Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Offence is broken?

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    This is so false I can't believe you even think it is close to true so I suspect you are trolling us.
    He must be playing some other game.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    I've had a number of keyboard jousts with Ajax over the past few years; let me assure you, his opinions are very much his own.

As soon as the update dropped I prioritised camps, I can't imagine that many maxed players didn't. BoB > HoB > HoB, then a bit of loot management > RoE > BoE & boom, an instant 7% bump in troop capacity. Of course that's going to impact the game in the short-term, I don't see how you would expect it to be any different. In a matter of weeks, or a couple of months, there'll be 13 upgraded defences to face & the 3* rate will drop off significantly.

Seriously, what alternative would you suggest? Allow only one camp at a time to be upgraded, spread over 4 updates? Nerf every troop to compensate for the extra capacity?

You can't possibly make the kind of assertions you're making after a week; the process hasn't played out yet. By next CWL we'll begin to see max v max again, more so by December's. That'll be the time to assess, not now.
    We are talking about now not a couple months down the road. O is way overpowered right now I don't care what is going to happen in the future. Tell Tribal Gaming the game might be balanced out down the road see what they say.

What would I suggest? If they are going to give O 20 troop spaces maybe give an upgrade to a better d like SS or EA because archer towers and teslas don't do anything to deter an attack.

I was just attacked in war and a clan mate asked how did he get 90% with that attack. My clan mate was correct because the attack was terrible and still almost 3 me. I consistently defended 10-12 attacks a month before the update and had my base maybe 3ed 5 or 6 times all month and they were because of perfect attacks. I sit at 2 defenses currently and I get 3ed 2 or 3 times a day. That's all fine though because it might be fixed in a couple months.

New Bloke/Chick
    This is so false I can't believe you even think it is close to true so I suspect you are trolling us.
    Yeah it's not true there is no change in the amount of 3* since the update

I'm getting 3* 2 or 3 times a day in legends at 5400-5500 and even had a few days of 4 3*. I used to get a bunch of 1* on d and since the update I remember getting 1* once. Why would I make up such nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy1 View Post

I'm getting 3* 2 or 3 times a day in legends at 5400-5500 and even had a few days of 4 3*. I used to get a bunch of 1* on d and since the update I remember getting 1* once. Why would I make up such nonsense?
    You said it is a 50% 3 star rate if you just drop all the troops with no planning or skill. THAT is what you said that I disagreed with.

You didn't simply say the 3 star rate changed after the update. Of course it did, we got more offense and the defense we got, even if it is enough to make up for the offense, isn't caught up yet. I hope once all the archer towers, teslas and walls (yes, they make a big time difference) are done it ISN'T enough to make up for the offense as I thought offense needed a bit of a boost before the update.

In any event, now you're attempting to change what you said. So, which is it? Are you simply saying offense got a boost or are you trying to claim there is a 50% 3 star rate with no skill or planning at all?
    Last edited by 2222; October 19th, 2020 at 02:19 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #115
    <snip>
    I consistently defended 10-12 attacks a month before the update and had my base maybe 3ed 5 or 6 times all month and they were because of perfect attacks. I sit at 2 defenses currently and I get 3ed 2 or 3 times a day. That's all fine though because it might be fixed in a couple months.
    Actually, at the sort of level you are talking about (5500+), my personal opinion is that it fine regardless of any future changes that might happen.

At that sort of level, most attackers are reasonably good (which is why I can't get there), and I would hope they can get 25-30% triples. If players at that level are only getting 5-6 per month from around 240 attacks, that is about 2.5%, and means the balance is way to far in favour of defence IMO.

Even at my level (5200 - 5300), we should expect to be able to triple more like 10% than 2.5. But even this soon after the update, it is only just about reaching that.

New Bloke/Chick
    You said it is a 50% 3 star rate if you just drop all the troops with no planning or skill. THAT is what you said that I disagreed with.

You didn't simply say the 3 star rate changed after the update. Of course it did, we got more offense and the defense we got, even if it is enough to make up for the offense, isn't caught up yet. I hope once all the archer towers, teslas and walls (yes, they make a big time difference) are done it ISN'T enough to make up for the offense as I thought offense needed a bit of a boost before the update.

In any event, now you're attempting to change what you said. So, which is it? Are you simply saying offense got a boost or are you trying to claim there is a 50% 3 star rate with no skill or planning at all?
    I'm saying there is no skill needed for getting 3* anymore. I'm not itzu not even close and even he said you can have major mistakes and still 3* and that shouldn't happen. I don't play with the number but you tell me if someone is getting 3*ed let's say 8 times a month in legends just to be generous and now they are getting 3*ed 2 or 3 times a day on average what percentage increase is that?

I'm saying there is no planning or skill needed now for a 3*. I'm exaggerating a little saying you can drop all troops at once and can get 3* but not by much. Look at the zap quake mass witch. Zap and quake both SS then drop all troops and see what % of those are 3*

His claim was a pretty filthy thing to say ...
    Last edited by PapaBear38; October 19th, 2020 at 02:29 PM.
    OP attack: One that the poster doesn't like, wrecks their base and some YouTuber says it broke Clash

-Piper139

Forum Superstar
    We are talking about now not a couple months down the road. O is way overpowered right now I don't care what is going to happen in the future. Tell Tribal Gaming the game might be balanced out down the road see what they say.

What would I suggest? If they are going to give O 20 troop spaces maybe give an upgrade to a better d like SS or EA because archer towers and teslas don't do anything to deter an attack.

I was just attacked in war and a clan mate asked how did he get 90% with that attack. My clan mate was correct because the attack was terrible and still almost 3 me. I consistently defended 10-12 attacks a month before the update and had my base maybe 3ed 5 or 6 times all month and they were because of perfect attacks. I sit at 2 defenses currently and I get 3ed 2 or 3 times a day. That's all fine though because it might be fixed in a couple months.
    Even if they had offered an upgrade to one of the heaviest defences, you'd still be looking at a short-term offensive buff. Personally, I'd still have prioritised the 4th camp over any defence & waited until the Hammer cooldown elapsed.

I still can't see what your issue is. Each and every update cannot be properly assessed within a week, it has to play out first.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #119

Nobody is suggesting you are making it up. Nor is anybody suggesting the number of 3* has increased since the update.

We were suggesting that your previous claim "Now it's just drop everything and it's a 50/50 shot of a 3 with no planning no skill" was false.

And what you are saying now shows it to have been false. Players at your level hardly ever just "drop everything", and yet you still aren't getting hit for 3 50% of the time.

Of course the number of triples has increased since the update. It will fall back again, but IMO is in a better place now than it was before, and I sincerely hope it doesn't fall back to where it was.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Actually, at the sort of level you are talking about (5500+), my personal opinion is that it fine regardless of any future changes that might happen.

At that sort of level, most attackers are reasonably good (which is why I can't get there), and I would hope they can get 25-30% triples. If players at that level are only getting 5-6 per month from around 240 attacks, that is about 2.5%, and means the balance is way to far in favour of defence IMO.

Even at my level (5200 - 5300), we should expect to be able to triple more like 10% than 2.5. But even this soon after the update, it is only just about reaching that.
    You're right there are a lot of decent attackers at 5500 I'm not arguing that. What I'm saying is when you go from giving up 200 on d on average to giving up 250ish on average there is something wrong.

Before the update you could have a base to decently defend against 3* and it took a great attack to 3* you. Now you can't do anything to stop an attack gone horribly wrong from getting 80%+ 2*.

I've never watched any of the world qualifier stuff until just this week to see how they were making out but I'd be willing to guess the number of 3* before the update were nothing close to what they are now but I could be wrong. These are supposed to be the best of the best and a lot of their bases were getting 3* with little to no issue