Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Offence is broken?

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    8 times a month is 3% of attacks. 80 times a month would be 30%, and would equate to 3 per day for the whole month.

That is a pretty big increase, though I have to say it surprises me if it were as low as you suggest before the update. Are you genuinley saying that at 5500-5600 trophies, you could only get 3% triples - and you want it to be that hard?

Your own numbers prove otherwise. If that sort of attack had a 50/50 chance, then you would be getting hit for three 5-6 times a day, not 2-3. And we would be seeing 2-3/day in low legends.

Oh, and I think Itzu's idea of a "Major mistake" is probably rather different form what normal payers think of as a mistake. He is undoubtedly one of the top 100 players in the world.
    I'm saying my base was tripled at most 10 times a month now it's being tripled 2 or 3 times a day and had a couple days being tripled 4 times. I was winning 10-12 defenses a season now I'm at 2 defenses.

A mistake is a mistake it doesn't matter if you're Itzu or John Doe what he is saying is you shouldn't be able to triple a base when you make a big mistake.

Yeah it should take planning and strategy to get a 3. A well places trap should be able to derail an attack. Imo a 3 should be earned and shouldn't be handed out but that's just me
    Last edited by Filthy1; October 19th, 2020 at 02:56 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy1 View Post
    You're right there are a lot of decent attackers at 5500 I'm not arguing that. What I'm saying is when you go from giving up 200 on d on average to giving up 250ish on average there is something wrong.
    I'm not sure that I really agree there is something wrong there. Yes it is a big increase, but that will fall back again as defences catch up. 250, if you have 3 triples, means the other 5 are getting 130, so averaging 26. Which is high 2*, true.

And SC are not going to rebalance anything until then, so if you think waiting a few weeks for it to happen naturally isn't good enough, I'm afraid you are going to be out of luck. They have only made quick adjustments when one trop has been very obviously out of whack to a much greater extent than there may be here.

Before the update you could have a base to decently defend against 3* and it took a great attack to 3* you. Now you can't do anything to stop an attack gone horribly wrong from getting 80%+ 2*.
    IME, the rate of high 2* has increased by more than the rate of triples. And yes, before the update, a score of 160-165 would usually gain you a bit at my sort of level, whereas now you usually need more like 180-190 for a similar gain. I expect by this time next month it will be more like 170-175 needed.

I've never watched any of the world qualifier stuff until just this week to see how they were making out but I'd be willing to guess the number of 3* before the update were nothing close to what they are now but I could be wrong. These are supposed to be the best of the best and a lot of their bases were getting 3* with little to no issue
    I've watched a few, but not all that many. There were definitely more triples this time than there have been previously, but not all that many more. There have been occasional perfect wars from one side previously, this time there were several. Previously, I think I was seeing about 25-30% triples, this time it was around 40% or a bit more.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the finals now though, when the base designers have had time to try different things against the new strategies.

Forum Superstar
    I'm saying my base was tripled at most 10 times a month now it's being tripled 2 or 3 times a day and had a couple days being tripled 4 times. I was winning 10-12 defenses a season now I'm at 2 defenses.

A mistake is a mistake it doesn't matter if your itzu or John Doe what he is saying is you shouldn't be able to triple a base when you make a big mistake.

Yeah it should take planning and strategy to get a 3. A well places trap should be able to derail an attack. Imo a 3 should be earned and shouldn't be handed out but that's just me
    I'm done.

You haven't taken anything on board at all. The game is fluid & in a transient phase, the world ending issues you see at the moment will be history in a few weeks. Adapt.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #134
    So what you're saying is people should be able to 3* without having a plan and even if they mess up the attack?
    No, I'm not saying that at all.

I have no idea what makes you think I might be suggesting that.

I was saying that what Itzu calls a "major" mistake is probably one that most of us would think very minor. But no, if you do make major mistakes, you certainly shouldn't be getting many triples.

Again I'm not doing the math but when you go from giving up let's say 10 3* a month to giving up 2 or 3 3* a day with even a few 4 3* days that is a huge jump and there is no base you can have to defend it just look at the world qualifier
    10 now? It was 8 ("to be generous") last time

10 is getting up to 4% - which is still much too low IMO for decent attackers.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    I'm done.

You haven't taken anything on board at all. The game is fluid & in a transient phase, the world ending issues you see at the moment will be history in a few weeks. Adapt.
    World ending issue? Hahaha sorry bub but a mobile game isnt a world issue to me. It is what it is I'm giving feedback just like everyone else

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    No, I'm not saying that at all.

I have no idea what makes you think I might be suggesting that.

I was saying that what Itzu calls a "major" mistake is probably one that most of us would think very minor. But no, if you do make major mistakes, you certainly shouldn't be getting many triples.

10 now? It was 8 ("to be generous") last time

10 is getting up to 4% - which is still much too low IMO for decent attackers.
    8 or 10 is not the point the point is you shouldn't be going from giving up a 3 once every 2 or 3 days to getting 3ed 2 or 3 times a day. I can't do anything to stop it from happening but let's see what happens down the road

Centennial Club

A mistake is a mistake it doesn't matter if you're Itzu or John Doe what he is saying is you shouldn't be able to triple a base when you make a big mistake.

When prople are being trippled more, this also means that people are making more triples. This means that YOU also are getting more triples.
    What I can't understand is why making 2 triples per day and getting 2 triples in defense is ok and the game is not broken,
    But when you are making 3-4 and getting 3-4 makes you feel bad and the game is broken.
    What makes you feel that way.
    Lets say there are 3 kind of players
    -very strong-you know , clash all day...
    -casual- some training , watching some videos, some planing
    -very weak- they never train , they attack in war with what they farm.

If the 3* ratio of very strong is 20%, casual 10% and noobs 5%
    After 20 attacks the very strong will have 4 3 stars, , the casual will have 2 3stars , and the very weak will have 1 3 star attack.
    So the difference between the casual and the noob will be 1 star after 20 attacks.This makes them almost equal.
    After 20 attacks the strong will have just 2 triples more than the average which is not so big difference .

Now with that change if the trople ratio is double
    This means that the strong player will have 8 triples every 20 attacks,the casual will have 4 and the weak will have 2.
    As you can see the gap between the players is increasing which is good for all of them.The strong players are happy that they are no longer so close to the casual, the casual players are happy because they finally can perform better than the weak.The weak dont care so much about their ratio but they also will be happy because they get sometimes a triple.

Somehow everybody will be happy ...except you...

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RH69 View Post
    320??seriously is he th11 or below trying to hang in legends if yes tell him to drop out
    Or if hes 13 and using FWA base layout
    Or is he that rushed
    I have 3 acc hovering in legends never ever lost more than 220 a day and thats the max i lose even at 5.6k
    I talk about 13
    Last edited by IamMayur; October 19th, 2020 at 03:36 PM.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G451N View Post
    To be fair to itzu he has been saying this for weeks before they got knocked yesterday. His main beef is that you can make big mistakes and still pull off a 3 star, so the penalty for making an error is not high enough.
    You don't need a pro player saying this to understand that game is way off balance, play the game & u can easily get it that its broken right now

Please do understand that casual players play this game too. The 'competitive' player base is probably just 0.00001% or less, of the total users.

10 times per month triple rate at 'flagship' TH13(which is just 4.1667% triple rate) that you are suggesting doesnt feel very good to me, broken or whatever. There are a lot of posts by casual players saying that attacking has become too difficult/3-starring is impossible/game is too competitive/game is becoming too complex and whatever.