Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Offence is broken?

Every time I hear this it makes me laugh.

I am a average player in legend league who untill last week was max th13.

I very seldomly get three stars and similarly don't get attacked for three stars frequently. ITZU thinks it's easy to three star and yes it is for him but not for most of non- pro players.

I think people who are above 6500 in legend can say that offence is OP, everyone else practice. 😁😁

Signature thanks to TerMinus Prime, ask for yours
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...Minus-Prime-TP

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Getting more than before the update doe NOT mean it is broken, it means it has been fixed. It was previously broken, in that it just didn't work for anybody except the eilite.

Do you think they should be doing something else then?

If they don't cater to the majority of their player base, then the game will die.
    Of course you're a mod so you have to take the company approach. Before the update you actually had to plan an attack to try and get a 3. 3 shouldn't be a common occurrence especially at end game. Now it's just drop everything and it's a 50/50 shot of a 3 with no planning no skill. Kind of like giving everyone a participation trophy for attacking here is your 3* good job dropping all 300 troops on the battleground

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy1 View Post
    Now it's just drop everything and it's a 50/50 shot of a 3 with no planning no skill.
    Seriously? It seems like we are playing different game than🤣🤣🤣.

Out of curiosity, share some of your drop it all ( in our clan we call this "All In") and get three stars attacks on th13 ( near max).

Quote Originally Posted by arijitkoner98 View Post
    Don't agree with you at all. You just want only certain troops to be usable in the game and rest troops unusable. Besides, the names you mentioned must be bitter at not qualifying the world championships yet and hence making such comments. If witches and spammy attacks were so good, why don't they qualify for the world championship using spam attacks. And I have seen multiple witch attacks fail in competitive leagues too. So they are not sure to succeed at all.
    To be fair to itzu he has been saying this for weeks before they got knocked yesterday. His main beef is that you can make big mistakes and still pull off a 3 star, so the penalty for making an error is not high enough.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #105
    Of course you're a mod so you have to take the company approach.
    That is simply not true. We are under no obligation to support SC, and when we think they are wrong, we will say so - Look back at my posts when they introduced the time tiebreaker for BB for an example of that! I still think that was totally unnecessary.

Before the update you actually had to plan an attack to try and get a 3. 3 shouldn't be a common occurrence especially at end game. Now it's just drop everything and it's a 50/50 shot of a 3 with no planning no skill. Kind of like giving everyone a participation trophy for attacking here is your 3* good job dropping all 300 troops on the battleground
    Sorry, but that is just plain false.

If it were remotely close to true, then my top two bases in Legends would be giving up at least 8 triples a day between them, and I would be getting similar numbers with at least the top two (the third only has one army camp upgraded so far, and heroes are still not much above TH12 as it is pretty new to TH13).

They are getting 1-2 per day between them, and slightly less against - which is more than the 2-3 a week I was getting before, but still nowhere near the numbers there would be if it were as easy as you suggest.

I'm not a particularly good attacker, which is why I rarely finish a legends season above 5300, and nor are most of those around me. But those in that sort of area are still better than average, and numbers of triples are still not that high.

There is no doubt, it is easier right now than it was before the update. There is also little doubt that it will get harder again as defences catch up. Hopefully, it won't get quite as hard as it was before.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by G451N View Post
    To be fair to itzu he has been saying this for weeks before they got knocked yesterday. His main beef is that you can make big mistakes and still pull off a 3 star, so the penalty for making an error is not high enough.
    He's 100% correct too

Of course you're a mod so you have to take the company approach.
    That's not a nice thing to say mate. Mods volunteer their time for this and should be appreciated.

Don't make things personal.

Forum Superstar
    Of course you're a mod so you have to take the company approach...
    I've had a number of keyboard jousts with Ajax over the past few years; let me assure you, his opinions are very much his own.

. .Before the update you actually had to plan an attack to try and get a 3. 3 shouldn't be a common occurrence especially at end game. Now it's just drop everything and it's a 50/50 shot of a 3 with no planning no skill. Kind of like giving everyone a participation trophy for attacking here is your 3* good job dropping all 300 troops on the battleground
    As soon as the update dropped I prioritised camps, I can't imagine that many maxed players didn't. BoB > HoB > HoB, then a bit of loot management > RoE > BoE & boom, an instant 7% bump in troop capacity. Of course that's going to impact the game in the short-term, I don't see how you would expect it to be any different. In a matter of weeks, or a couple of months, there'll be 13 upgraded defences to face & the 3* rate will drop off significantly.

Seriously, what alternative would you suggest? Allow only one camp at a time to be upgraded, spread over 4 updates? Nerf every troop to compensate for the extra capacity?

You can't possibly make the kind of assertions you're making after a week; the process hasn't played out yet. By next CWL we'll begin to see max v max again, more so by December's. That'll be the time to assess, not now.

The game is definitely broken and the "d needs to catch up" excuses is pathetic. A new level of archer towers and hidden teslas don't do a thing. In 5400-5500 legends d is constantly getting hit for 80% 2* and more often than not a 3*. Giving up 250+ on d is a joke and no it has nothing to do with base design because any base out there can be face rolled for an easy high % 2*. Just like every other gaming company SC dumbed the game down to try and get into the pockets of the casual gamer and it couldn't be more obvious
    You're getting 3 starred 5+ times every day in legends at 5400-5000 cups?

As for your last comment, what would be wrong with SC focusing balance on the type of player that represents the vast majority of the player base? Are you suggesting it is wrong for a gaming company to want to please 90% of its players rather than the top 1% and bottom 9%? (Yes, I made those percentages up for the sake of the example.) I don't understand the criticism. Isn't that what SC should do?

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Now it's just drop everything and it's a 50/50 shot of a 3 with no planning no skill.
    This is so false I can't believe you even think it is close to true so I suspect you are trolling us.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.