Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 241

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Getting more and more frustrated

  1. #71
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,703
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDMan View Post
    I believe the culmative effect of those changes would be more than "very small".
    Nerfing the defense, in any matter, "might" cause a 3star inflation at the top of competition. How do you combat that?
    I didnt suggest doing both of them and i didnt suggest either being the “right answer”. They are examples only. Let the devs figure out how to make tiny tweaks, they are likely ina far better position to do them correctly and still keep it challenging up top without making it quite so hard lower down.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  2. #72
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    There are many ways I am sure but my first step wouldnt be to touch offense at all. I would nerf defense somewhere, just the tiniest of bits. reduce the toilet trap by .5 secs...drop the dps on scatters by 5...soMething very small.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDMan View Post
    I believe the culmative effect of those changes would be more than "very small".
    Nerfing the defense, in any matter, "might" cause a 3star inflation at the top of competition. How do you combat that?
    Yes, there is no way to make changes so small that top players aren't affected at all while affecting casual players. If the changes are enough to increase the 3 star rate for most casual players, then all the more it increased the 3 star rate of those at the top.

  3. #73
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I didnt suggest doing both of them and i didnt suggest either being the “right answer”. They are examples only. Let the devs figure out how to make tiny tweaks, they are likely ina far better position to do them correctly and still keep it challenging up top without making it quite so hard lower down.
    That's not a realistic expectation.
    How do you keep it challenging up top without making it quite so hard lower down? Can you give an example of the past changes (buff or nerf, defense or offense) where it's making easier for lower guys but at the same time the pretty much same level of challenges for top players?

  4. #74
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaganzza View Post
    I'm at the point to really considering of stop playing with CoC. The last couple of months I rarely tripled a base in cw or cwl (I'm playing in champ 3 with my clan).

    ......
    Yesterday me and my friends went to the bar to celebrate the recent five-game winning streak of clan war. And more, there was no 1 star play in the last game. I guess we will soon promotion to Crystal 1 in CWL.


    I think I find the problem. What you complain about is CW and CWL, which means that your clanmates are too powerful, so that your opponents are also not bad. But you have to compare with these people, no wonder you got frustrated.

  5. #75
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    Yes, there is no way to make changes so small that top players aren't affected at all while affecting casual players. If the changes are enough to increase the 3 star rate for most casual players, then all the more it increased the 3 star rate of those at the top.
    I am confused at the heartfelt concern for the top .01% of all players. I appreciate they are at the top of their game but quite honestly without all the rest of us less skilled, there would be no game for them to play. That being said, I believe the champs 1 3 star rate is nowhere close to 80% right now and as I recall it is very much lower. For the rest of us, if I recall correctly, it is sitting somewhere below 20%. There is no reason that something somewhere cannot be changed that brings the lowers up a few % points and at the same time will not push the pros into 80%.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  6. #76
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    That's not a realistic expectation.
    How do you keep it challenging up top without making it quite so hard lower down? Can you give an example of the past changes (buff or nerf, defense or offense) where it's making easier for lower guys but at the same time the pretty much same level of challenges for top players?
    Very easy. Lightning change was completely huge and changed a lot of things. Th 13 is really balanced now. Anyone that has practiced at all can triple with zap lalo or zap hybrid or zap hogs. That may change as base building changes over time, but right now it's very balanced with any of those comps. Pros use it regularly with great success, and clans like mine triple at least half the time with those strats. Just needs practice, like any other strategy. At least when we fail, we know why (user error), and it certainly isn't game balance.

  7. #77
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    That's not a realistic expectation.
    How do you keep it challenging up top without making it quite so hard lower down? Can you give an example of the past changes (buff or nerf, defense or offense) where it's making easier for lower guys but at the same time the pretty much same level of challenges for top players?
    There is absolutely no way to tweak success rates for casual players without much larger ramifications for the pro players. Pros who study the game for hours and know every mechanic in and out will obviously take much more advantage of any minor tweak than casual players who treat this like a game and not a job. I really wish that Supercell would look at implementing sliding difficulty scales based on CWL tier, or specific to pro tournaments. Many other games have sliding difficulties to account for gaps in player skill, and I honestly don't see any other way to have challenging pro tournaments without continuing to drive casual players to quit. A few players in my clan have quit or rarely show up online anymore, because attacking is too difficult and they don't find the game fun anymore

  8. #78
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    still keep it challenging up top without making it quite so hard lower down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I am confused at the heartfelt concern for the top .01% of all players. I appreciate they are at the top of their game but quite honestly without all the rest of us less skilled, there would be no game for them to play. That being said, I believe the champs 1 3 star rate is nowhere close to 80% right now and as I recall it is very much lower. For the rest of us, if I recall correctly, it is sitting somewhere below 20%. There is no reason that something somewhere cannot be changed that brings the lowers up a few % points and at the same time will not push the pros into 80%.
    You are changing the goal post. You were suggesting little changes that impact lower guys and keeping it challenging for top players, now you are saying you are confused with the heartfelt concern for the top 0.1%. You were the one with the heartfelt concern for the 0.1% in the first place. Then you backed off when you couldn't explain how.

    I do agree the game shouldn't be based on 0.1%. But there is no way to make some changes that won't impact top players. These are 2 opinions on 2 different things.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; September 22nd, 2020 at 03:36 AM.

  9. #79
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by homer3142 View Post
    There is absolutely no way to tweak success rates for casual players without much larger ramifications for the pro players. Pros who study the game for hours and know every mechanic in and out will obviously take much more advantage of any minor tweak than casual players who treat this like a game and not a job. I really wish that Supercell would look at implementing sliding difficulty scales based on CWL tier, or specific to pro tournaments. Many other games have sliding difficulties to account for gaps in player skill, and I honestly don't see any other way to have challenging pro tournaments without continuing to drive casual players to quit. A few players in my clan have quit or rarely show up online anymore, because attacking is too difficult and they don't find the game fun anymore
    Statistics are completely opposite to your experience. Attacks in the past are more difficult than they are now. Your friend bravely passed through harder times, but felt pain in more comfortable days?

  10. #80
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilt1027 View Post
    Very easy. Lightning change was completely huge and changed a lot of things. Th 13 is really balanced now. Anyone that has practiced at all can triple with zap lalo or zap hybrid or zap hogs. That may change as base building changes over time, but right now it's very balanced with any of those comps. Pros use it regularly with great success, and clans like mine triple at least half the time with those strats. Just needs practice, like any other strategy. At least when we fail, we know why (user error), and it certainly isn't game balance.
    You example didn't answer the question, but it proved my point even more. The fact that pros use it regularly with great success means that it isn't challenging for them. There is no way to make changes to help casual players without impacting the challenge level for pro players.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; September 22nd, 2020 at 03:32 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •