Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Please change the policies on clan chat!

Please change the policies on clan chat!

It has happened 3 times in my clan where new members join my clan and report other people for what is said in clan chat resulting in bans in the game. Twice were for 2 days and 1 was for two weeks!

I'm pleading with you, Supercell, stop policing my clan chat!

As the leader of my clan I can manage my own clan members. Our clan description CLEARLY says Adults only. It CLEARLY says we are crazy. It CLEARLY says to have thick skin. People are free to see our description and not join. People are free to leave the clan if they don't like the people in there.

We joke ALOT and troll each other for attack fails or anything else...as I'm sure go on in alot of clans. Lately there have been some heated political conversations in there, and hey, everyone has an opinion. Sure, sometimes it degenerates and turns into name calling ("supid! idiot!") or whatever, but there are no threats of violence. No hate speech. No homophobia. And if if gets to that, I handle it to let them know we don't tolerate that here (also in our clan rules) and remove them if they don't comply.

What shouldn't happen is that people join clans and get offended and instead of bringing it to my or a co's attention, they report in game and someone from support just hands out the ban anonymously..with no notification to the clan, they just disappear and appear to go inactive. Not to mention I have heard of people abusing this to get people banned for wars/CWL.

Harrassment is pretty limited in game as it is. There is no direct message system to send awful messages. Not much of a way for people to follow users from clan to clan (simply unfriend). No way for them to constantly raid them. And people aren't locked in somehow so they have to see each other in game.

I talked to in game support about this and basically was told there was nothing I could do. I couldn't get the name of who was reporting so I can just remove them from the clan to prevent problems.

Sure, you want people to be able to play the game in peace and if being in my clan doesn't fit that for them, they can go find one that does. No one should be so entitled to be in my clan that they can join and get longtime members banned for something said in chat that is acceptable to everyone else in there.

So please, Supercell, hear my plea and find some way to address this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hades8 View Post
    It has happened 3 times in my clan where new members join my clan and report other people for what is said in clan chat resulting in bans in the game. Twice were for 2 days and 1 was for two weeks!

I'm pleading with you, Supercell, stop policing my clan chat!

As the leader of my clan I can manage my own clan members. Our clan description CLEARLY says Adults only. It CLEARLY says we are crazy. It CLEARLY says to have thick skin. People are free to see our description and not join. People are free to leave the clan if they don't like the people in there.

We joke ALOT and troll each other for attack fails or anything else...as I'm sure go on in alot of clans. Lately there have been some heated political conversations in there, and hey, everyone has an opinion. Sure, sometimes it degenerates and turns into name calling ("supid! idiot!") or whatever, but there are no threats of violence. No hate speech. No homophobia. And if if gets to that, I handle it to let them know we don't tolerate that here (also in our clan rules) and remove them if they don't comply.

What shouldn't happen is that people join clans and get offended and instead of bringing it to my or a co's attention, they report in game and someone from support just hands out the ban anonymously..with no notification to the clan, they just disappear and appear to go inactive. Not to mention I have heard of people abusing this to get people banned for wars/CWL.

Harrassment is pretty limited in game as it is. There is no direct message system to send awful messages. Not much of a way for people to follow users from clan to clan (simply unfriend). No way for them to constantly raid them. And people aren't locked in somehow so they have to see each other in game.

I talked to in game support about this and basically was told there was nothing I could do. I couldn't get the name of who was reporting so I can just remove them from the clan to prevent problems.

Sure, you want people to be able to play the game in peace and if being in my clan doesn't fit that for them, they can go find one that does. No one should be so entitled to be in my clan that they can join and get longtime members banned for something said in chat that is acceptable to everyone else in there.

So please, Supercell, hear my plea and find some way to address this.
    This has happened to us quite often too. We just got a guy back after his ban in timeout. He got back Tuesday. We narrowed it down to 2 people. Both not will be welcomed back but this shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by SaYNaNaFoO View Post
    This has happened to us quite often too. We just got a guy back after his ban in timeout. He got back Tuesday. We narrowed it down to 2 people. Both not will be welcomed back but this shouldn't have happened in the first place.
    It's very frustrating to have the whole clan be affected by it. I'm sure there are lots of clans this happens in. Thanks for adding your experience to this thread.
    Last edited by Hades8; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:13 PM.

Clan chat report button never should have been added IMO.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Clash of Clans is rated for 13+ therefore appropriate systems are required to be in place to maintain this rating. Therefore, the policies will not be changed. While your Clan may be labeled as "adults only" the game itself is still rated as 13+ and takes priority. Thus, if any language in a chat would be considered "mature" or "18+" players are free to report it as offensive, especially if it consists of any kind of sexist, phobic towards any groups, hate speech, etc.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Clash of Clans is rated for 13+ therefore appropriate systems are required to be in place to maintain this rating. Therefore, the policies will not be changed. While your Clan may be labeled as "adults only" the game itself is still rated as 13+ and takes priority. Thus, if any language in a chat would be considered "mature" or "18+" players are free to report it as offensive, especially if it consists of any kind of sexist, phobic towards any groups, hate speech, etc.
    Of course it won't change, that doesn't mean it isn't worth discussing. I don't imagine anyone on this forum condones sexist, phobic, or hate speech. Adult players often speak on adult matters. A little smack talk or an occasional four letter word shouldn't be enough to institute a ban. Poor in game support provided by those who are often not sharing the same first language does not help. Different support agents are likely to have different interpretations of given text.

We run 2 adult clans and learned very early in our clans life to ban all religious and politics from chat. One might argue you should be able to do and say anything you want in "your clan" we were proven dead wrong and made the necessary changes...no issues in years

I've gone solo, but my clan of many years never had a problem with this. We really did not admit many noobs and I always had a quick boot for deviant behavior. It still rubs me wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to read and respond. I'm glad I was heard.

I understand your position with the 13+ rating. I'm sure that's complicated for you guys. I'm sure you're always having to adjust (removing global chat, etc.).

I just wish there was some more leniency in clan chat. The conversations that I saw take place that resulted in a ban was definitely not hate speech, *-phobic, etc., so it basically becomes a judgement call for the support person who gets that report. And that is what it is.

But aside from obvious hate speech, I feel there should be some onus on the reporter that if they get offended, they have the option to get away from the situation...leave the clan...enable the clan chat filter. Something. In all of the times that I saw this happen, the reporter didn't give any indication of being offended. Just report then ban and the banned person hasn't had any idea what specifically happened. The banned person usually has no idea what caused the ban so they don't even know how to adjust to fall within the guidelines.

This system invites trolls to take advantage of it. Then there is the abuse of that system that happens in wars/cwl.

On the other side, I wish there was some indication of when this happens to a player in your clan so the rest of the clan knows (for wars, etc.). The rest of the clan gets impacted by this, though they did nothing wrong.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Hades8; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:19 PM.

I'm sorry that happened to you. Since it IS the CLAN chat and not any kind of GLOBAL, it would seem that a LOGICAL step would be to contact the LEADER of the clan and get their input on the issue rather than making a guess in the dark about clan workings.