Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What is your comment on Engineer Base.

Under the spider's web in the dark corner.

What is your comment on Engineer Base.

Don't judge my comment I just want to know what you think.
    For me I very much liked Engineer Base though I had to destroy the only one I had for TH12 update. I mean it was a good that supercell destroyed Engineer base in a way to give some fairness to Clan War but some people might love it as a souvenir or something.
    So instead of totally destroying it would have been nice that engineer bases couldn't enter Clan Wars so the present Engineer Bases also couldn't manipulate wars. And people could still have them.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by FourTOne5; October 1st, 2020 at 06:16 AM.

Thanks TP for the avatar and Legend for the signature.
    https://i.ibb.co/jZ4NQ7S/Sig11-3.jp

Quote Originally Posted by FourTOne5 View Post
    For me I very much liked Engineer Base though I had to destroy the only one I had for TH12 update. I mean it was a good that supercell destroyed Engineer base in a way to give some fairness to Clan War but some people might love it as a souvenir or something.
    So instead of totally destroying it would have been nice that engineer bases couldn't enter Clan Wars so the present Engineer Bases also couldn't manipulate wars. And people could still have them.

What are your thoughts?
    My thought is what do you consider an engineer base?..
    I have played in, and visited more streaker/engineered clans, and the set up and account build path in each is different.

Under the spider's web in the dark corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    My thought is what do you consider an engineer base?..
    I have played in, and visited more streaker/engineered clans, and the set up and account build path in each is different.
    Engineer Base for me in basic is a base with very few buildings. But the way I loved my base was with just a cannon a artillery 4 tesla and every other non defensive building.

Thanks TP for the avatar and Legend for the signature.
    https://i.ibb.co/jZ4NQ7S/Sig11-3.jp

Completely does not matter to me as someone in an all TH13 competitive league war clan. The engineer bases that you can't create anymore are just going to become more and more outdated as more town halls are released but as the engineering experts here claim, engineering is always just going to adapt and take new forms. So do as they will, won't really affect clans with mostly maxed out bases.

Personally, I'll only be impressed at a clan that has a very huge win streak if they manage to win a major tournament as well. I would probably always be more impressed at a clan that has managed to win the world championships versus a 200 win streak clan.
    Last edited by Tonyla; October 1st, 2020 at 06:32 AM.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by FourTOne5 View Post

What are your thoughts?
    In order to do what you suggest, they would have need to define engineered bases.

Given there was never much agreement on here as to what constituted one, I don't see how they coulod have reaosnably created an "engineer flag" to be able to do this.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    In order to do what you suggest, they would have need to define engineered bases.

Given there was never much agreement on here as to what constituted one, I don't see how they coulod have reaosnably created an "engineer flag" to be able to do this.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

Not that I necessarily think anything needs to be changed, but an easy definition would be any base which does not have all of the buildings which are currently required to upgrade up to that Town Hall level. The definitions already exist for whether you are eligible to upgrade up to Town Hall level X, you could just use those same definitions for whether a TH X is eligible to queue for wars.

That definition could create some weird scenarios like back when a third DE drill got added at low TH level, so a max'd out base would temporarily be ineligible to queue for war - but those would be rare and very easy to fix (e.g. just start building the drill and you're eligible now)

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by homer3142 View Post
    Not that I necessarily think anything needs to be changed, but an easy definition would be any base which does not have all of the buildings which are currently required to upgrade up to that Town Hall level. The definitions already exist for whether you are eligible to upgrade up to Town Hall level X, you could just use those same definitions for whether a TH X is eligible to queue for wars.

That definition could create some weird scenarios like back when a third DE drill got added at low TH level, so a max'd out base would temporarily be ineligible to queue for war - but those would be rare and very easy to fix (e.g. just start building the drill and you're eligible now)
    But we're not going to program all kinds of exceptions and special rules for a meta that is designed to game the system in a manner we're trying to prevent from being gamed.
    AKA Tank Puppy

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    But we're not going to program all kinds of exceptions and special rules for a meta that is designed to game the system in a manner we're trying to prevent from being gamed.
    Well like I said I'm not arguing that this is needed in any way - but I don't see how it is hard to define or what exceptions / special rules are needed. You already have defined what buildings are required in order to upgrade up to TH9, TH10, TH11, etc. If you are missing one of those buildings, then you are flagged as "not eligible to upgrade yet". If a few remaining old-school engineering bases were a problem (I'm not convinced that they are), then you could just extend that same definition to prevent queuing in wars. I like the principle of the idea, but I don't see how it's a big enough problem to be worth taking time to code up

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by homer3142 View Post
    Well like I said I'm not arguing that this is needed in any way - but I don't see how it is hard to define or what exceptions / special rules are needed. You already have defined what buildings are required in order to upgrade up to TH9, TH10, TH11, etc. If you are missing one of those buildings, then you are flagged as "not eligible to upgrade yet". If a few remaining old-school engineering bases were a problem (I'm not convinced that they are), then you could just extend that same definition to prevent queuing in wars. I like the principle of the idea, but I don't see how it's a big enough problem to be worth taking time to code up
    As Ajax said, it would mean we would need to create a definition of what an engineered base is. Even among the engineering community, there are quite a few variants and definitions. Not everyone agrees on what an engineered base is. Additionally, we would need to find a way to differentiate between a rushed base or one that is intentionally engineered.
    AKA Tank Puppy