Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Offence is broken?

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by SaYNaNaFoO View Post
    You are right. I have no issue getting a 0 or 1 start when a base fools me and/or I do a bad attack.. Is it frustrating, of course it is. You messed up. I just need to keep telling myself that my views are not of the masses and the game is aimed to please attackers. It helps some.

You are right about me missing the point. I would like to believe that with all of the different attacking styles, base designs, CC troops and upgrade improvements that there is some variety created within legends. I have noticed some variety with Siege machines. Base design will influence my use of which siege machine to use. I have one of each available for each attack, so no matter what the base design, you have the proper siege for it. Just that selection alone can influence the outcome of an attack. I think that is awesome. But the way it is being descried to me is that you are in a lane and just keep driving straight down the highway. Regardless of new content and any other update, you will continue to remain in the same spot in the same lane. I guess I will just need to adjust my viewpoint to the reality of the game.
    You are mostly correct, you will stay in about the same spot in about the same lane Most of the time. When new updates happen, because everyone has access to them, spots and lanes wont change much.

That being said, what really affects your spot and lane is the things that only you can control. If SC puts out a new troop, everyone has access to it (I know, not everyone will have it on the same day, just think of it as if everyone does) so their attacks get better at the same rate your own do. The same applies to new defences.

What you can control however that will make a difference is your attacking skill or the quality of your base design. If you become more skillful, your trophies go up faster because skill is not linear for everyone. As an example I am still poor with hog attacks despite being TH13. Others have become more skilled than I am at a faster rate so I fall behind. If I stop using a base that gets triples all the time and replace it with one that is better designed and only get tripled half the time, I dont lose as many trophies. Working on what you have control over is always the best way to change your lane and your spot.
    Last edited by Tosti111; October 21st, 2020 at 06:51 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

New Bloke/Chick
    If they make offense really easy, what will happen is everyone will actually be lower in cups than usual. In extremis: if it's really really easy everyone will end the season at 5000 getting 320 on offense and 320 on defense every day.

... But the way it is being descried to me is that you are in a lane and just keep driving straight down the highway. Regardless of new content and any other update, you will continue to remain in the same spot in the same lane. I guess I will just need to adjust my viewpoint to the reality of the game.
    That is completely true, if your skill does not improve.

We all have access to the same troops, spells, and heroes (talking about maxed 13). There are 3 things that decide between your and my ranking:

- What bases do we both meet?
    - How skilled are we with our army of choice?
    - How well does our base defend

The first one is pretty moot over about 240 bases in a season: we both will meet hard and easy bases.

Which means you have to work on the other two, provided you want to push higher. Get yourself an awesome base, and improve your skills. New content does change these 2 points, but it changes for us all. Your offensive skills and the quality of your base, is what sets you apart from others.

Base building is as important as ever with the new super troops and camp space. However, the new defense levels do help balance out a little bit, I wouldn't say the game is in a very bad spot nor broken.
    My biggest accomplishment in life is probably finishing 1300 global in September 2020.
    I have a YT that I post on occasionally. There's some cool stuff.
    IGN: BlackJack | Reckoned Rebel | Level 228

I find it strange that the OP only has 4 posts but fails to respond back after 20 pages of discussion was generated. Maybe it was designed to be a troll post to incite flame wars.

I tried the attack that was described and no I did not get 3* or even a high 2*. Once again it proves that you can't replicate a perfectly staged attack by professional players choosing to only show their successes but not their failures. At least when I watch Clash Royale videos you can see failures but most of the ones in COC have been omitted.

Millennial Club
    And people say game is broken just look at my defense log

Im still on the side saying the game is still balanced
    P.S i ruined a perfect legends day on the very first attack
    Last edited by RH69; October 23rd, 2020 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyDawg View Post
    Once again it proves that you can't replicate a perfectly staged attack by professional players choosing to only show their successes but not their failures. At least when I watch Clash Royale videos you can see failures but most of the ones in COC have been omitted.
    How do you convince someone that an attack is effective if youíre showing mostly failures rather than mostly showing successes? This is why most of the clash content you consume is all about the 3 stars. If you want to learn from failed attacks there are numerous YouTubers that show their failed attacks very frequently such as itzu, CarbonFin, Lexnos, Eric (onehive).

Quote Originally Posted by RH69 View Post
    And people say game is broken just look at my defense log

Im still on the side saying the game is still balanced
    P.S i ruined a perfect legends day on the very first attack

What trophy level are you at?

You might be the only one changing lanes... I have been slowly stepping away from my legends account and have been playing my min more. TH9 is pretty fun still compared to th13.

Millennial Club
    What trophy level are you at?

You might be the only one changing lanes... I have been slowly stepping away from my legends account and have been playing my min more. TH9 is pretty fun still compared to th13.
    Currently may be at 5.3k lost count of attacks/def Made for the day may be i have like 4/5left on both sides
    Im no where near elite group to hit perfect legends day at 5.6k
    But hey im good enough at 5.2k(lucky enough to get that log) thats why i said im on the side saying the game is not broken
    Doesnt matter i hit legends from day 1 or last weel of season ill end up around 5.5/6k coz thats my range
    Talking about defense i have made some tweaks and turns to an anti 3 base which makes it nightmare for guys till 5.2k ok till 5.5k and crushed above 5.6k
    Last edited by RH69; October 23rd, 2020 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RH69 View Post
    Currently may be at 5.3k lost count of attacks/def Made for the day may be i have like 4/5left on both sides
    Im no where near elite group to hit perfect legends day at 5.6k
    But hey im good enough at 5.2k(lucky enough to get that log) thats why i said im on the side saying the game is not broken
    Doesnt matter i hit legends from day 1 or last weel of season ill end up around 5.5/6k coz thats my range
    Talking about defense i have made some tweaks and turns to an anti 3 base which makes it nightmare for guys till 5.2k ok till 5.5k and crushed above 5.6k
    Can we stop giving low Legends as example for game balance??? Ppl are really really bad at the game at 5.2K.
    This is literally the defensive log of everyone down there. All it takes is to have half good Internet copied base...