Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spectators Shouldn't be able to donate for War Attacks

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Global chat comes to mind...
    An automatic shield for a destroyed Town Hall too.

Global chat and exterior town hall sniping were negatives. TH10s having siege engines to speed up play is a good thing.

I’m very sympathetic to the war material having to come from the war party, but TH10s need siege engines to be able to three star TH10s in under three minutes.

EDIT. ... need ... under three minutes ... at a reasonable frequency.
    Last edited by George1971; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:26 AM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    An automatic shield for a destroyed Town Hall too.

Global chat and exterior town hall sniping were negatives. TH10s having siege engines to speed up play is a good thing.

I’m very sympathetic to the war material having to come from the war party, but TH10s need siege engines to be able to three star TH10s in under three minutes.
    I dont recall having seige machines when I went through TH10 and somehow I remember distinctly tripling other TH10s.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I dont recall having seige machines when I went through TH10 and somehow I remember distinctly tripling other TH10s.
    The thing I remember most about 10 was being happy to go to 11 the first time. 11 was easier.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    The thing I remember most about 10 was being happy to go to 11 the first time. 11 was easier.
    100% agreed. I never said i tripled as a Th10 all the time LOL.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    You would remember this, because it was difficult, and quite an achievement.

I did it too, sometimes, rarely. I found it very hard, and when I did it I barely did it before the clock. The clock was a serious problem.

Went through 3 accts that were th10 and th11 before th12 came out. Tripling without any machines. Hell, even now that I'm a max 13, I barely use the sieges in my atks with my th11- account's atks. Do they help? Absolutely. Are they needed? Get good and you won't need them. When newer th lvls get introduced, the meta of the previous th lvl, as well as their base designs, don't change too much anymore. An example is that GoHoBo, a very meta atk years ago, is still a very viable atk at th10 despite its reduced use in th11+.

I feel like this hasn't been addressed yet, but what about different clan levels? Sometimes, lvl5- clans might get matched with lvl10+ clans. Th10 clan or not, the th10s in the lvl10+ clan has 1 or 2 lvl advantage in defense and offense compared to the lvl5- clan. Even if there are no siege machines, the cc with troops basically at th12 get the advantage over cc with only th10 troops, right?

Would you propose then that clan lvl perks shouldn't be counted in war as well in pursuit of fairness?

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathman94 View Post
    Went through 3 accts that were th10 and th11 before th12 came out. Tripling without any machines. Hell, even now that I'm a max 13, I barely use the sieges in my atks with my th11- account's atks. Do they help? Absolutely. Are they needed? Get good and you won't need them. When newer th lvls get introduced, the meta of the previous th lvl, as well as their base designs, don't change too much anymore. An example is that GoHoBo, a very meta atk years ago, is still a very viable atk at th10 despite its reduced use in th11+.

I feel like this hasn't been addressed yet, but what about different clan levels? Sometimes, lvl5- clans might get matched with lvl10+ clans. Th10 clan or not, the th10s in the lvl10+ clan has 1 or 2 lvl advantage in defense and offense compared to the lvl5- clan. Even if there are no siege machines, the cc with troops basically at th12 get the advantage over cc with only th10 troops, right?

Would you propose then that clan lvl perks shouldn't be counted in war as well in pursuit of fairness?
    Max troop levels have gone up which will change results.

I am also surprised that clan level wasn't brought up as part of MM.

Millennial Club
    I'm not gonna lie. I didn't read everything in here. However, I'm thinking that the gist of your complaint is that your clan doesn't have good access to siege machines/max troops. You also said that SC limited defense donations in war to try to fix inequalities.

If your main argument is the first point I made, then it really can't be considered an valid argument. Clash is a community game, and there are hundreds of clans where you can just drop in and request, then head back to your clan and smash a base. Alternatively, you could just rush to th13 on a mini account.
    Squidward>spongebob

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiemonster123123 View Post
    I'm not gonna lie. I didn't read everything in here. However, I'm thinking that the gist of your complaint is that your clan doesn't have good access to siege machines/max troops. You also said that SC limited defense donations in war to try to fix inequalities.

If your main argument is the first point I made, then it really can't be considered an valid argument. Clash is a community game, and there are hundreds of clans where you can just drop in and request, then head back to your clan and smash a base. Alternatively, you could just rush to th13 on a mini account.
    That's essentially what the OP has been repeatedly told in this thread but he rejects the argument simply because he doesn't like it.
    | BK 75 | AQ 75 | GW 50 | RC 20 |

I see OP's point. A clan without direct access to siege machines has to jump through hoops to get them in order to be competitive in wars. That's a pain. Is it "unfair"? On some level, sure, but the main point is that there is a way around the alleged unfairness, and that clan's situation is only temporary. It's only a matter of time before they have a TH12 and the inconvenience is gone forever.

OP's solution creates more problems than it solves. As I said above, the perceived problem is only temporary. But the "solution" imposes restrictions on other clans that like to run wars with TH11 and below while having access to siege machines from spectators. When two TH11 clans who both use SMs all the time get matched in war, suddenly they wouldn't be able to use siege machines just because OP's start-up clan felt it was unfair and too much of a burden to use a workaround until their situation corrects itself.

But then there are also the "problems" of regular troops, not just SMs. Should a TH9 war be able to receive bowlers from spectators? Should a TH11 war be able to receive headhunters? And what about >L10 clans vs <L5 clans with the advantage of level upgrades upon donation? OP's solution for the SM problem would open up a can of worms of necessary restrictions in the name of fairness. This would remove motivation to upgrade and lead to permamaxing - problems that SC has actively worked against.