Results 1 to 7 of 7

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: For the sake of fair-play

  1. #1
    Senior Member eitiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    379

    For the sake of fair-play

    Please add the option to start a friendly war with a substantially reduced scouting time.

    For example, have an option about reducing the scouting time to something like 30s (legends league-like), or 3 minutes (so you have time to prepare a custom army and request troops). Maybe a few minutes more so the team has time to decide who hits what.

    The overall war duration would stay the same, but if a base is scouted, a result has to be logged within the prescribed scouting time + 3m30s.

    The idea is that, this way, no cheating may happen during the competitive event.

    I don't care about regular wars, just the friendly wars which are used to play ESL and other Competitive events.
    Last edited by eitiel; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:27 PM.

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    This could only possibly have any effect on what you don't care about, while having absolutely 100% zero chance of ever being considered as a slight possibility for where you actually want it.

    But then there already is no chance of cheating in ESL, so doing this wouldn't even be of any use there.

  3. #3
    Forum Elder toofinedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,426
    Iím not very familiar with friendly war settings, but canít you lower the duration of prep and war days if youíre really interested in giving less time for scouting.

    This idea seems very punitive to players for no good reason. Thereís no data Iím aware of showing the propensity for ESL gamers to cheat in competitive Clash of Clans events. If there was, itís probably extremely low or we would have heard about it somehow, and even at that rate, how much effort goes into this idea when it can go elsewhere for something that affects all players instead of a tiny percentage of a percentage.
    Last edited by toofinedog; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:16 PM.

  4. #4
    Pro Member Tonyla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    623
    Cheating? You mean when you use a common internet base and don't want the opponent to look up the base layout/3 star replays and prepare beforehand? I don't see how else "cheating" would be able to occur. In terms of modding and sandboxing the base, there is only an hour to scout and hit in 5v5 wars so it wouldn't be that effective anyways.

  5. #5
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyla View Post
    Cheating? You mean when you use a common internet base and don't want the opponent to look up the base layout/3 star replays and prepare beforehand? I don't see how else "cheating" would be able to occur. In terms of modding and sandboxing the base, there is only an hour to scout and hit in 5v5 wars so it wouldn't be that effective anyways.
    Agreed. I would love to hear what kind of cheating the OP is concerned with because I dont see any here.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  6. #6
    Senior Member eitiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    This could only possibly have any effect on what you don't care about, while having absolutely 100% zero chance of ever being considered as a slight possibility for where you actually want it.

    But then there already is no chance of cheating in ESL, so doing this wouldn't even be of any use there.
    Ehm. Right now, I believe there is no chance of cheating in the World Championships, now that it's known that players have to be on webcam all the time.

    I don't think there is webcam monitoring of players for the other ESL tournaments/cups/events, so it _may_ be possible to cheat there, even if the event only lasts 30 minutes. About the how, we aren't allowed to discuss cheating here.

    The thing is, I want to believe the players who made it to the tournaments have improved their skills by hard work.

    About the OP, I think it may be useful for some event where the organizers want to award the best legend-league attacker, so not necessarily an awful idea.
    Last edited by eitiel; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:50 PM.

  7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by eitiel View Post
    Ehm. Right now, I believe there is no chance of cheating in the World Championships, now that it's known that players have to be on webcam all the time.

    I don't think there is webcam monitoring of players for the other ESL tournaments/cups/events, so it _may_ be possible to cheat there, even if the event only lasts 30 minutes. About the how, we aren't allowed to discuss cheating here.

    The thing is, I want to believe the players who made it to the tournaments have improved their skills by hard work.

    About the OP, I think it may be useful for some event where the organizers want to award the best legend-league attacker, so not necessarily an awful idea.
    Ok, I didn't know ESL did other tournaments - I was only talking about the World Championships there. And normally those are done at an offline venue, where all the players have to be physically present. In current times, that isn't practical, but the webcam monitoring has a similar effect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •