Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Offence is broken?

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    a big reason why the offence is broken is because of things like this........

https://imgur.com/gallery/MeuZOdj
    Why are you hijacking the thread, with an AI post, that has nothing to do with the OP or the subsequent discussion? Did you even read the OP?

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    Why are you hijacking the thread, with an AI post, that has nothing to do with the OP or the subsequent discussion? Did you even read the OP?
    I'm sure he did.

He is just pointing out that offence is actually somewhat broken - in the sense that it doesn't work properly, not in the sense the OP meant, of being too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post

I’m not, and yes I did read it, I’ve been reading it all along, the title of the thread is “offence is broken”, I am pointing out a reason of why that statement is correct, everyone is talking about the ability to 3* at a certain level in the game, Legends specifically. When the focus should be on what it is that makes the 3* obtainable. OP started the thread off with certain comps that have set the game out of kilter and then it got directed to how the balance is set in LL due to the 3* rate.
    Rather than saying I can get to 5400 trophies in Legends and therefore it is easily done, when really maybe all along all you’ve been hitting are those cheesy ring bases, big flippin deal. Trophy levels have little to do with the balance of the game, so you can push with one or two armies that may or may not be unbalanced, and maybe you have a good or just cheesy ring or trap defensive base that lesser people have troubles with, that doesn’t make it that the balancing of the game is either way. For all I know some of the best pro players could be sitting in bronze league.
    You guys can carry on going around in circles based on the fact that Legends league marks how the game should look...... and I’m not saying that it doesn’t play into an indication of the balancing, just saying it isn’t the entire thing.
    I will look for the obvious flaws that I see that show where else the balance is upset, such as AI behaviour, troop or defensive dps stats etc. because I believe those are more in line with the balancing than 3* rates.
    my scenario attached showed the wizard hitting the wall for 30s, if my aq had not gotten over there in time, it was a 2* rather than a 3*, how many times does that happen in a match? think about how that can upset the 3* statistics......

At my level, new th12, I find the balance between offense and defense both encouraging and challenging in good ways.

I can’t speak to max levels, but I know if I am really good, practice hard, and go in with a thoughtful strategy, I can learn to 3* equal bases, sometimes.

in other words, it works for me.

during wars, especially cwl, it does seem like perfect 100% across the board happens often enough for me to think more defense is worth considering. But when giving the 100%—well, we rarely do sadly only once or twice in cwl—I consider it a nice bonus gift to boost morale, not an out-of-balance.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanGeorge75 View Post
    during wars, especially cwl, it does seem like perfect 100% across the board happens often enough for me to think more defense is worth considering.
    This thread is about th13, where what you describe is not happening. The 3 star rate in the very best league is under 30%. I expect it will go over 30% next season with this offensive boost, but nowhere near 100%.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

In my humble opinion,it is not broken. Easier, definitely.

Since the update dropped,we have been seeing more three stars in our all th13 clan. The first two wars saw 19 and 15 3 stars in 30v30 wars. Bad bases with tons of zap quake value.

Next 2 wars were 25v25 with better bases and we got 12 and 10 triples.

We are a champs 2 cwl clan,so not the best or worst.

None of the bases were maxed either so I think as bases upgrade and are set up differently,things will get a little harder in the short term.

Easier, certainty,broken,no.

Forum Veteran
    Since they announced the arrival of new level of tesla and archer tower and the walls i said it here in the related thread that offense is gonna be bronken even if they added a level to the army camp and i was right. 8 archers towers and 5 tesla and 100 additionnal walls is really too much especially that the hitpoint of mainly used troops is still the same

Quote Originally Posted by crazybod View Post
    In my humble opinion,it is not broken. Easier, definitely.

.... Easier, certainty,broken,no.
    This.

And funner, definitely!