Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Developer Seth has joined Team Clash of Clans

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #41
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrakakis View Post
    Yes, I did... but, unfortunately, there is a precedent of people joining the CoC team from other teams and then wreaking havoc.
    No there isn't.

I have genuinely never seen the slightest evidence of any one person "wreaking havoc" in CoC. Never mind somebody switching in from another team (which I suspect happens a lot more frequently than you think).

I came across a presentation by Eino a while ago, in which he goes into some detail about his "vision" about the game and his "reforms". I can't remember seeing this presentation advertised on the forum anywhere, and I wonder why this was the case.
    It was discussed fairly extensively here.

It wasn't "advertised" here because, while many of us found it very interesting, the gaming community was not the target audience. It was presented at a conference, where the target audience was other games companies and related professionals.

Here is the thread where it was discussed, with a link to the video in the first post:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ttle-Pass-Eino

.. Many of the deeper issues CoC is facing today can be traced back to that presentation, I think.
    Such as?

I don't actually even know what these "deeper issues" you refer to may be, never mind why they relate to what he said there.

Props to him for dealing with the exponential increase of the upgrade costs, but that was about the only point I was in agreement with. Everything else I found worrying.

I am concerned that Seth is about to do something similar.
    So you may have read what Darian said, but have chosen to completely ignore it in favour of your own speculation.

PS It is a pity I cannot find this video on YouTube now. If you know which one I mean, could you upload the link? It was like a talk, a slide presentation to a gaming conference or something, I don't remember the details.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Yes, I did... but, unfortunately, there is a precedent of people joining the CoC team from other teams and then wreaking havoc. I came across a presentation by Eino a while ago, in which he goes into some detail about his "vision" about the game and his "reforms". I can't remember seeing this presentation advertised on the forum anywhere, and I wonder why this was the case... Many of the deeper issues CoC is facing today can be traced back to that presentation, I think. Props to him for dealing with the exponential increase of the upgrade costs, but that was about the only point I was in agreement with. Everything else I found worrying. I am concerned that Seth is about to do something similar...
    I watched Eino's presentation submitted to GDC and couldn't find the source for "many of the deeper issues CoC is facing today". Would you please enlighten me? Thank you.

BTW, for those who missed it, I posted an excerpt of an interview in which Eino discussed the long-term challenges facing Team CoC to sustain the game.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...stain-the-Game
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:14 AM.
    Supercellís CEO on its majority owner Tencent, finding its next hit, and more
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...t-hit-and-more

Even Darth Vader can join as developer, no one would care

Just keep adding new content, keep fixing bugs/issues and ban waves should be more often( not once in a blue moon), giving modders/botters time to add max accounts in their account army via buying/farm bots.

If we share details here, its against name and shame rule

if we share it with support, they send copy-paste answers,

by the time, even if they even ban those accounts

those bunnies already will have bought many mid-max th13 accounts

SC's investigating teams are chasing tails in an infinite loop
    Th 13 Accounts 75/75/50/20||75/75/50/20||67>68/75/50/20

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by helldestroyer View Post
    Even Darth Vader can join as developer, no one would care...
    LOL, I almost spit out my tea onto the monitor. I'd like to think Supercellians and their players have some standards of conduct and will reject a mass murderer as their co-worker, a horrible human being who gave in to his rage and killed children in the Jedi Temple.

I just can't watch the closing scene in "The Return of the Jedi" in which Anakin, Obiwan, and Yoda are standing together smiling without feeling physically ill.

So I'm supposed to forget what happened in Episode Three when Anakin went on a killing spree? Great job, Lucas. Not.

The prequels derailed the Star Wars franchise, IMO.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:55 AM.
    Supercellís CEO on its majority owner Tencent, finding its next hit, and more
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...t-hit-and-more

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #45
    Yes, I did... but, unfortunately, there is a precedent of people joining the CoC team from other teams and then wreaking havoc.
    That's a lot of silliness as we've never publicly shared when someone changes teams. The only reason Seth's move is noted is simply because he's a rather public figure. But the general public has no idea how many people may have come and gone on any team.

Many of the deeper issues CoC is facing today can be traced back to that presentation, I think.
    That video was shared on the forums and was extensively discussed for quite a while. But to address your comment, any systemic issues that may be present in the game is not the result of a single person.

One of the unfortunate consequences of being a public figure is that you end up being the target of the community when things aren't going the way you want. Simply because he has the title "game dev" because the general layman doesn't know how responsibilities are delegated in game development, it's easy to assume "he's the source of your ire".

In reality, very few individuals on a game team ever have that much responsibility to make such changes. While some people are more specialized in their field and their advice carries more weight, all decisions are weighed and made by the team as a whole - good or bad. As an example, a server engineer is more likely to be listened to regarding server optimization than anything I might advise.

I'm not a server programmer and wouldn't know the first thing about server optimization. However, if one of the game texts needed a 'dad joke' type pun, obviously I'm the one they turn to. Or if the team needed a strategy on how we wanted to create some buzz around some content.

The same goes with game design. While the designers (and we have multiple designers on the Clash team) have more say in balance changes and game features, we all weigh in to discuss the changes after multiple playtest sessions, etc. While it's understandable you may want to assign blame to one person, as it's a naturally human emotional response it simply isn't correct.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    One of the interesting things about Supercell is that even though each game team operates individually, it's fairly common for members of a team to move to other teams. Just a few examples:

Eino - Formerly Boom Beach lead, now Clash of Clans lead
    Ryan - Formerly Boom Beach CM, now Brawl Stars CM
    Drew - Formerly Boom Beach CM, now Royale CM
    Frank - Formerly Community/Support lead, now Brawl Stars lead

Even the Clash team is now largely made up of individuals who came from other teams initially. People move to the team where they can best utilize their specific skillset. What makes Seth's move notable is simply because he's always been a public-facing individual.

Nothing is changing on the Clash team as we still have the same focus and plans as we've been working towards. Bringing someone from another team doesn't mean more Royale troops will be added to Clash. It just means we're excited to have Seth on the team and we can't wait to share what he's working on. But we're not ready to reveal that just yet.
    Eino is love Darian, please don't replace him from vids.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    That's a lot of silliness as we've never publicly shared when someone changes teams. The only reason Seth's move is noted is simply because he's a rather public figure. But the general public has no idea how many people may have come and gone on any team.

That video was shared on the forums and was extensively discussed for quite a while. But to address your comment, any systemic issues that may be present in the game is not the result of a single person.

One of the unfortunate consequences of being a public figure is that you end up being the target of the community when things aren't going the way you want. Simply because he has the title "game dev" because the general layman doesn't know how responsibilities are delegated in game development, it's easy to assume "he's the source of your ire".

In reality, very few individuals on a game team ever have that much responsibility to make such changes. While some people are more specialized in their field and their advice carries more weight, all decisions are weighed and made by the team as a whole - good or bad. As an example, a server engineer is more likely to be listened to regarding server optimization than anything I might advise.

I'm not a server programmer and wouldn't know the first thing about server optimization. However, if one of the game texts needed a 'dad joke' type pun, obviously I'm the one they turn to. Or if the team needed a strategy on how we wanted to create some buzz around some content.

The same goes with game design. While the designers (and we have multiple designers on the Clash team) have more say in balance changes and game features, we all weigh in to discuss the changes after multiple playtest sessions, etc. While it's understandable you may want to assign blame to one person, as it's a naturally human emotional response it simply isn't correct.
    I will printout the bottom four paragraphs. Some quality advice Darian thank you.