Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Asking for a better deployment bar..... Again

Quote Originally Posted by dongiovanni View Post
    whats a highlander style comp?
    “There can only be one!” is a quote from the movie series “The Highlander” involving immortals engaging in duels to the death. I’ve never actually seen any of them, but the same idea was used back when I played Magic: The Gathering where you could use only one of any given card other than basic lands.

In Clash of Clans, it means one of each troop and one of each spell (then fill with whatever to max capacity for troops and remove a couple spells to fit). The result is your deployment bar is super long, and on a mobile phone, that means you’re furiously scrolling to get everything deployed. I haven’t tried it using the extended deployment bar.

The first time I maxed out my th13 (thus far) I used this kind of army for a while. It was surprisingly effective for having no cohesive strategy other than setting a funnel and spamming like you’re dialing on a rotary phone.

Also, nice animation. I see you included it in your first post as well, but I somehow missed it. Did you make that?

The concept is good as long as the clasher is aware duplicate donated spells will be the last ones used. That would work even if the levels are different.
    Last edited by toofinedog; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:07 AM.

Merging spell is bad idea as not every clan recive max spells sometimes we required specific max spell to destroy some buildings and itís possible that players do not have max spell in his own army. Eg: max lighting,eq received in cc to destroy specific level of air defense. In this case merging spell will be difficult to use cc spell.
    If it is like cc troops hold to see which spell we want to use from merge spell it will take time and sometimes it will be difficult to quickly drop spell as well.
    Best solution to deploy bar IMO is to allow customize it. We can select which edge we want to keep our spells. Another edge where we can use troops and one edge for cc and seiges. eg: left side of edge siege machines and cc troops, right side of edge spells and bottom side troops. Middle of the screen will be enemy base. Ik it will be slightly smaller but we can easily drop spells troops. And itís totally customized so everyone can adjust as per them needs. They can used it in current state as well and customize it as i have mentioned above.
    Last edited by Chitrang98; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    “There can only be one!”

Also, nice animation. I see you included it in your first post as well, but I somehow missed it.
    Got it

Yea, i just slapped it together in photoshop a while ago. Included it in the first post for the TL;DR crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitrang98 View Post
    Merging spell is bad idea as not every clan recive max spells sometimes we required specific max spell to destroy some buildings
    Fair enough, but i feel like people should be checking spells and stuff before attacking anyway?

Also in the settings, i think by default; Show Only Relevant Reinforcement Requests is turned on. So a th7 wouldnt see your TH13 request for Siege Barracks or certain level spells. So if you need max lightning and only got lvl 7 instead, thats kinda your fault... and you wouldnt be able to destroy xyz building based on the hitpoints.

I get what you're saying though.
    Last edited by dongiovanni; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:27 AM.

Forum All-Star
    I would very much like to try smaller buttons. The double row big buttons took up way too much space.

I use a stylus. I could work with much smaller buttons.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
    Here's my Solution:

I feel like it wouldn't be an issue knowing which spell is left to be deployed. They could just change the icon.
    E.g. 3 rage spells
    2 of my own
    1 donated to clan castle.

By default my 2 rages get used, then the last rage would be the clan castle rage spell.

See example below:

And this way it wouldn't matter what level the spell is, it'd just show at the bottom.. Less back and forth in the deployment bar.
    I feel there are two potential issues with that.

First, if the spells are different levels, you may want to use the different one first (Usually you will want to use the higher one first, but there can be reasons for using lower spell first if the CC one is the lower).

Second, there are cases where you might want to use the donated spells first, if a clanmate is doing the spell donation challenge in Clan games or season pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I feel there are two potential issues with that.
    Best answer i can give; an option to change which spell you want to use first.

Perfect example would be changing the Warden from Air to Ground or Wall wrecker to Stone Slammer/ Blimp, etc. Do the same thing for similar spells but different levels.

I doubt Pro/ semi-pro players would be using weak spells to attack.

The casuals, newbs and people who dont benefit from Clan Perks may want this option

I agree with you and take it one step further as mentioned earlier, allow us to arrange boxes so we deploy in sequence rather than scrolling

Signature thanks to TerMinus Prime, ask for yours
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...Minus-Prime-TP

See attached.

However i only think this is useful when the spell levels are different. Otherwise you dont need the arrows to change the spell order.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #19
    See attached.

However i only think this is useful when the spell levels are different. Otherwise you dont need the arrows to change the spell order.

Between 4 heroes and all their abilities, the GW toggle, siege toggle and deploying spells and army I donít think Iím fond of even more toggles on the screen.

Besides you only address the level issue but lots of people will want to make the choice whether to use CC spell first or last etc. Players want that control.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Between 4 heroes and all their abilities, the GW toggle, siege toggle and deploying spells and army I don’t think I’m fond of even more toggles on the screen.

Besides you only address the level issue but lots of people will want to make the choice whether to use CC spell first or last etc. Players want that control.
    Ok. Well, they could always add it in More Settings > Advanced settings. Use the Old Layout or this suggested layout (giving you; the player control of the layout) ?

The spell arrangement is solved in my opinion. Remember, if you have your Warden set to ground and search for bases to attack.. its gonna be set to ground by default. If you change him to Air, all the following searches he'll be set to Air. Same for Clan Castle/ Siege Machines.

You can do the same for spells. Switch to CC spells first then all your searches after will have that by default unless you change it.

The reason i suggested we use our spells first and then CC spell, is because donations maybe difficult to get or people might not be online etc. So you might want to save it for later

But in any case i think enabling more Settings/ Advanced settings could solve that.

Combining spells: [Enable/ Disable]

Autofit Deployment Bar:

etc
    Last edited by dongiovanni; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:06 PM.