Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Getting more and more frustrated

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDMan View Post
    I've seen it here, Reddit, and Discord: Max O + funnel should = 3stars. I'm glad the game doesn't work like that.
    You may have seen it here and on Reddit and on Discord. That does not mean that the folks you are responding to have said it. In fact, they have been very specific in saying that it needs to be only a teeny bit easier, not even close to a gimme three star. Most folks here think the same as you and are glad the game doesnt work that way, nor do they want it to.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:30 AM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Its a game. Not a job. For regular players. I can't spend hours doing fcs. I dont have spotters watching over my shoulder. I dont jump through hoops to have two super troops available the same time. I'm fine with practicing and trying different things. But if I have to put as much effort into it as a job to have a decent chance of threes, its no longer fun. I dont expect to be a pro player that can 3 star any base with a queen walk and a few goblins. However, I dont expect 3 stars to be rare as a blue moon either. I didnt sign up for war college. If the gulf between hard core and casual players at the top town hall level continues to widen, the casuals will fade away.
    You don't have to put in as much effort as a pro, but the amount of effort and time committed to becoming better will be reflected in your 3star success rate.

For as long as I can remember...the forum has always complained about the last townhall being too difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    You may have seen it here and on Reddit and on Discord. That does not mean that the folks you are responding to have said it. In fact, they have been very specific in saying that it needs to be only a teeny bit easier, not even close to a gimme three star. Most folks here think the same as you and are glad the game doesnt work that way, nor do they want it to.
    I agree, most people have said they'd like it to improve by a small amount, but how? How do you buff the offense in a manner that improves the 3star rate for casuals, without making it too easy for pros?
    Last edited by KingDMan; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:39 AM.

At this point i think players of th 13 who are not getting 3 stars will chose 2 options. 1.they will leave the game or 2. Doing war from th 9 th 10 i.d. so i think if supercell will not make balance in offence it will be hard for them to survive.

Millennial Club
    Personally I feel the game balance in terms of 3 star rate is quite good at TH13. Not saying average, I am saying for me specifically. The meta at TH13 seems to benefit my attack strategy with the addition of RC. But not so much at TH12, where I couldn't grasp the meta and I couldn't get close to 50% 3 star rate. What I meant is that 3 star rate depends individually on each player skills set, strategies, the bases they hit, their clan strategy, and it is different individually for each person. You could get an average 3 star rate, but it is just an average, there are likely players (other than pros) that could hit better than average.

Now in my case, my Clan is a casual one, and that includes me (I never spend 12 hours in a day to study the game). I consider myself good attacker, but never the pro player (I couldn't 3 star all kind of base). I got an idea what works, what kind of base I should hit, and allowed to have the freedom to hit any base I could triple early into the war. So that increase my individual 3 star rate close to 50%. My Clan is in Master League 1 and 2 these past few months, and we bring full TH13 line ups, so the base I hit isn't a joke as well.

However, my Clanmates at TH13 are struggling to get 3 stars, then for some of TH13 that doesn't have any hint about strategy, just spamming troops, they are getting their fair share of 1 star attacks. Let's not talk about TH13 that doesn't have a hint what they are doing since they haven't try to learn or improve their skills.

For my TH13 Co-Leaders who are regular Legends players, who are experienced war players, they usually get good 2 stars, and probably few 1 star once in a while. The 3 star rate seems to be falling and it doesn't do any good for them in term of game experience. There are few possible reasons. Facing few base design in Legends isn't doing them any good, come war time they are struggling since the base they found in Legends and War are quite different. In my Clan they haven't get the option to choose which base they hit, they just simply hit whatever odd bases are left, so there goes another drop in 3 star rate. But they are not changing their strategy as well in a long time, so I don't think the game need a change. Probably just hang on and wait for TH14 and see how the meta change and help casual players. Additionally, I do agree 3 star should be awarded only to really good attacks, and less of a luck factor.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:01 AM.

I agree, only a great attack should 3 star a max base

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDMan View Post
    I agree, most people have said they'd like it to improve by a small amount, but how? How do you buff the offense in a manner that improves the 3star rate for casuals, without making it too easy for pros?
    There are many ways I am sure but my first step wouldnt be to touch offense at all. I would nerf defense somewhere, just the tiniest of bits. reduce the toilet trap by .5 secs...drop the dps on scatters by 5...soMething very small.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by Braveheartw1 View Post
    I agree, only a great attack should 3 star a max base
    Congrats chief. You have maxed your base. You are in legends. Your reward? You have been cast into the builder base zone. 2 stars shall be your fate. Enjoy.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    There are many ways I am sure but my first step wouldnt be to touch offense at all. I would nerf defense somewhere, just the tiniest of bits. reduce the toilet trap by .5 secs...drop the dps on scatters by 5...soMething very small.
    I believe the culmative effect of those changes would be more than "very small".
    Nerfing the defense, in any matter, "might" cause a 3star inflation at the top of competition. How do you combat that?

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    ...thankfully it's not about money like so many games...
    Games that are close to
    the experience like what Clash of Clans gives. Very very good point. And I'm still traumatized with what I experience on a game I played and invested money on, with money + effort, I can't still win no matter how hard I try and how much money I put into it, so thank you for pointing this out, its a brain refreshing statement to read.

But I do still hope they make some changes to balance the defense and offense for an achievable 3 star, that 3rd star is really psychological for most, its a privilege every body wants to have in return from investing their time and effort in this game. Those Scattershots and most multi-target/AOE defenses are really really demotivating. But I still thank SC for not making this game a Pay-to-win.
    Last edited by maximooze007; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:36 AM.