Thread: Why does the clock tower still pause during maintenance?

Pro Member

Why does the clock tower still pause during maintenance?

The pause made sense when the boost could be used to speed up your army cook time, but now its primarily a resource boost and doesn't affect your gameplay at all.

In such a scenario why pause the boost? If you don't remember to resume it, it stays paused unless you remember to resume and that's a pain for those with max bb who just run clock tower to get some free gems.
    IGN : Hotshot007 Clan : Goonsquadelite
    TH Level : 11 BK/AQ/GW Level: 50/50/20
    Walls: Maxed.

I always boost first thing in the morning, which is also a common time for maintenance breaks. I've been bit by this more than once. I boosted, logged off, didn't know a maintenance happened, then found a paused clock tower like 12 hours later. The bright side is that boosts reset every 22 hours, so I can essentially make up for that lost time over the next several days. But that's a pain; I have to set an alarm to remind me to boost during the day.

The only reason I can think of to pause the boost is for people who have a build or research finishing during the boost and they want to immediately start a new one to take advantage of the second portion of the boost. I'm betting that case is very rare, so I agree with OP: Do away with the pause.

Because they want you to be able to control it.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giorgakis View Post
    Because they want you to be able to control it.
    Control what? It makes sense on home village for a training boost to pause but you don't see a resource boost with a pause button do you? Isn't the clock tower essentially a glorified resource boost at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot007 View Post
    Control what? It makes sense on home village for a training boost to pause but you don't see a resource boost with a pause button do you? Isn't the clock tower essentially a glorified resource boost at this point?

Yes it is a resource and upgrade boost. It doesn't affect your attacking at all.

It's not only the clock tower. You can see all the other potion effect, boosts being paused during a maintenance break.

Centennial Club
    I think a better fix would be changing the reset to 22:XX hours after you start the boost, instead of 22 hours after it ends.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivank380 View Post
    It's not only the clock tower. You can see all the other potion effect, boosts being paused during a maintenance break.
    Don't believe it affects resource potions. My point being that clock tower should also be the same as that's mostly what it does.

Source: https://supercell.helpshift.com/a/cl...ntenance&p=web

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot007 View Post
    Don't believe it affects resource potions. My point being that clock tower should also be the same as that's mostly what it does.

Source: https://supercell.helpshift.com/a/cl...ntenance&p=web
    The article you linked mentions resources collectors being paused which is not a case here mate. What I'm taking about is all the boosts ie power potion, resource potion, etc.
    As the link says, normal resource collection through collectors (without a potion) doesn't gets paused.