Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Offence is broken?

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy1 View Post
    That's not what he/she is saying at all. What he/she is saying is anyone can 3* a base currently.
    That isn't what he said. Why do you think it is what he meant?

Note - he has shown this elitist attitude before, so it isn't much surprise he is saying this.

So you playing for 6 years, doing FC after FC, watching video and trying to learn new strategy. You're trying to get better and learn a better attack try to learn how to built a good base. You're ok with your new base that you took time to build getting destroyed by someone who does no FC and couldn't care less about trying to learn or get better at the game?
    I haven't seen much sign of that happening, though I am sure it does occasionally.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    That isn't what he said. Why do you think it is what he meant?

Note - he has shown this elitist attitude before, so it isn't much surprise he is saying this.

I haven't seen much sign of that happening, though I am sure it does occasionally.
    I don't know anyone's past on the forums so he/she might have meant it as an elitist. I took it as anyone can 3* with little to no skill but again I could be wrong

I'm not saying I've had it happen I'm just giving a hypothetical situation
    Last edited by Filthy1; October 19th, 2020 at 08:47 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #153
    I don't know anyone's past on the forums so he/she might have meant it as an elitist. I took it as anyone can 3* with little to no skill but again I could be wrong
    Not just can, but can easily. Big difference.

His words were
    If a player has very little sense of attacking, he can easily triple right now
    That means that even people with very little sense of attacking (according to him) will be getting quite a lot of triples. For it to be "easily", I would expect 50%+. And even the very best are only just about getting that.

And fair enough, you don't know his history. But he has made a number of posts in the past showing he thinks anybody who can't do what the elite (and by implication himself) do is (at best) not very good.

That's not what he/she is saying at all. What he/she is saying is anyone can 3* a base currently.

So you playing for 6 years, doing FC after FC, watching video and trying to learn new strategy. You're trying to get better and learn a better attack try to learn how to built a good base. You're ok with your new base that you took time to build getting destroyed by someone who does no FC and couldn't care less about trying to learn or get better at the game?
    The day that they made "copy a base" part of the game was the moment the game changed fundamentally for everyone. The problem is that now good bases are had by virtually anyone who wants one within a moments notice. That changed the difficulty level for attacking bases exponentially for most players.

This has forced a change to make offense stronger so that casual players can continue to have success. In earlier days it was possible to three the vast amount of bad bases that were out there and designing good bases set you apart. Now that window has narrowed dramatically. The net result is that unfortunately due to this, SC has to decide between making attacking success achievable for the casual player base or making it extremely difficult to appease the "pro players". Frankly I stopped caring about my base being three starred the moment it became apparent that it took no effort to have a top base. So I don't feel bad for people at all that spend hours building a good base only to have it destroyed moments later. Base building became irrelevant with the update that SC had where they said that base building is not an important aspect of the game anymore.

Just as aside, that in itself greatly reduced my enjoyment of the game as I was a base builder myself, but now I don't even bother and I look at those who do as being foolish to think that 3 stars shouldn't happen.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    The day that they made "copy a base" part of the game was the moment the game changed fundamentally for everyone. The problem is that now good bases are had by virtually anyone who wants one within a moments notice. That changed the difficulty level for attacking bases exponentially for most players.

This has forced a change to make offense stronger so that casual players can continue to have success. In earlier days it was possible to three the vast amount of bad bases that were out there and designing good bases set you apart. Now that window has narrowed dramatically. The net result is that unfortunately due to this, SC has to decide between making attacking success achievable for the casual player base or making it extremely difficult to appease the "pro players". Frankly I stopped caring about my base being three starred the moment it became apparent that it took no effort to have a top base. So I don't feel bad for people at all that spend hours building a good base only to have it destroyed moments later. Base building became irrelevant with the update that SC had where they said that base building is not an important aspect of the game anymore.

Just as aside, that in itself greatly reduced my enjoyment of the game as I was a base builder myself, but now I don't even bother and I look at those who do as being foolish to think that 3 stars shouldn't happen.
    This is a good point and on a related note, I would add that the feature also made some people care less about their defenses. I'm not going to spend a great deal of time designing and testing and redesigning a base when I can simply one-click copy a design made by professional base builders. There are so many of them and available so often, one doesn't have to get into the problem of the past of having an "internet base" that all the good players know how to 3 star either. As soon as a base has a bunch of 3 star videos on it, it is easy to swap it out for another professionally designed base.

On another note, I've seen a few people in this thread or others comment on how the players in the world qualifiers have "only" 20 minutes to plan for an attack. Assuming that is true (I don't know that it is or is not), just how many minutes do you think the average player spends planning an attack usually? (hint, I'm confident it isn't 20 minutes)

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Interesting post Sumo.. Wise words.
    It puts more into perspective the impact SCs actions have on the game.. Attacking for the majority of players in war got a darn sight harder that day.

And I fully agree.. Am new to the big boy scene, so read with interest what is happening amongst my peers..
    I havent tripled what I would call a decent base in war yet, so I guess I'm one of those that should go find another game to play.

But putting the "copy feature" and "offense is broken" into perspective is this update from yesteryear https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...rs-Matchmaking

That is still the update that came closest to killing the game..
    This one simply made the game more approachable for casual and catch up players..
    Once my camps hit 300 space, maybe I can rub shoulders with the bigger boys too.
    Perspective forms opinions, and diversity should be welcomed.

Offense isn't broken. TH13s with maxed D(prior to the update) are still difficult to triple. The extra troop space and the new supertroops didn't break the game.

I maxed out my camps, Pekka, and wizards right after the update dropped. It didn't change much for me. I use hybrid more than anything else, and I'm still only tripling 2-3 bases a day in Legends.

However, I have tripled 3 of the 4 bases I've attacked in war. The 3 bases I tripled were all zapped before I deployed my army. The 4th base wrecked my QW with a Lavahound & InfernoDrag cc, and the entry I chose was bait.

I used the new Edrag in a war hit earlier today, and it felt surprisingly easy. But...the base design was begging for Edloon, I zapped out a scatter, eagle, & xbow, and I knew what was in the cc.

All in all...it's too early to call...but I think it's safe to say...

Offense isn't broken!

Forum Elder

This is probably one of the best and most accurate and rational posts I have seen in a long time. I was one of the oneís saying this was a bad idea way back when SC made this change and sadly my concerns were borne out. Not much we can do about it now, the horse is out of the barn but what we can do is be aware that changes that may seem simple or beneficial at the outset can have ripples that affect us all for a long time. not everyone who suggests that an idea is not well thought out or that the idea may damage the game are doing so as some sort of troll, they do it because they care about this game and only want what is best.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

I hate comments that talk about how some strategies are "no skill". Certain troop compositions are just made that way. How do you make a witch spam strategy more skilled? Just because lalo requires more skill doesn't mean that it should be the only viable 3 star strategy. There's meta but there should also be an opportunity for me to 3 star with any troop composition given that they work well together and its against a base that the composition is strong against.

People keep complaining about how zap drags or witch spam is broken yet even with these broken strategies and hours and hours of practicing, I still can't get 3 star all the time. I only achieve 3 star when the base is poorly designed. Then is it really no skill strat or is it just a really strong strat against poor base design?

Just watch one of Eric from onehive's recent videos of a th11 attack. His clanmate was on discord talking about how no skill zap mass witch is on th 11 and he's in tournaments so he's clearly a skilled player. Literally the next attack he did with this same no skill strat, he proceeds to fail the 3 star. So is it really no skill?

Millennial Club
    Someone plz tell me how the offense is broken
    Current day log

Previous day

The ongoing teslas upgrade arent even maxed prior update they will be upgraded 1 more lvl once they are done
    And heres my other acc which was max prior update except walls

Previous day

Idk how offense is broken
    Show your log and we might talk
    My log prior update

Plz dont tell me i start attacking trash lately im at same lvl might have even improved a bit since the removal of super troop cooldow
    After all this i can say the offense is not broken atleast not for me its on same state as it was prior update and i dont have anything to say after all this
    Last edited by RH69; October 20th, 2020 at 02:54 AM.