Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Super witches too op?

Definitely needs nerf as the 1% rolled an even smaller %.
    Jeez. Sup witches are OP today...
    Wonder when people will call for healers and queens to be hit with the nerf hammer so they don't wipe nearly half a base out... Oh right everyone loves that so it's fine and been common place for yonks so no complaints there.
    See how that works... Let the witches win and you benefit too.

In total there were 17 super witch attacks in the 5th qualifier, 9 of them tripled. Other strategies had better hitrates. With Hybrid still on top. Basically everything seems overpowered now.

Out of 130 attacks during the qualifier 68 attacks were 3 stars which is 52% (Credit to https://twitter.com/ClashChris_OG/st...89502367653889 )
    That's a really high hit rate considering that:
    -Most bases were maxed (The participants got 10k gems gifted by supercell before the event)
    -The bases were built by arguably the best base builders in the world and have been tested for weeks
    -The players have effectively 20 minutes of planning time
    -The players are probably very nervous when so much is on the line

As a basebuilder I hate the current balance of the game. With the defensive tools we have, we can barely defend 1-2 main strategies consistently and then there are many more entries you have to consider. Spending a lot of time in building and testing only to get it fresh tripled in a competitive match is very frustrating. I helped with the basebuilding for one of the teams in the qualifier, so I know what I'm talking about.

Even as a player (on offense) I begin to disklike it, because no longer are creative attacks the ones that perform the best. But rather more simple ones, that are less prone to mistakes. A semi good plan with solid execution will usually triple, so there is no need to go for better plans that are more difficult to execute.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    In total there were 17 super witch attacks in the 5th qualifier, 9 of them tripled. Other strategies had better hitrates. With Hybrid still on top. Basically everything seems overpowered now.

Out of 130 attacks during the qualifier 68 attacks were 3 stars which is 52% (Credit to https://twitter.com/ClashChris_OG/st...89502367653889 )
    That's a really high hit rate considering that:
    -Most bases were maxed (The participants got 10k gems gifted by supercell before the event)
    -The bases were built by arguably the best base builders in the world and have been tested for weeks
    -The players have effectively 20 minutes of planning time
    -The players are probably very nervous when so much is on the line

As a basebuilder I hate the current balance of the game. With the defensive tools we have, we can barely defend 1-2 main strategies consistently and then there are many more entries you have to consider. Spending a lot of time in building and testing only to get it fresh tripled in a competitive match is very frustrating. I helped with the basebuilding for one of the teams in the qualifier, so I know what I'm talking about.

Even as a player (on offense) I begin to disklike it, because no longer are creative attacks the ones that perform the best. But rather more simple ones, that are less prone to mistakes. A semi good plan with solid execution will usually triple, so there is no need to go for better plans that are more difficult to execute.
    You are showing us the stats of players who constitute not even 1% of the total.

Quote Originally Posted by ESCANOR0803 View Post
    You are showing us the stats of players who constitute not even 1% of the total.
    So what? Those stats are the best we have to show a change in 3 star rates following the october update.

So what? Those stats are the best we have to show a change in 3 star rates following the october update.
    So, the best of the best have just over 50% success rate. These are people who can 3 star with a few gobs and a queen charge if you believe their youtube channels. I could not care less what the .1% do. Down off of Olympus, the update has just nudged the rate up a small amount. Thats with many of us instant completing camps and labs.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

A semi good plan with solid execution will usually triple, so there is no need to go for better plans that are more difficult to execute.
    The most elite tiny fraction of a percent of players were able to get over 50%, so I think it’s clear the vast majority of players can’t usually get a triple.

His point is valid because most players can’t do what they did. Even the Champ1 CWL rate is still an example of the very good players, but at least it’s a little more realistic and we have a nice history of monthly rates to look at, so I like that one much better. It will be interesting to see what the % is next season and then the season after that when defense catches up.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    So, the best of the best have just over 50% success rate. These are people who can 3 star with a few gobs and a queen charge if you believe their youtube channels.
    Well, anyone can do that if you try 100 times in Fcs.

In the qualifier however you only have one try and effectively 20 minutes to plan. And you don't just have the best attackers in the world, but also the best bases. Considering that, more than 50% 3 star rate is a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I could not care less what the .1% do.
    In the forums you often get the impression it's the top 0.1% vs everyone else in terms of game balance. As if the 99.9% all have the same idea of how the game should be balanced. Most of the players probably don't even worry too much about game balance. And those that do often have completely different views of what is ideal for the game.

Among the competitive players there is usually more of a consensus in terms of balance. They are also the ones who define the offensive meta and build the bases many players copy, so in some way you are effected by what they do. If you care about them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The most elite tiny fraction of a percent of players were able to get over 50%, so I think it’s clear the vast majority of players can’t usually get a triple.
    A semi good plan with solid execution will also usually triple for anyone else. The catch is the solid execution, as the average player is probably doing more mistakes than those players in the qualifier and doesn't adapt as quickly.

And you don't just have the best attackers in the world, but also the best bases.
    I find those designs very easy to copy, but those attacks on the other hand....
    A semi good plan with solid execution will also usually triple for anyone else. The catch is the solid execution, as the average player is probably doing more mistakes than those players in the qualifier and doesn't adapt as quickly.
    Well then that’s not really saying much. What you meant then is the most elite players can usually 3 star with the new offense.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #30
    So those stats are almost entirely irrelevant to the balance of the game.

Those players are way better than almost any of those who are in the top 0.1% of players. They play at another level entirely.

And in your OP you said "A semi good plan with solid execution will usually triple" which is not even remotely close to true in the game in general. Even at that level, since only 52% were triple, and most would have been MUCH more than "semi good" plans, it doesn't look to be true.