Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Economy balance

Crab Claw

Economy balance

I haven’t yet figured out a good way to earn gold as fast as experience. RSS may be the key, but I move goods through other means too fast. As a consequence I stay behind purchasing equipment. I am almost level 30-within 1000 pts.

I just spent all gold starting the boat, don’t have Stables, one Dog House, one Cat House, three Smelters-not sure I need 5-, Juicer, and Ice Cream Maker.

My complaint is the game does not seem to ‘know’ that I don’t have this equipment yet. Boats and truck orders are full of requests I cannot make. This really interferes with my derby tasks. Yesterday I sent 3 boats away in a row. That was 12 hours I think. The game would be more enjoyable if the economy was more balanced OR the game ‘knew’ capabilities.
    Last edited by JD4U; October 2nd, 2020 at 01:24 PM.

Pro Member
    In my opinion....

Don't even bother with boat, truck, visitor orders unless there is some great money balance. Stop doing any of the xp tasks until you have that well padded coin bank.

It goes against the "normal" thinking, but this is one game where leveling up fast is not the goal. Machines get very expensive as you get higher up, so better to stay on one lower level to build up your coins, increase your barn and silo as much as you can as early as you can.

As for the game... it goes by WHAT you are eligible for, not what you actually have ready. As for derby... you can trash any tasks that you don't have the ability to do, they will refresh in 30 minutes. Or, unless you just love the stress of derby, you can opt out until you get more caught up.

Look through the daily dirt and buy things that are really cheap that you can resell at higher price. Keep your machines going with things you can sell for full price. Put items that take a long time on at night before bed so they are ready to sell in the morning. Open extra slots on the machines as you can.

Just a few ideas to think about, and what has worked for me. Above all... have fun with the learning! Most of us are in the Been there, done that group!

Kathy

Crab Claw
    Thanks for the ideas

Crab Claw
    If, a big if, any developers pay attention, then....

This new strategy has almost stopped me playing. I get on about once or twice a day to fill my RSS with overpriced goods; one bargain-deal to advertise and then exit the game. I might spend a total of five minutes all day on the game.

A week ago I probably got on 2 dozen times a day, usually filled boats; completed derbies, helped neighbors; and always had something producing.

Your game...do what you want. But I will too. Playing other games

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JD4U View Post

This new strategy has almost stopped me playing.
    Sorry; what new strategy?

If you mean that items are requested for machines you don't have, that has always been the case. It's your choice whether or not to buy a particular machine when it becomes available. One of the great strengths of Hay Day is that players can choose exactly how they play, but there may be consequences of those choices.

Playing for just a short while each day is also a choice, but it can be done with the right strategies.

Emailkathy has given sound advice and good suggestions.

Hay Day level 196 (main farm) - I have seven others!

Quote Originally Posted by JD4U View Post
    I haven’t yet figured out a good way to earn gold as fast as experience. RSS may be the key, but I move goods through other means too fast. As a consequence I stay behind purchasing equipment. I am almost level 30-within 1000 pts.

I just spent all gold starting the boat, don’t have Stables, one Dog House, one Cat House, three Smelters-not sure I need 5-, Juicer, and Ice Cream Maker.

My complaint is the game does not seem to ‘know’ that I don’t have this equipment yet. Boats and truck orders are full of requests I cannot make. This really interferes with my derby tasks. Yesterday I sent 3 boats away in a row. That was 12 hours I think. The game would be more enjoyable if the economy was more balanced OR the game ‘knew’ capabilities.
    Don't worry about the stables or other animal houses. They don't add that much to your gold. The game doesn't care what you have or don't have, it simply goes by your level. You want to buy each machine as it comes available, that should be your goal. To build gold quickly keep your machines going and buy all the available slots you can afford.

When you are working your farm use that time to plant easy to sell at full price crops (like soybeans my highest one day coin total in my RSS was 64386 from selling soybeans). This brings a good amount of coins, not to mention it builds your XP.

Don't worry about boats or trucks unless it's a double coin event and you have a booster. They take a lot of product and don't give a lot of coins or XP unless it's an event. Watch for coin and star boosters, they're big helps.

Work your townies, picking up as many as you can from your neighbors so you're working the one timers. This gives more coins and more rewards that you can use for your own expansion or sell for...top coins.

The derby won't give you many coins and none on rewards so you have to decide if you want to spend your time and energies on the derby or leave it alone until you build your coins.

Set a goal of having 1 million coins. Before you know it you will achieve that goal.

Crab Claw
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    Sorry; what new strategy?

Doing nothing but RSS until I get 100,000+ coins to get the two to five machines that are available for my level without any experience points so my level does not increase (and open any new machines that I can’t afford)

And thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.
    Last edited by JD4U; October 13th, 2020 at 02:28 AM.

I read (and saw in a spreadsheet) that espresso was quickest bread winner. An hour of production yields 3,700 coins. Nothing comes close. (granted you need a lot of sugar on hand). FWIW
    Last edited by AutomaticBzooty; October 15th, 2020 at 03:23 AM.

I like emailkathy's advice for lower levels, but will differ on trucks. You can trash truck tasks that are unfavorable to coins or unfavorable to XP....your choice. They are waaaaaay quicker than townies, and boats near pointless (even during 2x events) use those items individually for trucks. But definitely trucks, as they provide instant return. Ppl don't like them as it can decimate your barn fast (but that's why God put us on HayDay Earth!)

One thing, that many do is pair up with a very high level benefactor ...buying the most expensive items for 1 coin off them, having the benefactor buy them back at full price (expansion is easy but have that 89 item max).

At LVL 160 I only have to play for XP having millions of coins and they have to introduce items only available to the LVL 100+ [granted the deep fryer at LVL97 @900,000 coins is appreciated.
    Last edited by AutomaticBzooty; October 15th, 2020 at 03:35 AM.

Crab Claw
    Thank you for the advice. I will try a few things