Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Developer Seth has joined Team Clash of Clans

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep

Developer Seth has joined Team Clash of Clans

So I was reading the Clash Royale subreddit and learned that Seth has left Team CR to join Team CoC. Then I verified it by reading Seth's Twitter timeline.

"The office is very collaborative, people move around all the time -@RLighton, @drewbian, @rick_c_official, @Frank_Supercell,@jumpeioki etc have all been on multiple teams - I didn't think a big announcement was needed but lesson learned! I'll tweet if/when it happens again
    https://twitter.com/Seth_Supercell/s...13848977383425

Hey! As some have noticed, I have been working on @ClashofClans for a while now! The Clash and Royale teams have been working together a lot more (Lost and Crowned, Esports, etc) and there was an exciting project I could help with, so I've been on Clash for a few months already
    https://twitter.com/Seth_Supercell/s...13844904714252

I know about Seth from this 2019 interview which I'll excerpt:

"Having a long-term view for everything helps so much," he said. "I feel like when you're chasing short-term goals, you can end up stepping on your own toes. But by always thinking, 'These games are going to be around for ten-plus years, so we're going to do this now, we're going to do this next year, we're going to do that the year after that,' that helps keep you from rushing too fast and burning yourself out."

For Allison and his team that means, when it comes to decisions like those involved in the next update, sometimes the biggest and most exciting ideas don't end up being the best.

"Design space is like the environment. You have to manage: How many trees in the forest can you cut down? It's easy to be like, 'We need a lot of fuel right now, so let's just cut down half the forest.' But then you find yourself a year from then going, 'Oh, man, we're out of trees.'

The thing that's nice about knowing you're going to be around for the better part of a decade or more -- Supercell's never closed a global game so theoretically these games are going to be around for 20 to 30 years -- is that you can be deliberate and intelligent about each step forward you want to make. You don't feel that pressure to, 'Oh my God, we have to rush out the next big thing.' That long-term view helps sustainability."
    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...y-at-supercell

Thank you Seth for sharing the fascinating insight. I hope you'll enjoy your journey as you help develop CoC.

BTW, are you interested in making the rounds and joining Team Hay Day sometime in the future?

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    September 29, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:15 AM.
    Supercellís CEO on its majority owner Tencent, finding its next hit, and more
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...t-hit-and-more

Yes saw that on Twitter. We could probably see Seth in the dev videos now

i wish seth work on pvp/builder base aspects

Is Seth any good ?

Expect more Clash Royale troops to come to Clash of Clans

Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    No thanks, please

Quote Originally Posted by hadhiM View Post
    i wish seth work on pvp/builder base aspects
    SC has stated they are not working on BB, so that wouldn't seem to be a good idea, now would it ... or just a looooot of coffee drinking

Millennial Club
    Super troops is a means to bring clash royale troops which they were not able to bring before

I would have agreed with you if you said" a few " instead of " more " .

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    One of the interesting things about Supercell is that even though each game team operates individually, it's fairly common for members of a team to move to other teams. Just a few examples:

Eino - Formerly Boom Beach lead, now Clash of Clans lead
    Ryan - Formerly Boom Beach CM, now Brawl Stars CM
    Drew - Formerly Boom Beach CM, now Royale CM
    Frank - Formerly Community/Support lead, now Brawl Stars lead

Even the Clash team is now largely made up of individuals who came from other teams initially. People move to the team where they can best utilize their specific skillset. What makes Seth's move notable is simply because he's always been a public-facing individual.

Nothing is changing on the Clash team as we still have the same focus and plans as we've been working towards. Bringing someone from another team doesn't mean more Royale troops will be added to Clash. It just means we're excited to have Seth on the team and we can't wait to share what he's working on. But we're not ready to reveal that just yet.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.