Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spectators Shouldn't be able to donate for War Attacks

Pro Member
    I spin a war.... my CLAN v Their CLAN
    Its a clan war. Clan v’s Clan. (Not selected 15v selected 15 only).
    Both clans are made up two parts, the Fighters, (the ones in war doing the attacks) and the support crew, the ones not attacking, but who help, they offer support, advise and usually assist with additional fire power.
    Some clans will have access to all this in house. Some clans will outsource additional resources via friends clans/R&G clans, Facebook advice, youtube etc, and Some clan will just not get any of this and attack with what they have in clan.
    So it’s all there, if you want it. I’m sure, if I asked here for a WW for war... I’d have a long list of clans I could get them from if needed.
    If matchup could always produce a fair match, then I’d be fine with the OP idea, but otherwise... it’s not a good idea.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 16 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L60 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L57 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 3700+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65| GW 40 | RC: L11 | Max Trophies: 5000+

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    I see OP's point. A clan without direct access to siege machines has to jump through hoops to get them in order to be competitive in wars. That's a pain. Is it "unfair"? On some level, sure, but the main point is that there is a way around the alleged unfairness, and that clan's situation is only temporary. It's only a matter of time before they have a TH12 and the inconvenience is gone forever.

OP's solution creates more problems than it solves. As I said above, the perceived problem is only temporary. But the "solution" imposes restrictions on other clans that like to run wars with TH11 and below while having access to siege machines from spectators. When two TH11 clans who both use SMs all the time get matched in war, suddenly they wouldn't be able to use siege machines just because OP's start-up clan felt it was unfair and too much of a burden to use a workaround until their situation corrects itself.

But then there are also the "problems" of regular troops, not just SMs. Should a TH9 war be able to receive bowlers from spectators? Should a TH11 war be able to receive headhunters? And what about >L10 clans vs <L5 clans with the advantage of level upgrades upon donation? OP's solution for the SM problem would open up a can of worms of necessary restrictions in the name of fairness. This would remove motivation to upgrade and lead to permamaxing - problems that SC has actively worked against.
    All well said.

I too see the OPís point. I think it is completely valid, although it is not earth shattering. Itís an annoyance. Itís annoying for low level clans to have to jump through hoops and beg in a way that is unexpected. (Emergent gameplay is a wonderful thing, and who predicted reqín leave clans?)

Siege engines do compare with bowler donations to TH9s, but worse is maxed baby dragons for TH3.

I still like my idea of putting all war troops on the war map and only allowing war map people to donate war troops, offence and defence.

True, this would be a step back from the disencouragement of permamaxing. It would support TH10 max war clans, true. Is that a problem? Isnít the permamaxing already fixed by the improvement of top end game play with the quality of TH12-13, which is better than the old problems of max TH11 days?

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    All well said.

I too see the OP’s point. I think it is completely valid, although it is not earth shattering. It’s an annoyance. It’s annoying for low level clans to have to jump through hoops and beg in a way that is unexpected. (Emergent gameplay is a wonderful thing, and who predicted req’n leave clans?)

Siege engines do compare with bowler donations to TH9s, but worse is maxed baby dragons for TH3.

I still like my idea of putting all war troops on the war map and only allowing war map people to donate war troops, offence and defence.

True, this would be a step back from the disencouragement of permamaxing. It would support TH10 max war clans, true. Is that a problem? Isn’t the permamaxing already fixed by the improvement of top end game play with the quality of TH12-13, which is better than the old problems of max TH11 days?
    The big question is how prevalent this is. How many th10 and down wars are no machine vs machine. In the current level of maturity of the game, iimagine most new clans go from group of friends, 3/4 drop out, players that buy in look to find a mature clan.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    I see OP's point. A clan without direct access to siege machines has to jump through hoops to get them in order to be competitive in wars. That's a pain. Is it "unfair"? On some level, sure, but the main point is that there is a way around the alleged unfairness, and that clan's situation is only temporary. It's only a matter of time before they have a TH12 and the inconvenience is gone forever.

OP's solution creates more problems than it solves. As I said above, the perceived problem is only temporary. But the "solution" imposes restrictions on other clans that like to run wars with TH11 and below while having access to siege machines from spectators. When two TH11 clans who both use SMs all the time get matched in war, suddenly they wouldn't be able to use siege machines just because OP's start-up clan felt it was unfair and too much of a burden to use a workaround until their situation corrects itself.

But then there are also the "problems" of regular troops, not just SMs. Should a TH9 war be able to receive bowlers from spectators? Should a TH11 war be able to receive headhunters? And what about >L10 clans vs <L5 clans with the advantage of level upgrades upon donation? OP's solution for the SM problem would open up a can of worms of necessary restrictions in the name of fairness. This would remove motivation to upgrade and lead to permamaxing - problems that SC has actively worked against.
    Thank you for reiterating my point from my 1st post (I think) in this thread about opening a can of worms best left closed.
    Hooefully the op now understands the potential consequences if his/her idea were implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbaru View Post
    I've seen this request being discussed a few times but I don't think it ever was justified the right way.
    Spectators can't donate for the defense clan castles, so why can they donate for attack castles? The idea for this restriction is that someone out of the matchmaking shouldn't be able to influence the war, because this potencially leads to injustices. If the top player in my clan is a Town Hall 10, I don't have access to siege machines, but I can still be paired with a clan who has. This breaks the matchmaking because their attack power is far superior than mine, and this wasn't accounted for when the clans where paired. Every thread on this topic I saw had most replies saying "get a TH12 for your clan as well and problem solved"; but this is a complete absurd. This doesn't solve the problem, it just puts me on the other side of the injustice. Everyone would complain about "minimax" and "no defense" villages a while back (so much that Supercell did something about them), and the same "argument" could apply to this case: "why don't you get a no defense for your clan?". This isn't solving anything, it's just pretending the problem doesn't exist.
    I dont see this making the game fun my guy.... Having no one to donate you specific items is a clan problem not SC

The idea of the game is to grow, this would bug someone that plans to sit a a certain town hall level forever, Its like using a old operating system when theres a upgrade you wont have the best exprience and you made the choice.... You have to move forward.....And from wre I see it the difference is not much

Anyway the better solution would be to set your own war cc defence but then again thats stupid