Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What is your comment on Engineer Base.

Quote Originally Posted by dyknow View Post
    I created a handful of engineered bases years ago, when my clan kept getting matched with engineered clans (i.e. one-cannon bases) in "regular" wars (there was no CWL then anyway).

When TH12 dropped, I upgraded all but two of my engineered bases. One of my engineered bases has no other normal defences other than traps, the obligatory cannon (at the highest TH11 level but one, so that I upgrade the cannon for season points), but all traps and hidden teslas are maxed. The other engineered base has the same set up, but it also has maxed "signature" defences - EA, infernos, xbows. Both engineered bases have almost maxed heroes and troops/spells - it took a while as I don't log in to attack, only to donate troops.

I love my 2 engineered bases - reminds me of times gone by. I also have a maxed TH9, which I will eventually upgrade once I have a replacement TH9 - I just love the TH9 laloon with kill squad so much that I need a TH9 just for old times sake!
    Yeah mate.. I used to see many posts suggesting "we only engineer because we draw engineers"..
    News Flash.. We all drew engineered clans.. I hated them.

Only 2 good things came out of that catastrophic era..
    1. It brought me to forums
    2. It ended when TH12 dropped

Only reason folk would want to remember low defense engineering is as a reminder of how easily the war game can be killed off..
    COC must have lost countless numbers of players during those 2 years..
    Oh.. My clan resolved we wouldnt be sucked into copy and paste..
    We found our own way thru it, with more than a little help from a guy called Viking Chief.. Hi Viking if your still following forum.

Funnily enough tho, I consider 2 of the better engineers in the current game as friends now.. How things can change.

Centennial Club
    I sometimes wonder why the engineered bases were a problem, but, presumably, because they can be abused to unfairly weight wars and get large winning streaks.

Rather than worry about this, why not allow buildings to be removed: if someone wants to fight with 1 x TH + 1 x cannon, so be it. But they are treated as if they were fully fledged. They then just hinder themselves, and cant force a roster of TH3's vs a clan of TH13's (engineered). Am I missing something?

(Bonus points: for every defensive building removed, add the hitpoints to the remaining buildings; that might be an interesting experiment, e.g. a TH with 10,000 hit points. Would be fun trying to figure out what is needed to destroy that!)

Quote Originally Posted by 2muchclanning View Post
    I sometimes wonder why the engineered bases were a problem, but, presumably, because they can be abused to unfairly weight wars and get large winning streaks.

Rather than worry about this, why not allow buildings to be removed: if someone wants to fight with 1 x TH + 1 x cannon, so be it. But they are treated as if they were fully fledged. They then just hinder themselves, and cant force a roster of TH3's vs a clan of TH13's (engineered). Am I missing something?

(Bonus points: for every defensive building removed, add the hitpoints to the remaining buildings; that might be an interesting experiment, e.g. a TH with 10,000 hit points. Would be fun trying to figure out what is needed to destroy that!)
    Eh?.. How did you do war between March 2016 and August 2017?
    That was the darkest period in clan wars, whereby only defense was counted.. Max camps came virtually for free.
    The only real weight was with the tesla's, traps and bombs, which tend to weigh light anyway, plus heroes.
    Even after they started to weigh offense in '17 those copy and paste clans were so abundant the war experience continued to suffer.
    It wasnt till the 12 drop in June 2018 that they finally boxed them in with the build all policy.

2 halls beyond the reach of 1 cannon wonders, most here can comfortably handle a clan containing low defense bases.

So I guess what you are missing is the reality of what war was like at that time..
    And I dont care about big streaks, never did, just putting out a roster and trying to find a similar looking opponent (although we do care how our war log looks)
    During the fiasco, finding a similar opponent without being copy and paste ourselves was a task in itself.

We can all do "what ifs".. Thankfully now we dont have to.

Well, actually, you can not neglect, neither Google nor any other PS. Of course, to make sure that traffic from search engines is good - you need to focus on your user, on the geography of his location, and even then give preference to a specific search engine. In any case, you can, for example, try this method of promotion as a behavioral factor, this https://serpclick.com service will help you.
    Last edited by MilaMilan; December 13th, 2020 at 05:31 AM.

Banned
    My comment is......
    Last edited by SebastianVettel; November 20th, 2020 at 05:07 AM.

Centennial Club
    Wish they would fix engineering even harder be easy fix to just make it so a th has at least the max weight for the th below it regardless of whether or not it has all items placed so these no def 11 s would at least weigh a fully max 10 then of course add the offence weight for the th11 troops etc. not that I really have any issues with engi clans at all but gaming the system and so on just seems like cheating imo what’s the point of a nice big streak of it wasn’t obtained legit like wow what a big flex that you can dip hit th s 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver81 View Post
    Wish they would fix engineering even harder be easy fix to just make it so a th has at least the max weight for the th below it regardless of whether or not it has all items placed so these no def 11 s would at least weigh a fully max 10 then of course add the offence weight for the th11 troops etc. not that I really have any issues with engi clans at all but gaming the system and so on just seems like cheating imo what’s the point of a nice big streak of it wasn’t obtained legit like wow what a big flex that you can dip hit th s 😂
    Lot of win streak clans probably going to quit the game if that happens.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver81 View Post
    Wish they would fix engineering even harder be easy fix to just make it so a th has at least the max weight for the th below it regardless of whether or not it has all items placed so these no def 11 s would at least weigh a fully max 10 then of course add the offence weight for the th11 troops etc. not that I really have any issues with engi clans at all but gaming the system and so on just seems like cheating imo what’s the point of a nice big streak of it wasn’t obtained legit like wow what a big flex that you can dip hit th s ��
    There is no reason whyvSC would do anything more about it. They have fixed it for clans warring with reasonable numbers of TH12 & TH13. Doing more at lower levels would encourage people to sit at those lower levels, which is not what SC want to see.