Thread: Maintenance Break

Maintenance Break

A maintenance break at the exact start of bunny time for our hood? Same for others?

Away, for a little while. Will try my best for Lake Timer updating
    Maintenance break announced by Nick.

Same for others, yes.
    Welcome to Community Forum - Report abuse/spam - World Time Buddy - Lake Timer

My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V rules - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | D points - Bunny D - Mystery D - Bingo D

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 150♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH13 ::

Should chill tasks change every day? At least that's how I remember it. But we had the same tasks for Wednesday too.

So this could be the reason for maintenance (or upcoming fall update )

Quote Originally Posted by zetis View Post
    Should chill tasks change every day? At least that's how I remember it. But we had the same tasks for Wednesday too.

So this could be the reason for maintenance (or upcoming fall update )
    I think the tasks last 24 hours. It's been just over 24 hrs now, so with maintenance, I'm not able to see if they've changed.

Doubtful on the update yet. Nick did say they were doing server-side stuff.

Edit- tasks have changed after maintenance.
    Last edited by Tahoe; October 14th, 2020 at 08:37 AM.

Thank You TerMinus for the awesome sig!

>>>>>>>"
    Together"<<<<<<<

My task still stay for another ~40 min. It runs 24h and only triggered when a player is online. Guess whole hood was offline when derby started yesterday.

Just like a boat, it waits for player to log in to refresh.

Daily quota = fixed time ; pile of task: fixed duration.

My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V rules - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | D points - Bunny D - Mystery D - Bingo D

Pro Member
    alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    My task still stay for another ~40 min. It runs 24h and only triggered when a player is online. Guess whole hood was offline when derby started yesterday.

Just like a boat, it waits for player to log in to refresh.

Daily quota = fixed time ; pile of task: fixed duration.
    Meonhoc, I'm a bit confused with the reset of the tasks for the day. i thought they always reset at 8UTC (4:00am ET), but today, I checked at 4:00am and they are still yesterday's tasks. Now at 9:41UTC (5:47am ET), they are still the same tasks as yesterday. Is this a glitch?

I don't quite understand what you mean by "triggered when a player is online." I understand that my boat doesn't come to the dock until I log in even though it has been more than 4 hr since the last boat. But it would come immediatey when I log in. So in the same way I can see that tasks would not reset until I come to the derby board even though it's past 8UTC, but it should reset immediately, as soon as I enter the derby board shouldn't it?
    When I looked at the tasks at 4am ET, the timer on the tasks were 4H 15m. I suppose that means the new tasks will appear around 8:15am (??). Now at 6:00am ET, the timer says 2H 22m, so the new tasks will come at 8:22am (??)....yeah, I know, timer could be off a few minutes.

Could this be due to the fact that I took the first derby task on Tuesday at 8:15 or 8:22am, even though derby started officially at 4am? I suppose this is never an issue in the regular (not chill) derbies where we don't get a completely new set of tasks every day.

It's a bit confusing and not clearly explained in-game. I'll try my best to rephrase my understanding.

First thing to remember: the pile of task (that you take from the board) and the daily quota (how many you can do) are on 2 different timelines of their own.

Daily quota: (same starting time)
    - each day (from 00:00 UTC to 00:00 UCT of the next day), each member can do 5 tasks + 1 extra task. The first set of daily quota (on Tuesday) is only available for 16h and the last set of quota (on Monday) is only available for 8 hours.
    - during a period of 6 days * 24h (starting from 8:00 UTC) we can do a total of 35 tasks: tuesday (16h), wednesday (24h), thursday (24h), friday(24h), saturday (24h), sunday (24h) and monday (8h).
    - if a task is ongoing when daily quota resets, player is still able to complete it and earn the points. Unused task of the old quota will be lost.
    - tap and hold on the task counter "Available task: x/yy" to see remaining time

The pile of task: (same duration but different starting time)
    - when derby starts at 08:00 UTC, if the entire hood is offline, no task is available. Let's say the first member comes online 10h later at 18:00 UTC, then the 24-hour lifetime of these tasks will only start at 18:00 UTC and will run till 18:00 UTC of the next day.
    - at 18:00 UTC when these tasks expired, if the entire hood is offline, they won't be renewed right away but wait till a member comes online. So they could be renewed, for example when member comes online at 19:00 UTC and run for another 24-hour till 19:00 UTC next day.
    - tap on a task to see its info including remaining time

The confusion comes from most players are online at derby start, thus their board is refreshed right away with new tasks consistently. The time mismatch is easier to observe in small hood when there can be long offline period.

Hope that's clearer.
    Last edited by meonhoc; October 17th, 2020 at 02:07 PM. Reason: new info about ongoing task

Pro Member
    alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    It's a bit confusing and not clearly explained in-game. I'll try my best to rephrase my understanding.

First thing to remember: the pile of task (that you take from the board) and the daily quota (how many you can do) are on 2 different timelines of their own.

Daily quota: (same starting time)
    - each day (from 00:00 UTC to 00:00 UCT of the next day), each member can do 5 tasks + 1 extra task. The first set of daily quota (on Tuesday) is only available for 16h and the last set of quota (on Monday) is only available for 8 hours.
    - during a period of 6 days * 24h (starting from 8:00 UTC) we can do a total of 35 tasks: tuesday (16h), wednesday (24h), thursday (24h), friday(24h), saturday (24h), sunday (24h) and monday (8h).
    - tap and hold on the task counter "Available task: x/yy" to see remaining time

The pile of task: (same duration but different starting time)
    - when derby starts at 08:00 UTC, if the entire hood is offline, no task is available. Let's say the first member comes online 10h later at 18:00 UTC, then the 24-hour lifetime of these tasks will only start at 18:00 UTC and will run till 18:00 UTC of the next day.
    - at 18:00 UTC when these tasks expired, if the entire hood is offline, they won't be renewed right away but wait till a member comes online. So they could be renewed, for example when member comes online at 19:00 UTC and run for another 24-hour till 19:00 UTC next day.
    - tap on a task to see its info including remaining time
    The confusion comes from most players are online at derby start, thus their board is refreshed right away with new tasks consistently. The time mismatch is easier to observe in small hood when there can be long offline period.
    Hope that's clearer.
    Thanks so much, Meonhoc, for your detailed explanation! Now, finally I understand. Why, oh why, does SC have to make it so complicated?! The bunny appearance is also so complicated! I understand how it works but WHY does it have to come 100 minutes earlier than the stated time on the banner. Every time we have a bunny derby, I explain over and over to my hoodies when the bunny will come and to please NOT come to the derby board between such and such time...and invariably somebody forgets or did not understand...and all of a sudden we are scrambling to catch that early bunny. At least in the chill derby, we are not competing with other hoods so we have all "day" to catch it. Still, I don't like logging in at the appointed time and find someone had triggered its early arrival and I have to wait 1h xm before it comes again. Sigh!

This wasn't clearly explained, I guess player assumptions about when a day starts for them (timezone at fault too) make things even more confusing.

Some task required a certain amount of time to complete (harvest crop, serve townies) so let them run 24h is the best thing to do, in my humble opinion. If this time is shorten, player might not have enough time to complete the task. I currently have harvest tomatoes and some production task requires 4-6 hours each to complete.

It doens't meant to do different task every day, only a quota is set. Any task available on board can be taken (beware of remaining time). Isn't it the same with normal derby when before taking a task, player needs to consider the time allotted?

For Bunny Derby, I explained my theory in sticky thread of Derby Tak sub forum. See if that helps your neighbors. In short, I suggest somethign along this line:
    Any bunny waiting time greater than 1h40m is just an estimation to next scheduled time. However, this scheduled time will be interrupted and rescheduled if anyone logs in between such and such time because a naughty Bunny is released and it was being naughty.

...oh my, we are far far far away from a maintenance break...
    Last edited by meonhoc; October 15th, 2020 at 03:27 PM.