Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 152

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans Autumn 2020 Update Sneak Peek #1 - Balance Changes

  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by drekdx View Post
    Don't the maintenance break always wipes out the replays ?
    Not every time. This maintenance they increased WB death damage radius causing to wipe out replays.

  2. #142
    Senior Member FourTOne5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Under the spider's web in the dark corner.
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by drekdx View Post
    Don't the maintenance break always wipes out the replays ?
    Not unless some property of a defense or troop or other thing changes.


    Thanks TP for the avatar and Legend for the signature.
    https://i.ibb.co/jZ4NQ7S/Sig11-3.jp

  3. #143
    Millennial Club drekdx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Drake passage , Antarctica
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Kannukanhashubhang View Post
    Not every time. This maintenance they increased WB death damage radius causing to wipe out replays.
    Quote Originally Posted by FourTOne5 View Post
    Not unless some property of a defense or troop or other thing changes.
    Thanks for the info and making it clear !
    After seeing some replies above I was quite confused about the clearing of replays. I used to think every time there's maintenance inbound, replays are cleared.
    I would like to thank TerMinus Prime(TP) for this amazing sig . If you want to visit his shop then click here .


  4. #144
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    281
    And the reason for the wipeouts. Your attacks are stored as a series of taps on the screen , and replays just replay the AI, not the actual physical attack

  5. #145
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    50
    Wall breaker death damage radius increased from 1.2 tiles to 1.5.

    Thatís why replays were wiped

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by helloworld2 View Post
    And the reason for the wipeouts. Your attacks are stored as a series of taps on the screen , and replays just replay the AI, not the actual physical attack
    As I saw Darian stating a while ago, that replays aren't the replays."they're are actually the attack you did, repeat it for you, so it's not like a recording, it's like the same attack in the name of a replay" And, yes you're right here. I just wanted to share my thoughts.
    Last edited by Shivank380; October 24th, 2020 at 07:14 AM.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivank380 View Post
    As I saw Darian stating a while ago, that replays aren't usually the replays."they're are actually the attack you did, repeat it for you, so it's not like a recording, it's like the same attack in the name of a replay" And, yes you're right here. I just wanted to share my thoughts.
    It isn't just usual, it is always. Also, they are replays, but they are not stored videos. The player clicks are stored and then the attack plays itself out. It is a replay of the exact attack, just not stored as a video. That is why if they change something, such as the AI of a troop or buff a defense, they wipe the replays, because they would not play out the same way.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    It isn't just usual, it is always. Also, they are replays, but they are not stored videos. The player clicks are stored and then the attack plays itself out. It is a replay of the exact attack, just not stored as a video. That is why if they change something, such as the AI of a troop or buff a defense, they wipe the replays, because they would not play out the same way.
    Ah yes, Ik it's always like that. Included that usual, my bad.

  9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #149
    Darian[Supercell]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Under a Rock.
    Posts
    5,707
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    It isn't just usual, it is always. Also, they are replays, but they are not stored videos. The player clicks are stored and then the attack plays itself out. It is a replay of the exact attack, just not stored as a video. That is why if they change something, such as the AI of a troop or buff a defense, they wipe the replays, because they would not play out the same way.
    This is correct. The replays are not stored as video files as videos require massive amounts of resources to store. However, keeping track of screen taps is incredibly small, resource-wise, which allows us to keep so many replays.

    So when you watch a replay of a game, you're not watching an actual stored video of the match. You're watching your attack/defense in real-time as though a bot were re-enacting the exact same screen taps you did at the same moments in time. Because players do not actually manually control the troops and all events are based on how the game's AI algorithm functions, there is no 'randomness' when watching a replay. What I mean by this is that if you deploy a troop from a certain point on the map, as soon as the troop is deployed the game will immediately know what the end result of that troop will be based on how it will path, how it will interact with defenses, what it will attack, etc.

    So when you watch a replay of that attack, because the game is simulating your exact same screen taps, the game automatically knows how the match will end - it will end the exact same way it did when you actually played it. This is also why the game cannot be continued if you disconnect and reconnect. If you disconnect, the game determines that all of your inputs have finished and it can immediately calculate what the end result was even if the full game hadn't played out on your screen.

    However, because all of these conclusions are based on how the game algorithms function, any change to those functions can alter the end-result of an attack. For example, let's say you deploy a Wall Breaker from the 12:00 point on the map. Based on the game's algorithm, it will perform a certain way and do certain things.

    However, now that we've made a change to that algorithm, the replay may not end up showing the same thing as your attack did. And because that Wall Breaker in the "replay" may not behave the same way, that means where the game recorded your screen taps may no longer be valid because the same parameters no longer apply. That Hero might not be in the same place anymore, or the place you dropped a Rage Spell may not drop on to any troops in the replay.

    So as you can see, changing how the game works can have a cascade effect on invalidating replays. Not only do the troop behaviors change, it could completely invalidate how the game actually played out. So when we make changes to the game's functions, we have to wipe the replays.

    An interesting metaphor for this would be like time traveling but only watching the results.

    You watch someone walk down the street, knowing they're going to get hit by a car and the end of the block. No matter how many times you travel back in time and rewatch it over and over, it will never change.

    Now, you remove a piece of the sidewalk. Something small and insignificant, but it causes the person to slightly alter their walk where they bump into someone. That causes them to fall half a second behind where they used to be, which the end result is they're able to see the car in time and avoid getting hit.

    In both instances, because we're watching from afar, we know what the conclusion of each instance is based on the parameters given. But altering one tiny thing can still have significant consequences.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

    If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.


  10. #150
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Forest of main village
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    This is correct. The replays are not stored as video files as videos require massive amounts of resources to store. However, keeping track of screen taps is incredibly small, resource-wise, which allows us to keep so many replays.

    So when you watch a replay of a game, you're not watching an actual stored video of the match. You're watching your attack/defense in real-time as though a bot were re-enacting the exact same screen taps you did at the same moments in time. Because players do not actually manually control the troops and all events are based on how the game's AI algorithm functions, there is no 'randomness' when watching a replay. What I mean by this is that if you deploy a troop from a certain point on the map, as soon as the troop is deployed the game will immediately know what the end result of that troop will be based on how it will path, how it will interact with defenses, what it will attack, etc.

    So when you watch a replay of that attack, because the game is simulating your exact same screen taps, the game automatically knows how the match will end - it will end the exact same way it did when you actually played it. This is also why the game cannot be continued if you disconnect and reconnect. If you disconnect, the game determines that all of your inputs have finished and it can immediately calculate what the end result was even if the full game hadn't played out on your screen.

    However, because all of these conclusions are based on how the game algorithms function, any change to those functions can alter the end-result of an attack. For example, let's say you deploy a Wall Breaker from the 12:00 point on the map. Based on the game's algorithm, it will perform a certain way and do certain things.

    However, now that we've made a change to that algorithm, the replay may not end up showing the same thing as your attack did. And because that Wall Breaker in the "replay" may not behave the same way, that means where the game recorded your screen taps may no longer be valid because the same parameters no longer apply. That Hero might not be in the same place anymore, or the place you dropped a Rage Spell may not drop on to any troops in the replay.

    So as you can see, changing how the game works can have a cascade effect on invalidating replays. Not only do the troop behaviors change, it could completely invalidate how the game actually played out. So when we make changes to the game's functions, we have to wipe the replays.

    An interesting metaphor for this would be like time traveling but only watching the results.

    You watch someone walk down the street, knowing they're going to get hit by a car and the end of the block. No matter how many times you travel back in time and rewatch it over and over, it will never change.

    Now, you remove a piece of the sidewalk. Something small and insignificant, but it causes the person to slightly alter their walk where they bump into someone. That causes them to fall half a second behind where they used to be, which the end result is they're able to see the car in time and avoid getting hit.

    In both instances, because we're watching from afar, we know what the conclusion of each instance is based on the parameters given. But altering one tiny thing can still have significant consequences.
    Stored this reply in my Samsung notes for future references

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •