Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What is your comment on Engineer Base.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbarand View Post
    True, but I still see them more than Id like. I guess Ill have to go to TH11 to get rid of them.
    The reason you are seeing them is that you are asking a lot of the MMA (matchmaking algorithm). TH10 > TH4 is a huge spread, 7 hall levels, that clans fielding "one cannon wonders" can take advantage of. Tighten up your roster; run high or low, but cut the hall spread down to 3 or 4 levels.

Check out the Clan Wars subforum, there are plenty of discussions, old & new, on the subject. There are some excellent contributions from very knowledgeable players over there.

My comment on engineered bases is that every single base in coc is engjneered. To engineer something is to design with purpose which we all do whether its for war or trophy hunting or protecting loot. Debate has gone on for 5+ years.
    Level 225 | TH13 | 2687 war stars | clan C9R2GLC
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...anks-in-Forums Forum Ranks
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...es-Compilation
    I want to be Mayor of Dawnbreak City

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    The question is whether its worth the effort. Those bases are relics of a bygone age and really only useful in low level wars.
    They are not relics, they still are used for that purpose. I'd say it definitely is worth the effort to be honest. It's not all that difficult and the coding is already present and can be reused...

I'm still playing a defenseless th11, play what you enjoy

The definition of an engineered base varies, but obvious offenders like the “one cannon” base need to be eliminated. Case and point, our current 20 on 20 clan war is mostly a good matchup, with a couple of TH10s, 9a and down to TH 4. The other team, however, has a “one cannon” TH11 down with the TH7s. His offense has level 2 electro dragons and a level 20 grand warden. So even though his base is an easy 3 star for us, he is going to easily wipe out our top 2 TH10s, then their TH10s wipe out the 9s etc. Plus their 30 space clan castles will have electro dragons and ours will not. If they don’t get 60 stars it’s because their internet went down. Best we can do is tie. Bottom line is these bases shouldn’t be allowed on clan wars. If this type of base can’t be built anymore, it should not be allowed in war. The algorithm to find these should be simple.
    Please share your clan tag as I would like to look at the lineup you are running. We occasionally see these types of bases in our wars but usually the matchup as a whole has us easily favored. With the state of the current matchmaker, taking those bases in clan wars - unless the clan is doing roster level engineering as well - is generally a bad idea.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; November 11th, 2020 at 02:18 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH9-13
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/byNR2xZ
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 50/50/20 heroes/near max d
    TH12 - doug 65/65/40 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Please share your clan tag as I would like to look at the lineup you are running. We occasionally see these types of bases in our wars but usually the matchup as a whole has us easily favored. With the state of the current matchmaker, taking those bases in clan wars - unless the clan is doing roster level engineering as well - is generally a bad idea.
    I used to use those bases, but they started becoming a disadvantage so we no longer do. Like you, when the rare time happens that we match with a clan with a base like that we usually have the advantage. I think the problem here is what Kaledonian said: going th10 all the way down to th4. That is very hard for the matchmaker to match even. I bet there are even clans they match with who think HE is the one trying to game the system by having low th4 filler weight at the bottom.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

True, but I still see them more than Id like. I guess Ill have to go to TH11 to get rid of them.
    Hmm. Interesting statement.. If we were to deal in conspiracy theory one might be forgiven for thinking they had been left as a viable roster option for just this reason.

Other than that, I doubt the MMA is looking at hall colour as part of the process..
    Each account will be a series of defensive and offensive values, which are added together to give a final roster value.

It is likely that there are other influences, usually referred to as checkboxes, to try and obtain a fair match (they stated they try to match play styles), but loosely speaking what you bring in regular war is what you get.

Kaledonian has touched on what many believe to be a reason for poor quality matching, including myself..
    Play styles, or rather roster building..
    A tighter roster with balance build halls will generally give a stable like for like spin result..
    Other than that, one is venturing into the rusher/engi zone.

A stretched roster allows the MMA to make a lot of concessions due to the weight and distribution differential between the upper and lower portions of the breakdown.. Not so much top hall to bottom hall, but the general pattern/structure of that roster..
    Roster engineering takes advantage of this randomisation.

Same goes with rusher clans.. Their random development paths also enables the MMA to make too many concessions to give what is numerically and composition wide a similar opponent.

And both of these areas are the food source of those that purposely distort the "normal" matching patterns..
    Engineering is strategic rushing in that it is the missing pieces that create that advantage, and the breakdown is utilised to enable them to take advantage of the matching patterns in a more controlled manner.

Stay tight, stay balanced, and skill will generally be the deciding factor for your wars..
    Triple digit win streaks are only created because of the MMA's accuracy (plus those top engi clans are damned good players)..
    No need to change it, just try to understand it.

New Bloke/Chick
    I think removing engineered bases made base design very one dimensional. Forcing everyone to drop all buildings before you could progress removed a lot of creativity. Never did it myself as I alway want the shiny new toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyla View Post
    Personally, I'll only be impressed at a clan that has a very huge win streak if they manage to win a major tournament as well. I would probably always be more impressed at a clan that has managed to win the world championships versus a 200 win streak clan.
    200! 😯. Id be happy with a 10 win streak!
    Always learning - always listening
    Clash Name : OKanagan #YCQRG92GY
    Clash Clan : Canadian #YV9JP0Q8

I created a handful of engineered bases years ago, when my clan kept getting matched with engineered clans (i.e. one-cannon bases) in "regular" wars (there was no CWL then anyway).

When TH12 dropped, I upgraded all but two of my engineered bases. One of my engineered bases has no other normal defences other than traps, the obligatory cannon (at the highest TH11 level but one, so that I upgrade the cannon for season points), but all traps and hidden teslas are maxed. The other engineered base has the same set up, but it also has maxed "signature" defences - EA, infernos, xbows. Both engineered bases have almost maxed heroes and troops/spells - it took a while as I don't log in to attack, only to donate troops.

I love my 2 engineered bases - reminds me of times gone by. I also have a maxed TH9, which I will eventually upgrade once I have a replacement TH9 - I just love the TH9 laloon with kill squad so much that I need a TH9 just for old times sake!