Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Getting more and more frustrated

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    You are changing the goal post. You were suggesting little changes that impact lower guys and keeping it challenging for top players, now you are saying you are confused with the heartfelt concern for the top 0.1%. You were the one with the heartfelt concern for the 0.1% in the first place. Then you backed off when you couldn't explain how.

I do agree the game shouldn't be based on 0.1%. But there is no way to make some changes that won't impact top players. These are 2 facts on 2 different things.
    Perhaps i havent been clear. I do not want the game balanced only for the top .01%. Nor do I want it balanced only for those of us who are not god status. I believe that it can be made a teeny bit easier for regular folks and not turn it into a three star fest for the pros. I have never suggested that Any changes made lower down will allow the top to remain unchanged. I have actually stated the opposite quite consistently.

Those who believe that a balance between pros and non-pros cannot happen are free to do so, as I am free to disagree with their opinion.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Pro Member
    I think that many players have an over expectation for 3 stars. We see all the YouTube guys and their 3 stars made easy videos often using bases perfect for the strategy on show. Then we watch the pro guys in the worlds getting 3 stars but forget that these guys often get together, review all the bases in the war, collectively strategise a plan to get the job done. This gives us the feel that 3 stars is expected.
    Then we come on line, look at a base, work out how we can make one of the [x] number off attack strategies we can do fit the base, and feel inadequate when we fail to 3 star.
    I know this a generalisation and some put more effort into planing then others.... but I do think that a 100% maxed base should be very hard to 3 star. And the higher up you get (esp in CWL), not only are the bases all maxed/close to maxed, but the build skills and build planing also is stronger making bases even harder to get that 100%

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 16 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L60 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L57 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 3700+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65| GW 40 | RC: L11 | Max Trophies: 5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Perhaps i havent been clear. I do not want the game balanced only for the top .01%. Nor do I want it balanced only for those of us who are not god status. I believe that it can be made a teeny bit easier for regular folks and not turn it into a three star fest for the pros.
    It can be done without nerfing defenses. Adding 30 seconds to scout and 30 seconds to raid would make it a teeny bit easier, and it would buff the 3star rate. Would that be enough?

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDMan View Post
    It can be done without nerfing defenses. Adding 30 seconds to scout and 30 seconds to raid would make it a teeny bit easier, and it would buff the 3star rate. Would that be enough?
    I dont believe I suggested anything with regard to either LL or raiding. But to answer your question, I think it would be Easier to balance utilizing a defensive nerf rather than an offensive buff. Scout time means nothing as I was not referencing raiding. 30 seconds Added to attacks, either on war, cwl or raiding would break the game.

For those that think a teeny adjust is not possible let me give an example to demonstrate: Let’s assume that SC changed the scatter dps by dropping it 1 point per second. That would make it a teeny bit easier but would certainly not cause the pro level three star rate to Rise by 40%. Is it enough of a change? Likely not. But it can change A bit at a time until a better equilibrium is found. I am suggesting changes at the micro level and slowly over time rather than a macro change that breaks the game.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:21 AM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

I dont believe I suggested anything with regard to either LL or raiding. But to answer your question, I think it would be Easier to balance utilizing a defensive nerf rather than an offensive buff. Scout time means nothing as I was not referencing raiding. 30 seconds Added to attacks, either on war, cwl or raiding would break the game.

For those that think a teeny adjust is not possible let me give an example to demonstrate: Let’s assume that SC changed the scatter dps by dropping it 1 point per second. That would make it a teeny bit easier but would certainly not cause the pro level three star rate to Rise by 40%. Is it enough of a change? Likely not. But it can change A bit at a time until a better equilibrium is found. I am suggesting changes at the micro level and slowly over time rather than a macro change that breaks the game.
    But..ScatterShot is the signature defense for TH13. It doesn't make sense to nerf it...and nerf it...and nerf it...until it becomes average.

Example or not.

I thought we were talking about itsy, bitsy changes. Nerf the Hidden Teslas, nerf the sweepers, mortars, cannons. Killing a major defense, right away, or over time, is not a tiny adjustment.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDMan View Post
    But..ScatterShot is the signature defense for TH13. It doesn't make sense to nerf it...and nerf it...and nerf it...until it becomes average.

Example or not.

I thought we were talking about itsy, bitsy changes. Nerf the Hidden Teslas, nerf the sweepers, mortars, cannons. Killing a major defense, right away, or over time, is not a tiny adjustment.

So what part of the word “example” did not make sense to you? Adjust whatever other defense you like, I really dont care. It isnt the scattershot I am focussed on despite your best efforts to make it about that one thing. Reduce all the arch towers by 1 dps if you prefer, or cannons, or bombs, or wiz towers, Pick something. That is the point of saying “as an example”.

So what part of the word “example” did not make sense to you? Adjust whatever other defense you like, I really dont care. It isnt the scattershot I am focussed on despite your best efforts to make it about that one thing. Reduce all the arch towers by 1 dps if you prefer, or cannons, or bombs, or wiz towers, Pick something. That is the point of saying “as an example”.
    YOU specifically mentioned scatters in a couple of your posts. Anywho, we're spinning in circles.

Goodnight

TL DR

All i can say is..

The higher Clan War League level you are, the more pressure you'll get. If your clan don't want to get too much pressure on 3 starring, Drop the League. Or if you just want to play casually without having to face difficult opponents, join clans that are in lower league level.
    Last edited by EdwardEG; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:25 AM.
    Clan leader of CITATS #PG080UQ

Thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...t-tracker-clan

Millennial Club
    Town hall 13 will become easy when town hall 14 will arrive as pro will move to next town hall, like how it is now in town hall 12.
    Galadon was saying multiple times in his recent video that offense is too strong in town hall 13
    Last edited by Ullaspn; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:27 AM.

Millennial Club
    For those that think a teeny adjust is not possible let me give an example to demonstrate: Letís assume that SC changed the scatter dps by dropping it 1 point per second. That would make it a teeny bit easier but would certainly not cause the pro level three star rate to Rise by 40%. Is it enough of a change? Likely not. But it can change A bit at a time until a better equilibrium is found. I am suggesting changes at the micro level and slowly over time rather than a macro change that breaks the game.
    So all those Micro changes combined or accumulated, you don't think is enough to increase the 3 star rate of pro level, but it's enough to help the 3 star rate of casual players? I still don't get how it could happen.

Are you saying that casual players have the ability to take advantage of micro changes while pro players can't? If anything, pro players should have better ability to take advantage of such micro changes for their benefit.

Yes, it's an example, but it still doesn't explain how micro changes could impact casual players 'more' than pro players. If you think SC is able to do such micro changes, then give a past example where SC make some micro changes and it helped casual players more than the pro level. Keep in mind, I don't think the how the game changes should only based on 0.1% pro players, but expecting micro changes to help casual players more than pro players is just doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:53 AM.