idea in eth USA that even though you can drive a car at 16, or even own a rifle in many states, you absolutely cannot possibly be exposed to any bad language.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It is not a bug.

It is a new feature from the last update, introduced for legal reasons. If you have any players in your clan who are 16 or under and from the USA, then clan chat filtering is always on regardless of your setting (and is rather over-enthusiastic).
    Thank you Ajax for sharing the above. I didn't know about it until now, so I shared it with my clan comprised of members living in the UK and US. I tested it by typing an English profanity, and it wasn't censored even after a few minutes. Hallelujah! We'll be able to curse when the situation justifies it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    They have this weird idea in eth USA that even though you can drive a car at 16, or even own a rifle in many states, you absolutely cannot possibly be exposed to any bad language.
    You may think that, but as an American, I cannot possibly comment on gun ownership because it will invite discussion which will lead us down to a political path.

---
    Lynn, Casual Clasher, Casual Farmer, and Casual Boomer
    October 17, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; October 17th, 2020 at 10:58 PM.
    Humbly playing my part to recruit new Clashers.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12707285

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Thank you Ajax for sharing the above. I didn't know about it until now, so I shared it with my clan comprised of members living in the UK and US. I tested it by typing an English profanity, and it wasn't censored even after a few minutes. Hallelujah! We'll b able to curse when the situation justifies it.

You may think that, but as an American, I cannot possibly comment on gun ownership because it will invite discussion which will lead us down to a political path.

---
    October 17, 2020
    God bless America. Land of the ****, home of the *****.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    It wasn't meant to be about the merits of gun ownership.

Just about the fact that 16 year olds are allowed to do things which require a great deal of responsibility, but they can['t possibly be exposed to a bit of swearing.

Centennial Club
    Hello, what Ajax said makes sense. Two days ago 13 yo American joined and we started having same or similar problem. However our chat is being filtered on random words not just bad words. We cannot write a signle in game name. For example we have "oktalv" "handson" "IceTong" in clan and it filters that as well. Also bunch of other random words like "own" "you're" "discord". Are you sure it is not a bug??
    The way we are fixing names is writing @ before them.
    @oktalv @handson dont get censored for some reason.
    Still it is too annoying.
    Any help?

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by oktalv View Post
    ...The way we are fixing names is writing @ before them.
    @oktalv @handson dont get censored for some reason.
    Still it is too annoying.
    Any help?
    Thank you for sharing the workaround for Clashers to bypass the overzealous filter who is teaching us curse words from other cultures. I'm ROTFLOL.

I've shared it with my clan.

---
    October 18, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; October 18th, 2020 at 09:46 PM.
    Humbly playing my part to recruit new Clashers.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12707285

Centennial Club
    Update:
    We kicked our 13 yo member for one minute, chat worked perfectly. Invited him back, broken again.
    Ajax was right, not a bug, just a terrible filter

Quote Originally Posted by oktalv View Post
    Update:
    We kicked our 13 yo member for one minute, chat worked perfectly. Invited him back, broken again.
    Ajax was right, not a bug, just a terrible filter

I'd say it's rather like an overprotective parent or a paranoid one, because it does have good intentions. The execution is the problem.
    Last edited by LemonCream099; October 18th, 2020 at 11:05 PM.