Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Please improve clan war matchmaking

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    So how exactly would you know that there are more mismatches and that mismatching is intentional and how do you know that there is a lack of players? Why do you think exact matching was ever possible, let alone not possible in the 2020s?
    Because of my experience of playing this game.
    Its not 100% correct but most of them are according to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ExploringGalaxy View Post
    But 2222 has already stated why they cant do hall matching..
    it would create perma maxing of halls, so that clans would at worst never be at a disadvantage, and in most cases give the clan a massive advantage..
    Indeed, it would create an environment no better than the one cannon wonder fiasco of a few years ago.

They use full roster weight when searching for an opponent.. With IMV additions that assist in finding an opponent that utilises a similar play style/roster break down.

The weighting scale for each hall seems to be set so that as one hall reaches max, the next halls weights are kicking in, and possibly with a little overlap.. This creates a scenario whereby anyone fully maxing a hall is running the risk of pulling "next hall up".. Most noticeable if bases at the top of the roster are maxing out accounts that arent top hall (th13 at the moment).

It would be impossible to match rosters base for base.. Always has been..
    They match as closely as possible tho, and avoid severe mismatches in the 2020's, hence why a roster that is too uncommon will time out after 24 hours without a match.

Clans running multiple top end accounts in their roster are likely to be running the biggest risk of a bad match up..
    Since most of the weight is contained within a top hall, then running multiple top halls will reach a point whereby no matter what else is contained within the roster, top halls are fully controlling the spin weight, as well as anything else running in the background..
    So eventually, it will simply be looking for another clan that is doing likewise..
    There should be plenty of power to cover the entire map, but the opposition may have a greater or lesser amount of them.

It is only an algorithm to match clans within a pocket game.. A game with 13 halls, and a plethora of variables within each hall, both offensive and defensive..
    Considering this, and remembering where we came from, they are doing okay.

All just my opinion of course.. And much of it built up by reading other posters experiences.
    3 years ago I didnt even know there was a match maker, so my opinion will likely be flawed in places, and maybe even completely wrong.

Forum Elder
    Ok, so it is only your opinion and not factually based. Gotcha.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14
    Exactly, it looks intentionally as they always match some th higher than other. I know there are lack of players now (due to removal of global and bringing gold pass which is just a money grab) so exact matching isn't possible in 2020's...
    Why do you believe (you certainly don't know ) there might be a lack of players?

While the removal of global may have caysed some to leave, I don't believe it to be nearly enough to cause a lack of players overall. And the gold pass has been an excelkent addition, which has greatly increased the enjoyment for many. It certainly isn't "just a money grab". It is only so popukar becahse kf the perceived value.

Exactly, it looks intentionally as they always match some th higher than other. I know there are lack of players now (due to removal of global and bringing gold pass which is just a money grab) so exact matching isn't possible in 2020's...
    They don't always match one hall higher than another, it isn't intentional when they do and exact matching was never possible.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

simply epic.

/thread

Crab Claw
    In regards to the TH12/TH13 debate, it's well known there's an overlap between weights.

See for example the distribution from this (tiny) sample:

You can see, that at least for defensive weights, there are alot of TH13s that can weigh the same as a maxed TH12. How much, if any, overlap there is in offense I don't know. But I think this highlights the problem of especially top halls getting "mismatches".
    Last edited by Munitor; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:33 AM.
    Just finished CWL? Post your data here:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ght-compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post
    In regards to the TH12/TH13 debate, it's well known there's an overlap between weights.

See for example the distribution from this (tiny) sample:

You can see, that at least for defensive weights, there are alot of TH13s that can weigh the same as a maxed TH12. How much, if any, overlap there is in offense I don't know. But I think this highlights the problem of especially top halls getting "mismatches".
    The overlap mentioned previously doesnt ascribe to individual accounts, as they are simply numerics, so as an upgrade completes or a new defensive value is added by a drop, it simply increases by x amount..
    So the value of an account jumping from th11 to 12 will increase due to that giga.. but a 12 jumping to 13 may not, if they decided to make GT5 at 12 the same as GI1 at 13.

These values are standard for all accounts throughout the game, which means there would be no overlap if those numbers were all that was in play.
    If it were the case, then rushing would once again become the all conquering force in weighted matching, because boundaries would give so much more for your money.

But there is a lot more than the basic numbers at play, and the MMA is not likely to even differentiate between hall colours..
    So the secondary checks that crunch and distort the numbers, sort the patterns, and look for the matching similarities is where the overlaps occur..
    The diversity between the accounts, with varying degrees of completion between hall jumps, all come together to give a match made in heaven, or a reason to come to community forum.

Edit.. My view on the 12/13 matching problems, is partly that there was no "weight buffer" introduced with the 13 drop.. A few of us thought this soon as the hall dropped..
    But it is also, in my view, a culmination of the diversity within the accounts, coupled with there being so many halls now.
    In a mixed hall war, the clan with the more advancement per account is likely going to feel short changed with the spin, without breaking down the individual accounts to see why the match was made.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post
    Yep, and that is the case with other hall levels too. It has never been a good idea to go to war with a max hall at your top spot that is not the max hall in the game, at least not if you want win streaks. Those players over the years often have come here to complain when their max th11 faces a clan with a th12 on the other side, but they seem to forget the times their max th11 faced a clan with a th11 that wasn't max on the other side. You have to take the bad with the good when it comes to running a roster like that, and that is not a good thing if you want win streaks.

It isn't like the system would be better if they always matched another clan with a th11, thus giving that max th11 an advantage very often since the other clan's th11 is likely not maxed. Also, players can fix the problem: upgrade. If you are sitting with a max or close to max account that is lower than 13 at the top of your war roster, upgrade it. It will help you for regular war and CWL.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Yep, and that is the case with other hall levels too. It has never been a good idea to go to war with a max hall at your top spot that is not the max hall in the game, at least not if you want win streaks. Those players over the years often have come here to complain when their max th11 faces a clan with a th12 on the other side, but they seem to forget the times their max th11 faced a clan with a th11 that wasn't max on the other side. You have to take the bad with the good when it comes to running a roster like that, and that is not a good thing if you want win streaks.

It isn't like the system would be better if they always matched another clan with a th11, thus giving that max th11 an advantage very often since the other clan's th11 is likely not maxed. Also, players can fix the problem: upgrade. If you are sitting with a max or close to max account that is lower than 13 at the top of your war roster, upgrade it. It will help you for regular war and CWL.
    There are plenty of examples where non-maxed TH(x) at the top matches a clan with TH(x+1). Our baby clan just finished a loss where the opponent perfected us because they ran with a mid level TH9 (heroes 22/10 and 62K gold weight) at the top while we had two mid level TH8 (50K and 48K) at the top. There is something in the matchmaker that is not preventing these top end mismatches that can ruin wars. Do I expect it to change? Not really because it encourages exactly what Supercell wants and that is people to upgrade their TH.

The problem this can cause, however, is a proliferation of new players who don't learn attacking fundamentals where many longer term players spent a lot of time. This will lead to burnout as these new players get frustrated with their inability to attack well even though they appear to be pretty advanced base-wise.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH9-13
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 50/50/20 heroes/near max d
    TH12 - doug 60/65/40 heroes