Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Any chance of reputation being added to hayday general?

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    when rep was implemented on the hay day forum, it was met with a lot of resistance. Hay day forumers felt like it was an unwarranted intrusion and there was much resistance, hostility and a few unfortunate forum rules breaches costing us some valued forumers. It was a very stressful time all around. I don’t think the welcome mat would come out even now
    This is my memory of that time too Wussy and I agree that it would be unlikely to be welcomed now.

Farm Level 188. Town 58.😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymgirl4a View Post
    This is my memory of that time too Wussy and I agree that it would be unlikely to be welcomed now.
    I agree. For those of us who missed it, here's the megatread in the Hay Day subforum with over 400 posts discussing the controversial Forum Reputation System. Please note the tone of the posts.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...utation-System
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:27 PM.
    Supercellís CEO on its majority owner Tencent, finding its next hit, and more
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...t-hit-and-more

Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?
    I read some and skimmed some, and it looked like most of it had to do with negative rep and negative comments. Is that still an issue since negative rep was removed? I guess it would be possible for someone to still write a negative comment on an “upvote”, which is something mods would have to deal with, I suppose. I haven’t heard anything about it for a couple of years, so Idk whether this is still a problem.

Others mentioned feeling obligated to return a positive vote. That...shouldn’t really be the case, but I suppose that’s an individual personality thing.

Someone else mentioned not introducing something without unanimous support. On a forum like this I doubt very much whether anything exists that would have unanimous support, lol. And a lot (certainly not all, but a lot) of the names I saw objecting are names I don’t see on the forums anymore, either.

But, if it isn’t really needed, then I guess it’s not needed?

I’m fine, either way. It seems like even if it’s a positive system, the very mention of it could open a can of worms. :/

Thanks TerM!

Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post
    I read some and skimmed some, and it looked like most of it had to do with negative rep and negative comments. Is that still an issue since negative rep was removed? I guess it would be possible for someone to still write a negative comment on an “upvote”, which is something mods would have to deal with, I suppose. I haven’t heard anything about it for a couple of years, so Idk whether this is still a problem.
    I hope it's no longer an issue. If I were to upvote a post and leave a comment which breaks forum rules, I don't think the forum moderators would ignore my comment because it came with an upvote. It'll be Hammer Time for me.

IIRC, some forumites abused the FRS and the forum moderators learned about it and reset the offenders' reputation points to zero. We wouldn't know about the abuse until a forum moderator informed us to warn us about gaming the FRS.

Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post
    Someone else mentioned not introducing something without unanimous support. On a forum like this I doubt very much whether anything exists that would have unanimous support, lol.
    Indeed, given the controversial nature of FRS, I don't think that there will be universal support, much less unanimous support. It's like asking the HD subforum if we love or hate an update.

If the forum moderators need an agenda item for future Zoom meetings, I'd like to suggest discussing FRS with only upvotes and comments enabled in the HD subforum. Thank you and good luck.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    September 26, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:51 PM.
    Supercellís CEO on its majority owner Tencent, finding its next hit, and more
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...t-hit-and-more