Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Dear chief

Yes, i was thinking the same. That this ad was intended to attract former player to return to the game

Just say I’ve been inactive for 2 years and returned from the ad just to see whether to commit or not then I see load of cool stuff like statues, skins, backgrounds etc. Then you ask how do you gets these items just to be told you might not see them again since they’re from a one off event since you were inactive or maybe one day they’ll release it gem based purchased but no promises. To some it maybe quite discouraging to commit after returning.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazelgraze View Post
    Just say Iíve been inactive for 2 years and returned from the ad just to see whether to commit or not then I see load of cool stuff like statues, skins, backgrounds etc. Then you ask how do you gets these items just to be told you might not see them again since theyíre from a one off event since you were inactive or maybe one day theyíll release it gem based purchased but no promises. To some it maybe quite discouraging to commit after returning.
    How will common players like us know what and when will it come.
    Do you want us to give false information
    Last edited by Ullaspn; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ullaspn View Post
    How will common players like us know what and when will it come.
    Do you want us to give false information
    Prime example of sometimes when you post here, someone is bound to snowflake for no reason and take the whole thing out of context.

.... you ask how do you gets these items just to be told you might not see them again since they’re from a one off event since you were inactive or maybe one day they’ll release it gem based purchased but no promises. To some it maybe quite discouraging to commit after returning.
    Or, can that be an incentive for them to return, stay and remain active this time? Let us say all prior skins, one time statues, special obstacles, etc. were always available via the shop. Players could leave, come back, catch up, then leave again just to repeat months later. No incentive to stay and then remain active. I suspect their goal is to have those players return and remain engaged, not just return to yet leave again. They come back, covet what they missed out on and conlude "Not going to let that happen again, this time I will stay active so I do not miss out"!

Prime example of sometimes when you post here, someone is bound to snowflake for no reason and take the whole thing out of context.
    What more could he say?..
    SC release upgrades and special offers, usually with only a few days notice.

It is good that folk are returning to the game, but the stuff that was previously released is long gone..
    Not sure what you are after with the original comment.. "To some it maybe quite discouraging to commit after returning".

They cant back date those offers, as there are many that didnt leave and are also asking for a second chance..
    And if they offer everyone a second chance, then it is no longer an "exclusive offer", as advertised at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Or, can that be an incentive for them to return, stay and remain active this time? Let us say all prior skins, one time statues, special obstacles, etc. were always available via the shop. Players could leave, come back, catch up, then leave again just to repeat months later. No incentive to stay and then remain active. I suspect their goal is to have those players return and remain engaged, not just return to yet leave again. They come back, covet what they missed out on and conlude "Not going to let that happen again, this time I will stay active so I do not miss out"!
    totally agree, there are ppl who just genuinely donít care about the non essentials. I prob just speak for myself here, I pretty much have everything to date so far maxed base and everything, minus a few statues. For whatever reason if I leave for a period of time I will realistically know I have lost out on a lot of cool stuff and need to be catching up on those 2 week+ upgrades and heroes etc. Though Iím not singling out coc as many games have timed offers, Iím just saying if I missed out on too much and thereís too much to do to catch up, I may return just to say hi to existing clan members (if they havenít kicked me) but I previous played long enough to understand the gist of the game and the time commitment it demands to progress, very unlikely Iíll recommit as I previously had. I repeat I just speak for myself as any other player. If players do return and commit Iíll be genuinely be happy for sc.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Yep, everyone in the marketing department should lose their livelihood, be unable to feed their families, all because JohnnyPC didn't like the video.
    This answer will be my favorite forum post from now on