Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: So what about healer targetting?

  1. #11
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,181
    Basically it's easy for Healers to switch from healing AQ to healing GW, but it's many times harder for Healers to switch back to healing AQ.

    It is caused by a combination of Healers view range (6 tiles), Healer heal range (5 tiles), AQ attack range (5 tiles) and GW attack range (7 tiles).
    With this in mind, GW is most of the time standing 2 tiles behind AQ.
    When Healers switch from AQ to heal GW, Healers will be flying 5 tiles behind GW, and it means 7 tiles behind AQ. At this point, AQ is already out of Healers view range of 6 tiles, in other words Healers can't see the AQ slowly dying at 7 tiles away.

    Should SC increase the Healers view range so that they could see AQ at 7 tiles? I don't think so, because it will negatively impact to Healers switching from healing AQ to heal other troops more, because now Healers will see nearby troops more often. The only way is to avoid having GW or other troops near that Healers 6 tiles view range. Is it always possible? Nope. But that's how it is.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; September 19th, 2020 at 02:19 AM.

  2. #12
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,126
    https://youtu.be/g66SBl8oKns
    I believe the healers weren't supposed to switch(correct me if im wrong) i wasnt the attacker anyways
    It reminds me of a meme from toofinedog from the meme contest
    Last edited by RH69; September 21st, 2020 at 01:59 AM.

  3. #13
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    When Healers switch from AQ to heal GW, Healers will be flying 5 tiles behind GW, and it means 7 tiles behind AQ. At this point, AQ is already out of Healers view range of 6 tiles, in other words Healers can't see the AQ slowly dying at 7 tiles away.
    Theoretically thats true but when healers decide to switch from aq to something else(which they kinda love) they just dont care about their range they just switch even if its like 10 tiles

  4. #14
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,181
    Quote Originally Posted by RH69 View Post
    Theoretically thats true but when healers decide to switch from aq to something else(which they kinda love) they just dont care about their range they just switch even if its like 10 tiles
    Care to show a video of Healers switching from AQ to heal something else which were 10 tiles away?
    I have some issues as well with Healers switching to heal other troops, but it's always within that Healers 6 tiles view range.

  5. #15
    Super Member ichu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Got lost in the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    809
    Seems like this is an issue lately I have had few similar experiences - healers switching from queen to miners when she was already taking fire from xbow and I'm not sure I feel like this has been happening after the recent update and not to mention I have seen a bunch of other threads regarding this lately


    I like to believe in this, Efficiency or AI something seems tweaked
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    I'm not too sure about healers switching targets, but I do experience a much tougher time in keeping up with the healing on the queen. Did SC perform a silent nerf to the healing efficiency on heroes?

    Amazing Sig Courtesy to Reaper!
    LUDUS | GLADIUS | MARS | CERBERUS | ARENA | HADES | TESTUDO | NEXUS | CENTURIA | CENTURAE | AQUILA

  6. #16
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    Care to show a video of Healers switching from AQ to heal something else which were 10 tiles away?
    I have some issues as well with Healers switching to heal other troops, but it's always within that Healers 6 tiles view range.
    I said like 10 tiles not exact 10 tiles anyways the link i posted above shows healers switch and i believe thats more than 6 tiles for sure
    I even posted for healers switching for like 10 tiles in the past idk if i posted a video back then im too lazy to search for it now
    Anyways here it is
    https://youtu.be/g66SBl8oKns
    https://youtu.be/2yvB_0QQteI idk what conclusion the thread reached on may be i was satisfied with it so i dont remember the conclusion some said i dropped healers before aq some said otherwise thats what i remember
    Last edited by RH69; September 21st, 2020 at 09:00 AM.

  7. #17
    Forum Veteran Yachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,801
    Quote Originally Posted by ichu View Post
    Seems like this is an issue lately I have had few similar experiences - healers switching from queen to miners when she was already taking fire from xbow and I'm not sure I feel like this has been happening after the recent update and not to mention I have seen a bunch of other threads regarding this lately
    This is different. If I can recall, healers will switch to a higher troop space cluster that is taking damage if it is within range. If there were 5 or more miners in your cluster (30 troop space, heroes have a 25 troop space capacity), healers will switch to the miners.


  8. #18
    Forum Veteran Yachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I think it is just the effects of buffs to things like xbows, together with the fact it is hard to keep her out of the effects of all "big" defences now, with three infernos and two scattershots that deal huge damage. And the defensive RC if she gets in range of it, does more damage per shot than her ability can heal, so you really have to keep on top of her and make sure you use the ability in time.
    Yea, xbows really hurt QWs now. Barely keeping her alive even with a rage.


  9. #19
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,181
    Quote Originally Posted by RH69 View Post
    I said like 10 tiles not exact 10 tiles anyways the link i posted above shows healers switch and i believe thats more than 6 tiles for sure
    I even posted for healers switching for like 10 tiles in the past idk if i posted a video back then im too lazy to search for it now
    Anyways here it is
    https://youtu.be/g66SBl8oKns
    https://youtu.be/2yvB_0QQteI idk what conclusion the thread reached on may be i was satisfied with it so i dont remember the conclusion some said i dropped healers before aq some said otherwise thats what i remember
    Theoretically shouldn't happen in both videos, especially the 2nd video which definitely was bad.
    For the first it's 50:50 even though it's more than 6 tiles, but it's the heat map that cause the Healers switch, wouldn't want to take such chance by dropping troops and AQ so closely.

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by KCWarHog View Post
    Can we at least get it to where healers will ignore skellies? Just had an attack where my healers were stuck on two skellies beating on a wall for the whole attack while the rest of my troops were getting roasted.
    Yeah, they also need to ignore golems. They are supposed to tank and be destroyed (especially the ice golem). In most lore undead are harmed by healing, and golems are constructs making restorative spells ineffective on them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •