Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Christmas Trees

Centennial Club

Christmas Trees

What would the chances be of being able to buy past Christmas Trees, perhaps just back to the first one your account was setup?

I ask, because I started playing about 5 or 6 years ago and only started keeping Christmas trees about 4. It would be awesome if the shop had the Christmas Trees of past so that one could complete their Christmas Tree fixiation

Forum Superstar
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12684649

That's how games (and life) works, sometimes. You miss out on exclusive events, and there's nothing you can do about it. We aren't going to make old or exclusive items that are specific to a year or an event available again. While I understand you may want an item you missed, it would cheapen the accomplishment of those who actually were present to legitimately receive them.

I would pay $20 for the 2012 tree if it was in the shop. So would many others who were playing back then and never got it. The thing is, the 2012 tree didn’t appear on everyone’s bases.

I hope they don't make them available to purchase. This would kill the rarity, value and purpose of the trees.

Now the Xmas Trees and Halloween obstacles are valuable because they are rare; they are valuable because we can show the attackers we play the game for a long time.

If they became available for money, there is no purpose in keeping them in the village anymore. It would be just another obstacle anyone can buy.

Centennial Club
    If you read the original post.. it said buy past obstacles from the year you started. It would only show the ones from the year you started to the present.
    I posted this same kinda thing a while back. Asking for past obstacles to be in shop for gems from the year you started playing to the present day because back when i started playing the obstacles were on the map and couldn't be moved. Bases got bigger and you upgraded townhall you had to remove them to build a good base. Now with the shovel its kind of unfair for those who had no choice and had to remove things..
    Once again. Only from the year you started playing should show. That will still keep them rare and will show people just how long you've been playing like they said above.

Quote Originally Posted by smokie16 View Post
    If you read the original post.. it said buy past obstacles from the year you started. It would only show the ones from the year you started to the present.
    I posted this same kinda thing a while back. Asking for past obstacles to be in shop for gems from the year you started playing to the present day because back when i started playing the obstacles were on the map and couldn't be moved. Bases got bigger and you upgraded townhall you had to remove them to build a good base. Now with the shovel its kind of unfair for those who had no choice and had to remove things..
    Once again. Only from the year you started playing should show. That will still keep them rare and will show people just how long you've been playing like they said above.
    Darian has already said it's ruled out. Doesn't matter if you had the obstacle at one point or not, it's just not happening. I don't agree with their decision but there's no point in posting this ad nauseum
    | BK 75 | AQ 75 | GW 50 | RC 25 |

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by smokie16 View Post
    Player start date doesn't indicate that you actually played during that time. Also, it doesn't indicate that a holiday obstacle would've been able to spawn on your base since we don't keep track of which obstacles spawned on your base.

For now, this idea is ruled out.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.