Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Offence is broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy1 View Post
    I'm saying there is no skill needed for getting 3* anymore. I'm not itzu not even close and even he said you can have major mistakes and still 3* and that shouldn't happen. I don't play with the number but you tell me if someone is getting 3*ed let's say 8 times a month in legends just to be generous and now they are getting 3*ed 2 or 3 times a day on average what percentage increase is that?

I'm saying there is no planning or skill needed now for a 3*. I'm exaggerating a little saying you can drop all troops at once and can get 3* but not by much. Look at the zap quake mass witch. Zap and quake both SS then drop all troops and see what % of those are 3*
    If there is no skill needed anymore then I have just as good of a chance as Itzu? I have just as good of a chance to be up around 6500 legends trophies this season and take first as anyone else? It is all just random? I don't think so....

If they are getting 3 starred 2-3 times per day that is a 3 star rate of 25-38%.

Yes, look at zap quake mass witch. I've tried it. Have you? If you are getting 50% with that strategy without even thinking about it, you should be able to get even higher than 50% with some thought and skill, which makes me wonder why you are only getting 2-3 three stars per day in legends. What is your 3 star rate with zap quake witch?

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Forum Elder
    I'm saying there is no skill needed for getting 3* anymore. I'm not itzu not even close and even he said you can have major mistakes and still 3* and that shouldn't happen. I don't play with the number but you tell me if someone is getting 3*ed let's say 8 times a month in legends just to be generous and now they are getting 3*ed 2 or 3 times a day on average what percentage increase is that?

I'm saying there is no planning or skill needed now for a 3*. I'm exaggerating a little saying you can drop all troops at once and can get 3* but not by much. Look at the zap quake mass witch. Zap and quake both SS then drop all troops and see what % of those are 3*
    That tells me that your defence hasnt caught up with offence and your base hasnt been adapted to deal with the new reality.

I am so very tired of everyone quoting Itzu as if he is the source of all things truthful in the game. He is a player, no different than the rest of us except for being very skilled and his opinions are just that, opinions.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    ...Of course the number of triples has increased since the update. It will fall back again, but IMO is in a better place now than it was before, and I sincerely hope it doesn't fall back to where it was.
    Yup.

In the meantime, the temporary troop is possibly as much of an offensive buff as the extra capacity IMO. Until that's out of the way we really can't draw many, if any, conclusions.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #124
    8 times a month is 3% of attacks. 80 times a month would be 30%, and would equate to 3 per day for the whole month.

That is a pretty big increase, though I have to say it surprises me if it were as low as you suggest before the update. Are you genuinley saying that at 5500-5600 trophies, you could only get 3% triples - and you want it to be that hard?

Your own numbers prove otherwise. If that sort of attack had a 50/50 chance, then you would be getting hit for three 5-6 times a day, not 2-3. And we would be seeing 2-3/day in low legends.

Oh, and I think Itzu's idea of a "Major mistake" is probably rather different form what normal payers think of as a mistake. He is undoubtedly one of the top 100 players in the world.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Nobody is suggesting you are making it up. Nor is anybody suggesting the number of 3* has increased since the update.

We were suggesting that your previous claim "Now it's just drop everything and it's a 50/50 shot of a 3 with no planning no skill" was false.

And what you are saying now shows it to have been false. Players at your level hardly ever just "drop everything", and yet you still aren't getting hit for 3 50% of the time.

Of course the number of triples has increased since the update. It will fall back again, but IMO is in a better place now than it was before, and I sincerely hope it doesn't fall back to where it was.
    So what you're saying is people should be able to 3* without having a plan and even if they mess up the attack?

Again I'm not doing the math but when you go from giving up let's say 10 3* a month to giving up 2 or 3 3* a day with even a few 4 3* days that is a huge jump and there is no base you can have to defend it just look at the world qualifier

You're right there are a lot of decent attackers at 5500 I'm not arguing that. What I'm saying is when you go from giving up 200 on d on average to giving up 250ish on average there is something wrong.
    Only if you don't like getting and giving up 3 stars. Personally, I find a higher 3 star rate much more fun. I see all of my attacks, very few of my defenses. I understand of course if the 3 star rate goes up for me, it goes up for those attacking me too, yet it still is more fun for me. When it comes to CWL, my clan agrees with that thought as well. The most fun we have had at CWL was when th13 was just dropped and offensive upgrades were way ahead of defensive upgrades. The enemy got more 3 stars, we got more 3 stars, it was more fun. If you prefer the 2 star % battle there is nothing wrong with that, it just isn't what everyone prefers so I don't think you can say there is "something wrong" when the 3 star rate goes up. Why would it not go up when we just got an offensive boost?

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    That tells me that your defence hasnt caught up with offence and your base hasnt been adapted to deal with the new reality.

I am so very tired of everyone quoting Itzu as if he is the source of all things truthful in the game. He is a player, no different than the rest of us except for being very skilled and his opinions are just that, opinions.
    My defense hasn't caught up? I am max on d and have about 40 walls left to do. My base hasn't adapted? Did you watch the world qualifier? A lot of the bases were getting rick rolled and these are supposed to be the best of the best building the bases.

I don't like the guy nor do I idolize him but when you have one of the best players saying something is wrong then something is probably wrong

I don't like the guy nor do I idolize him but when you have one of the best players saying something is wrong then something is probably wrong
    For him and players like him. I'm not a player like him.

Forum Elder
    The best of the best had a couple days at most to build these fantastical anti 3 star bases with almost no time to test them.

I am not trying to throw shade at any content creator but IMO their motives for saying and doing things has to be a bit self serving. They live in an entirely different universe than the 99.9% that dont live on Mount Olympus and their world view is a tad stilted. These are yhe same folks that have claimed every updatehas broken the game and that each new meta is OP.
    Last edited by Tosti111; October 19th, 2020 at 02:50 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Forum Superstar
    ...but when you have one of the best players saying something is wrong then something is probably wrong
    As per Tosti, Itzu is entitled to his opinion. However, projecting his opinion over the entire player base is not a good idea. Without mass participation this game has a short & bleak future. Itzu may have an issue (I neither know nor care), but if the game is tailored to players of his standard there would probably be a mass exodus of casual paying players; bye-bye Clash.
    Last edited by Kaledonian; October 19th, 2020 at 02:52 PM.