Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Offence is broken?

Fresh Spawn

Save the Game!

Hey Forums,
    I think the game is in a very bad state at the current time, I also think a lot of other competitive players will agree. The meta has very much lost its balance along all Th levels that Iíve seen recently, which are especially 10-13.
    Not only is tripling too easy (For example, look at the top leagues in Community league CWL: Itís often perfect war Vs perfect war), but the meta is SO UNBALANCED. Iíve never seen it this unbalanced ever in the time Iíve played clash competitively. At Th 10-12 every base can be tripled by zapping 2 multi infernotowes and spamming witches in. It requires 0 skill and causes very high hitrates amongst these townhall levels. Not very fun to watch for players like me, who want to go over bases to find weaknesses and pick complicated, skillful strats to counter these.
    At Th 13 itís becoming meta as well: A lot of people zap both scatters and spam witches in atm. And it works. It shouldnít, because why would you play risky, skillful strats if there is an easy one with high success rates no matter how the base looks?

I miss Th 12 were Sui Lalo (You ĄSuiď your heros at the beginning of the attack and then run over the Rest with Lavahounds and loons) was the best strategy, but also the most difficult. So: what do we Need to make the meta like this again? Iíd start by either nerfing the zap (which would sadly kill a lot of nice strategies like zap Lalo as well) or by nerfing the witch. But the combination of both is way too op.

Maybe youíll have some ideas to this yourself, but Iíd love changes here, since Iíve heard of many competitive players retiring Either from this normally so fantastic game or from mixed breakdowns (Wars where 11s, 12s and 13s are used) Because they think supercell doesnít care about the lower townhalls. But I think a witch nerf would help all of them.

Thanks for reading all this,
    Yours sincerely TheOne66

I don't think the game is in a "very bad state".

From what Understand from what you're saying is that u want a certain meta to be the best, and want your type of gameplay style to be the most used......

Pro Member

Offence is broken?

I am that kinda guy who likes to watch live legends hits of ingame frnds and after the update I am only seeing overpower 3 star attacks & some of the bad hits going to the 95 percentage. Its very rare to see a 2 star attack after the update.
    Offence is very much broken and game is off balance right now.
    I think its very good time for SC to launch a defence or give power to the defence in sake of Game balance.
    Now don't say that Archer towers & Tesla's got a extra level, but you also know that nobody is afraid of Archer tower & tesla.
    Not fun if only one side is powerful between Offence & defence. Game is off balance now.
    What's ur views on it.
    Last edited by IamMayur; October 16th, 2020 at 09:02 AM.

Fresh Spawn
    That is indeed not what I am saying. I am just speaking for a lot of competitive players, who are not satisfied with the state of the current game. The balance between skilled attacking and spamming is not given anymore. Competitive content creators like iTzu have said similar things in the last days and weeks. So you can see that some more known people share this opinion as well.
    I am aware though that casual players might not feel like itís that bad atm, but yeah yet again I reference the competitive content creators as well as the competitive community leagues (look em up on Warmatch for example).

Let's the defense catch up.

Still searching for the hog rider in BB...
    update is 4 days old - of course everything will be out of balance!

Centennial Club
    Same for everyone... makes no difference

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne66 View Post
    That is indeed not what I am saying. I am just speaking for a lot of competitive players, who are not satisfied with the state of the current game. The balance between skilled attacking and spamming is not given anymore. Competitive content creators like iTzu have said similar things in the last days and weeks. So you can see that some more known people share this opinion as well.
    I am aware though that casual players might not feel like itís that bad atm, but yeah yet again I reference the competitive content creators as well as the competitive community leagues (look em up on Warmatch for example).
    Exactly who are these "a lot of competitive players" on whose behalf you speak?
    That's a really bold claim considering there are 10s of thousands of competitive players (possibly more).

Also, you are merely stating your opinion. Skilled attacking vs spam attacking: you mentioned sui lalo, but guess what? That attack has a spam phase. Once you sui your heroes you spam the majority of the rest of your troops.
    Sui lalo is only considered a "skilled attack" b/c of how difficult it is to pull out a triple, but it still is spammy after the sui part.

In fact, most attacks can be classified as spam due to the fact that they require you to drop most/all of your troops at some point in the attack.

Oh, and with witchstrike (the attack you're complaining about), try doing that without creating a funnel.
    Witchstrike: lightning the scatters, create a funnel, send troops in. However, if you set that funnel wrong, you're in for a rough ride.
    Last edited by joemann8478; October 16th, 2020 at 09:17 AM.

Forum Champion
    I have problems with your perfect wars comment. I don’t know what league you are referring to but in Champs, where the competitive players are, there are very few instances of perfect wars outside of cheating. If the overall three star rate has went up, it’s only a few percentage points I’d wager if at all.

To answer the original question without taking into account that you don't seem to be interested in other parts of the update (seeing the rest of your post): No, offense is not broken.