Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What’s your highest war win streak?

Quote Originally Posted by ExploringGalaxy View Post
    I never complained. Am saying one will face a lot bigger mismatches if one is heading towards a big streak. Try yourself you will get to know.
    Two of my clans have win streaks of: 101 and 66, what you say isn’t true at all. You just got outplayed by a better clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post
    Technically they're not mismatched.
    Not sure what the "technical" definition of "mismatch" is for you, but in my mind an EVEN match gives each clan 50% chance of winning... which takes into account everything involved (account development, player skill, clan level, player activity, etc).

If you flipped a coin 500 times and it came up heads every time, you surely wouldn't argue that it was a fair coin. The odds that the coin is fair is approximately 3,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0

And I'm not joking. That's approximately 2^500. A 3 followed by 150 zeroes.

So these clans haven't been matched up with opponents who have an even chance of winning, therefore they are mismatches.

I'm wondering why these high-streak clans aren't being matched with each other causing them to reset each other's streaks to 0 once every month or two. That's what happens to everyone else, isn't it?

Sandy
    TheCrimsonKeep (#JQVJVUR): Serious war clan. th12+. Adults, supportive and friendly. Always improving.
    TheCrimsonKeep2 (#GVVU90VU): Casual war clan. Balanced th7+. Takes a day off between wars.
    TheCrimsonGate (#8J9QVPRCQ): Feeder to TCK and TCK2. Recruiting th10+.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy2 View Post
    Not sure what the "technical" definition of "mismatch" is for you, but in my mind an EVEN match gives each clan 50% chance of winning... which takes into account everything involved (account development, player skill, clan level, player activity, etc).

If you flipped a coin 500 times and it came up heads every time, you surely wouldn't argue that it was a fair coin. The odds that the coin is fair is approximately 3,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0

And I'm not joking. That's approximately 2^500. A 3 followed by 150 zeroes.

So these clans haven't been matched up with opponents who have an even chance of winning, therefore they are mismatches.

I'm wondering why these high-streak clans aren't being matched with each other causing them to reset each other's streaks to 0 once every month or two. That's what happens to everyone else, isn't it?

Sandy
    Your definition of a match that either side has a 50/50 chance of winning depends on all factors being equal. Imagine if The definition of an even basketball game was Based on height alone. If all players on both sides are 6’-6”, then by that definition, it is an equal match despite one team having never played the game before. Th matchmaker is much like that, it takes many things into account but misses others. Streakers take advantage of that and although matches appear equal (at least by the standards SC uses), they are not equal at all.

IMO, the streak that can be had by not intentionally working the MM is likely very small, likely 30 or less. Higher than that and it is a testament to that clans skill at working the MM to their advantage.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:38 AM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by JtB View Post
    Two of my clans have win streaks of: 101 and 66, what you say isn’t true at all. You just got outplayed by a better clan.
    When I said it was a mismatch then how can you say we got outplayed by better clan ?

I know you are feeling jealous. And you are telling a lie, actually you are building loosing streaks in 2 clans of 101 and 66, gd luck and keep loosing
    Last edited by ExploringGalaxy; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:01 AM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by ExploringGalaxy View Post
    I checked first 2, they are not doing wars so they made streak long back when it was much easier. Even if long streak clans are out there then as we discussed earlier they were engineered clans which fight with matchmaking system rather than opponents. We just spin a regular war with our best anti 3 bases and try to 3 star every base. So mismatches are possible as we go higher, thats reality mate.

You said in another post about a week ago that you got your streak by utilizing 10v10 all permamax TH11s. There are many who would consider that fighting the MM rather than fighting opponents and not even close to “regular” wars.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

But that's not what the matchmaker does. There's no direct weighing such that matches can fall to either side with a 50/50 probability. Thus a mismatch can't very well be defined as a match with a skewed probability in favour of either clan.

A mismatch is one where the matchmaker does something dramatically different/unexplained relative to the expectation.
    Just finished CWL? Post your data here:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ght-compendium

You don't think that people's expectations of the matchmaker pretty much start and stop with it giving fair matchups? Isn't that its one and only job?

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a dictionary definition of the word "mismatch" that allows for flaws in whatever matchmaker maybe be involved. I get that some people consider gaming the matchmaker to be a valid part of this strategy game, and it's hard to argue against that. But successfully gaming the matchmaker by no means mean the matchup cannot be labelled a mismatch.

And while I don't want to get further into semantics, I think most people (who AREN'T gaming the matchmaking system) would agree that they hope the Clash war matchmaker will give them a fair opponent, one who could beat them but one whom they could also beat, depending on who has the best day on the field. The 500+ clans in a row that were beaten by the clans in question don't seem to have been given that chance because the matchmaker failed to take into account enough of the variables that typically factor into the outcome of the matches.

Sandy
    TheCrimsonKeep (#JQVJVUR): Serious war clan. th12+. Adults, supportive and friendly. Always improving.
    TheCrimsonKeep2 (#GVVU90VU): Casual war clan. Balanced th7+. Takes a day off between wars.
    TheCrimsonGate (#8J9QVPRCQ): Feeder to TCK and TCK2. Recruiting th10+.

Forum Elder
    You don't think that people's expectations of the matchmaker pretty much start and stop with it giving fair matchups? Isn't that its one and only job?

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a dictionary definition of the word "mismatch" that allows for flaws in whatever matchmaker maybe be involved. I get that some people consider gaming the matchmaker to be a valid part of this strategy game, and it's hard to argue against that. But successfully gaming the matchmaker by no means mean the matchup cannot be labelled a mismatch.

And while I don't want to get further into semantics, I think most people (who AREN'T gaming the matchmaking system) would agree that they hope the Clash war matchmaker will give them a fair opponent, one who could beat them but one whom they could also beat, depending on who has the best day on the field. The 500+ clans in a row that were beaten by the clans in question don't seem to have been given that chance because the matchmaker failed to take into account enough of the variables that typically factor into the outcome of the matches.

Sandy
    I dont really disagree with anything you state. i simply described what the MM does and how the gamers play it, that doesnt mean I endorse it or play that way myself. I think winstreak is pretty much meaningless but that doesnt mean it isnt important to others.

I dont support any claims by streakers about an unfair match however since I dont believe they are in any position to complain when they are intentionally benefitting from mismatches. All that being said, it isnt against ToS.

Sandy
    The only matches I consider "mismatches" are where, all else equal, one side has no shot at winning/tying. In our clan these do happen but are very rare and usually only happen in lower th wars. From my experience watching the engies work many of their matches are like this. However there are some where the opponent could win or tie, but they don't because they are casual/noob clans and just don't have the skill. Usually when the streakers lose it's because someone hunts them down or they are enough like another streaking clan to be matched up.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:55 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH9-13
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 50/50/20 heroes/near max d
    TH12 - doug 60/65/40 heroes

Sandy
    I cant go into specifics or detail.. that would be unfair to Sam and Major, whom were courteous enough to invite me to take a look..
    So will deal simply in generals..

Back in 2016/17 the lop sided engi onslaught caught fire..
    It was entirely the blame of SC (apart from the fact that folk were willing to sell their soul in order to win), when they inadvertently considered defense to be the fulcrum on which wars were balanced..
    Fair assumption, if everyone was advancing their accounts in a fairly balanced way..
    So they devoted matchmaking to defense only..

Unfortunately for them, humans are a resourceful animal, and being predatory by nature, any advantage will quickly be capitalised upon..
    Those with a sharp mind and keen eye soon saw a ready made advantage within the system, and the defenseless base was born..
    We also have a perfect means of communication in the form of Community Forum..
    6 months later, and the war scene was a mess..

All it took was a max hall anchor, and the win was virtually guaranteed.. The engi clan would win by 1 star, usually with a perfect.

Thankfully SC reacted (eventually, after 2 years) with the build all policy.. Not great early doors, but with some tweaks and 2 new halls, lop siders can only feed on low hall clans now (and no longer en mass due to the secondaries)..
    The other thing they did, was fix the MMA..

Now, in order to match, not only do the weights have to be similar, but they also have secondary checks for matching compatibility..
    So, where does this place the engi clan?..

The weights have to match, same as rusher, perma, and balance build clans..
    The match has to satisfy the secondary checks, same as any other build type..
    So where does the advantage come from?..

That advantage is a mix of knowing how matching patterns work, how the weighting scale works, especially additions whereby the results can be skewed (weight isnt linear) due to missing or stunted growth, and commonality within a targeted play style/weight bracket..
    They usually target rusher/ noob clans, so tailor the weight and break down to match as a rusher/noob clan..
    Wolf in sheep's clothing..
    The manicuring, experience, and superior playing skill takes care of the rest.

But as a further small insight, in order further remove some of the cynicism..
    You no longer have 11s with max heroes matching with TH8s, like the old days..
    With the current MMA, if you bring a heavy anchor, then you are going to draw a heavy anchor..
    Base advantage per account can be slight, and non existent in some areas on the map..
    But given the opponent levels and experience, then even with mirror matching, the war would already be a given on prep day..

Heck, when I was playing around with the MMA at the mini, I used balanced bases, and most wars were a perfect..
    The trick with these guys, if it is a trick, is that they also know how to stop the opposition from doing likewise..
    Most oppo simply give up after a while.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:05 PM.