Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: I want revenge but... when?!?

I want revenge but... when?!?

I never ever found an opportunity to revenge: even when I get the attached red handed and I watch them destroying my village I can never revenge. They’ve got always the shield on.
    It’s almost magical. It would be nice if I can get revenge at least in that situation right away, no matter the shield. Or ‘book’ a revenge and get a notification once their shield expires....
    The revenge button at the end of the day is not very useful as it is designed at this moment.
    Do you have stats on how many ppl use it?
    Cheers,
    Sam

What is your trophy level? In lower leagues, revenge is very available and very common. For my TH9 in Gold, I have revenged 12 of the defenses in my log. I did a spot check of a couple potential revenges just now and the bases are available. For me, the revenge button is very useful.

Bases are made available to multiplayer attacks about 5 minutes before revenge attacks. This is to prevent win trading in the higher leagues.

Your idea to be able to revenge through a shield has been proposed a ridiculous number of times and it is shot down every time. It's a very bad idea. How many attacks do you do in a day? Let's assume it's 10. How would you like it if you go to bed that night and wake up to 10 revenge attacks through your shield?

Forcefully revenge attacking an opponent no matter the shield will make shields be useless. This is exactly what the game developers don't want.

One scenario where this would be a nightmare is when the season is about to end and I buy a shield as I'm in legends league and I'm a low town hall. So I want to add/get more legend trophies to my profile but then I get attacked regardless of the shield I bought and lose that opportunity to get more legend trophies and it leaves me frustrated. I'd get very angry because the gems I saved up to use were completely useless in that case.

Another scenario is when I buy a two hour guard for attacking so that I push enough trophies and attacks to get to legends league. My guard is about to end with about 6mins left and I can squeeze in one more attack to get into legends. I'm missing about 5 trophies, but then I get attacked immediately and lose 30 trophies. I'd get furious because my gaurd has not yet ended and I was close to getting to legends league, but I'm now further away than I was before because I can get attacked at any time no matter what.

Revenge attacking people successfully mostly has to do with being right on time and to be consistent when wanting to revenge attack people. I'd hate for the game to notify the people I attacked as to when my guard runs out and I go offline.

This issue is like old legend league cloud issue. I think this issue will not be solved for a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkeep View Post
    I never ever found an opportunity to revenge: even when I get the attached red handed and I watch them destroying my village I can never revenge. They’ve got always the shield on.
    It’s almost magical. It would be nice if I can get revenge at least in that situation right away, no matter the shield. Or ‘book’ a revenge and get a notification once their shield expires....
    The revenge button at the end of the day is not very useful as it is designed at this moment.
    Do you have stats on how many ppl use it?
    Cheers,
    Sam
    I proposed I option that allows you to buy revenge at a certain cost.... You wont actually be buying revenge but a notification on when the the base goes out of shield

And You cant buy one if there is a booking already

And will have a limit of how many buys you can get a day (1 maybe 2) cause then it limits people from flooding one base for revenge...which would make its useless as the current one

Quote Originally Posted by Nash1414 View Post
    I proposed I option that allows you to buy revenge at a certain cost.... You wont actually be buying revenge but a notification on when the the base goes out of shield

And You cant buy one if there is a booking already

And will have a limit of how many buys you can get a day (1 maybe 2) cause then it limits people from flooding one base for revenge...which would make its useless as the current one
    Absolutely not. A shield is a shield. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Absolutely not. A shield is a shield. Period.
    Sorry I dont get you

What do you mean a shield is a shield when this only applies when a base is not on shield

Its just a PUSH NOTIFICATION that lets you know when is the shield going down and you and you can book to be the only player to revenge it when it goes off shield how does that affect shields again?

Haha we are here trying make the game better but cant help but notice others are here to criticize ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Nash1414 View Post
    Sorry I dont get you

What do you mean a shield is a shield when this only applies when a base is not on shield

Its just a PUSH NOTIFICATION that lets you know when is the shield going down and you and you can book to be the only player to revenge it when it goes off shield how does that affect shields again?

Haha we are here trying make the game better but cant help but notice others are here to criticize ideas
    So you buy a notification when a base has become available to revenge? OK, sorry, I thought you were buying an ability to break a shield to revenge.

From the ruled out list:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...POSTING-%2A%2A

Graphical Interface Related:
    • Revenge list indicate online/shielded or currently attackable without having to click each person’s button

If SC doesn't want to track if a base is shielded/unshielded and show that to you, I doubt they are going to want to set up a push notification to tell you that either.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    Supercell quite deliberately set it up so that a base does not become available for revenge until it has been in the multiplayer pool for 5 minutes. Which in the higher leagues, if the base is worth attacking, usually means it has a shield again before it would be released for revenge.

This was done originally to prevent win-trading at the top, which is now irrelevant with the way Legends works, but I still doubt they are going to change it.

And they certainly aren't going to give you a push notification when it becomes available for revenge - as pointed out above, an indicator of whether it is available is ruled out, and this would be an extension of that.