Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Asking for a better deployment bar..... Again

Question Asking for a better deployment bar..... Again

Can the clan castle spell be combined if it's the same? In this example the rage spell

Proposed Solution discussed further below:

Edit: Different Spell levels

Also can the extended deployment bar be improved... It's really bad.

Can it be resized, resizable, better laid out, user arrangeable?

4 years no decent solution? Anyone from the team??

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...tion?p=6935204
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dongiovanni; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:25 PM. Reason: my solution

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Or you could cook the 3 rages yourself and request the 2 freeze spells. That way you will have the rages combined into the same slot and will have 1 less slot on your bar in this example.

The issue with combining the 3 freezes into 1 slot like proposed is that ideally players will want control on whether to use the CC spell first or last. In some cases you want to use the CC spell first (to help a clan mate doing a spell donation challenge) in less active clans you might want to save that CC spell as long as possible unless itís necessary to use.
    etc.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Or you could cook the 3 rages yourself and request the 2 freeze spells. That way you will have the rages combined into the same slot and will have 1 less slot on your bar in this example.

The issue with combining the 3 freezes into 1 slot like proposed is that ideally players will want control on whether to use the CC spell first or last. In some cases you want to use the CC spell first (to help a clan mate doing a spell donation challenge) in less active clans you might want to save that CC spell as long as possible unless it’s necessary to use.
    etc.
    Also it's not guaranteed that the donated rage spell will be the same level as the cooked spells in your army, in which case they must be separated
    | BK 75 | AQ 75 | GW 50 | RC 20 |

Pro Member
    Agree the deployment bar needs work. Merging the donated spell probably isn’t the way given they won’t always be the same level.
    Making it smaller would be bad, having used items removed would also be bad (as has been suggested in other threads).
    I think the best solution which I know has been mentioned before (including in the OP post, is an arrangeable bar, where I can move the troops and spells and arrange them in the most probable order of deployment based on my plan.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 16 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L60 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L57 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 3700+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65| GW 40 | RC: L11 | Max Trophies: 5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post

Also if people decide to use the extended bar it'd be nice to have the women on top
    King and warden having priority over the ladies is nuts. No pun intended.

But it'd be nice if we could switch around the spell order. Esp with those headhunters, it's weird having to scroll back and forth looking for spells..

If the donated spell isn't at the same level I can understand.
    Last edited by dongiovanni; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:31 PM.

This gives me an idea. Mix two of the same spells with one housing space and it will create a stronger, long lasting spell, however it will equal 2. for example: The new lightning spell + another new lightning spell = the old lightning spell but stronger. new freeze + new freeze = Old freeze with bigger radius and longer lasting then the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by dongiovanni View Post

But it'd be nice if we could switch around the spell order. Esp with those headhunters, it's weird having to scroll back and forth looking for spells..

Another suggestion is having the deployment bar decrease in size after deploying troops. I've had issues in the past with having to scroll left and right looking for troops and spells, that does interfere with your attacking...

Quote Originally Posted by LemonCream099 View Post
    Another suggestion is having the deployment bar decrease in size after deploying troops. I've had issues in the past with having to scroll left and right looking for troops and spells, that does interfere with your attacking...
    Imagine the button you are trying to click moving one space to the left just as you almost click it. Instead of dropping troops, you spam your spells into the grass. I would be in favor of a icon size option to shrink the bar. The remove icons as you use them doesn't appeal. From what i recall, the devs and some (i assume) of their testers tried that option and it was not considered to be a good experience.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

I use the extended deployment bar on my tablet and the regular one of course on my phone. I do think there can be improvements to both, but they work fine as is. I’d like to be able to resize or anchor the bar to the top or sides of the screen. To me, the only noticeable flaw of the EDB, which could be improved by being able to move the bar to a different edge or resize it, is having to pan/zoom appropriately to see the action or set up a funnel obscured by the bar. The regular one is only painful when having to scroll, and I’ve only experienced that pain when messing around with a highlander-style army comp.

It would be nice to use the EDB on my phone too. I think it would work out better than scrolling due to having a different aspect ratio than my tablet.

I don’t think stacking your spells and donated spells is an adequate solution, because there is good reason to keep them separate even if the same type/level, namely I want to know which one I’m using. My spells are always reliably queued up to be replaced when used while obtaining a new donated spell takes a slight bit more effort (a request and another person or switching to a mini).

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    ... a highlander-style army comp.

.... there is good reason to keep them separate even if the same type/level, namely I want to know which one I’m using.
    whats a highlander style comp?

Here's my Solution:

I feel like it wouldn't be an issue knowing which spell is left to be deployed. They could just change the icon.
    E.g. 3 rage spells
    2 of my own
    1 donated to clan castle.

By default my 2 rages get used, then the last rage would be the clan castle rage spell.

See example below:

And this way it wouldn't matter what level the spell is, it'd just show at the bottom.. Less back and forth in the deployment bar.

In addition to re-arranging spells

So Queen Walk/ Charge Hogs, Hybrid could be arranged as:

Rage, Poison, Freeze (to deal with CC)
    And Heal for hogs
    Last edited by dongiovanni; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:37 AM.