Thread: Should I upgrade hogs or valks

Should I upgrade hogs or valks

I have never upgrade my hogs or valks before. Idk which one to upgrade. Ive been using valks lately and loving them. I used to use hogs a lot but then they started dying a lot. Any advice?

Pro Member
    If you have never upgraded hogs, and they are still L1, then yes they will die fast @ TH9.
    At TH9 valks with back end hogs hogs is a great combo. So you need to look at them both I would say to, to get the most from these troops.
    Last edited by vansimon; October 9th, 2020 at 05:53 AM.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 16 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 59| GW 28 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L6t | BK: 57 | GW 25 | Max Trophies: 3700+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L74 | BK: 70| GW 40 | RC: L20 | Max Trophies: 5000+

New Bloke/Chick
    It depends on what troop you think youll use most

It depends on what you use.
    Though hogs are great at level 5 at th9

whatever you use more. mass valkeries with rage at town hall 9 can always guarantee a war win, as they can outrun air cc troops. they are hard to funnel, so i use heroes for that, and bring all rage and save one for the town hall when they get near it.

you can probably get away with level 2-3 Valkyries at th9 but mine are level 4 now, loving them

hogs, however, are weak at lower levels so upgrade them as much as you can if you use them regularly.

played clash of clans for 3 years...or was it 4? Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop

my main account: https://www.clashofstats.com/players...0LCC2P/summary
    my second account: https://www.clashofstats.com/players...LVR22VJLJ/army

Forum Elder
    Eye of the beholder (user)
    I cant get enough of Hogs. I am super biased as they are my fav troop. I run a mean HogWiPe at TH9 that can best a lot of max TH9s depending on set up. so I will back them and recommend you do them first.

With that said though: Valks are very strong and are on my list to learn better at TH9 for variety sake (actually developing a HogValk build). What I dont like about them is their pathing (its so peculiar) can be so hard to predict and tend to run right into the teeth of the defs and get hung up on walls too much for my tastes.. as I said to each their own.

I find Hogs much more predictable and thus more reliable for my attack style. I am sure someone else will come along and say something similar to this statement about Valks, so just have some fun with it and let the troops strengths dictate how you use/upgrade them.

Quote Originally Posted by AFRO View Post
    Eye of the beholder (user)
    I cant get enough of Hogs. I am super biased as they are my fav troop. I run a mean HogWiPe at TH9 that can best a lot of max TH9s depending on set up. so I will back them and recommend you do them first.

With that said though: Valks are very strong and are on my list to learn better at TH9 for variety sake (actually developing a HogValk build). What I dont like about them is their pathing (its so peculiar) can be so hard to predict and tend to run right into the teeth of the defs and get hung up on walls too much for my tastes.. as I said to each their own.

I find Hogs much more predictable and thus more reliable for my attack style. I am sure someone else will come along and say something similar to this statement about Valks, so just have some fun with it and let the troops strengths dictate how you use/upgrade them.
    valks can be a real pain to funnel..... i usually use heroes to funnel with a 9/10 success rate. i would practice with Valkyries on friendly challenges so you get the hang of them.
    you will find real quick that valk+rage=total destruction.
    Last edited by chilepepper101; October 11th, 2020 at 11:25 PM.

played clash of clans for 3 years...or was it 4? Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by chilepepper101 View Post
    valks can be a real pain to funnel..... i usually use heroes to funnel with a 9/10 success rate. i would practice with Valkyries on friendly challenges so you get the hang of them.
    you will find real quick that valk+rage=total destruction.
    Yes Valk + Rage = Carnage, IN THE SPELL ZONE, but out side of it not so much, they are so fast they rip through the Rage (and heal for that matter) so fast its not very effective out side of the spell.. plus the way they target attack spots makes it hard for me to judge where to place the spell for optimal usage - from my experience anyhow- . but I still need to stress test them.

it may be a mute point, because I was unable to apply the update to my old i5 that I keep my TH9 acct on and dont necessarily want to set up the SC ID for a part time acct that I am only active on primarily for CGs...

Quote Originally Posted by AFRO View Post
    Yes Valk + Rage = Carnage, IN THE SPELL ZONE, but out side of it not so much, they are so fast they rip through the Rage (and heal for that matter) so fast its not very effective out side of the spell.. plus the way they target attack spots makes it hard for me to judge where to place the spell for optimal usage - from my experience anyhow- . but I still need to stress test them.

it may be a mute point, because I was unable to apply the update to my old i5 that I keep my TH9 acct on and dont necessarily want to set up the SC ID for a part time acct that I am only active on primarily for CGs...
    for me when the valks come out of the rage spell they are still under spell influence for 2-3 sec, often allowing them to take down some more buildings fast.