Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Getting more and more frustrated

If you're having a problem with difficulty, use edrags or yetis with a yeti blimp. Ez 2 stars
    My biggest accomplishment in life is probably finishing 1300 global in September 2020.
    I have a YT that I post on occasionally. There's some cool stuff.
    IGN: BlackJack | Reckoned Rebel | Level 227

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    So all those Micro changes combined or accumulated, you don't think is enough to increase the 3 star rate of pro level, but it's enough to help the 3 star rate of casual players? I still don't get how it could happen.

Are you saying that casual players have the ability to take advantage of micro changes while pro players can't? If anything, pro players should have better ability to take advantage of such micro changes for their benefit.

Yes, it's an example, but it still doesn't explain how micro changes could impact casual players 'more' than pro players.
    It doesnt have to be a “more”. Lets say regular folks are running a TH13 three star rate at 15% right now and lets say pros are running 40%. A small change to bring regular players to 20% (+5%) would bring them a lot more enjoyment. That same change however might bring pros to 50% (+10%). Regular players feel it is more achievable and pros still view it as competitive. These are examples only, I dont know the actual % off hand but I used those % to demonstrate the point. The intent is not to make it so easy lower down that the pros are 100% three starring.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
    Maybe take a one-two month long vacation from the game ? Then play the game with a fresh mind.
    "VICTORY GOES TO THE BRAVE OF HEART.AND TO JACKO.WAIT,THAT'S ME!!!"

Not actually me,though.That would be so cool....so cool.
    Check the out wiki for clearing some common doubts,trust me it'll help.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    It doesnt have to be a “more”. Lets say regular folks are running a TH13 three star rate at 15% right now and lets say pros are running 40%. A small change to bring regular players to 20% (+5%) would bring them a lot more enjoyment. That same change however might bring pros to 50% (+10%). Regular players feel it is more achievable and pros still view it as competitive. These are examples only, I dont know the actual % off hand but I used those % to demonstrate the point. The intent is not to make it so easy lower down that the pros are 100% three starring.
    I understand it's an example (you had been saying that many times), but it still doesn't prove how micro changes could benefit casual player and keep it as challenging for pro players. I don't think 50% 3 star rate for pro players is anywhere near "still challenging". Unless of course you are saying you doesn't care much about 3 star rate of pro players.

See you are selling you point as if it's possible to make micro changes to help casual players while keeping the challenging level for pro players pretty much similar, but in your example it isn't the case. And you also couldn't give an example where SC made micro changes into the game to help casual players while keeping the difficulty level for pro players pretty much the same, yet you believe they have the ability to make it happen. This is an over-expectation on your part.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:25 AM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    I understand it's an example (you had been saying that many times), but it still doesn't prove how micro changes could benefit casual player and keep it as challenging for pro players. I don't think 50% 3 star rate for pro players is anywhere near "still challenging". Unless of course you are saying you doesn't care much about 3 star rate of pro players.

See you are selling you point as if it's possible to make micro changes to help casual players while keeping the challenging level for pro players pretty much similar, but in your example it isn't the case. And you also couldn't give an example where SC made micro changes into the game to help casual players while keeping the difficulty level for pro players pretty much the same, yet you believe they have the ability to make it happen. This is an over-expectation on your part.

It may be an over expectation but my ability or lack of ability to show an example does not mean it is not possible nor that it hasnt occured. Agree to disagree since it is all speculation anyways and Sc holds all the cards.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I understood that pretty well and I agree that it should change the way as you mentioned.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #97
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDMan View Post
    I've seen it here, Reddit, and Discord: Max O + funnel should = 3stars. I'm glad the game doesn't work like that.
    You may have seen it on reddit or discord, but you certainly haven't seen it here.

Nobody here is asking to be able to triple all the time, or even most of the time.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #98
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDMan View Post
    You don't have to put in as much effort as a pro, but the amount of effort and time committed to becoming better will be reflected in your 3star success rate.

For as long as I can remember...the forum has always complained about the last townhall being too difficult
    This is true. It has been the case since TH10 was the final one.

FWIW, I think balance for TH13 is in a better position than TH10 was in those days, and significantly better than TH11 was for most of the time it was top TH.

But it could still be improved slightly.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash9778 View Post
    At this point i think players of th 13 who are not getting 3 stars will chose 2 options. 1.they will leave the game or 2. Doing war from th 9 th 10 i.d. so i think if supercell will not make balance in offence it will be hard for them to survive.
    You forgot by far the most common option - just continue playing, knowing that a good 2 stars is a decent result.

There is a fixation with three stars on this forum that I don't think is shared by the mass of the player base. I haven't once heard anybody in my clan complaining that triples are too rare, and we have currently 16 Th13s.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #100
    Quote Originally Posted by homer3142 View Post
    There is absolutely no way to tweak success rates for casual players without much larger ramifications for the pro players. Pros who study the game for hours and know every mechanic in and out will obviously take much more advantage of any minor tweak than casual players who treat this like a game and not a job. I really wish that Supercell would look at implementing sliding difficulty scales based on CWL tier, or specific to pro tournaments. Many other games have sliding difficulties to account for gaps in player skill, and I honestly don't see any other way to have challenging pro tournaments without continuing to drive casual players to quit. A few players in my clan have quit or rarely show up online anymore, because attacking is too difficult and they don't find the game fun anymore
    This really isn't feasible or practical for Clash, regardless of what other games may do.

The only way you could have changes in "difficulty" would be to have different stats or numbers for either defences or for troops. And as soon as you start doing that, the normal game is no longer suitable practice for the "hard" game in those tournaments.