Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Resource potion can do harm than any good

Resource potion can do harm than any good

Yesterday night I completed the event and used resource pots. The thing which worried me happened again as when I came to collect resources in morning, I found that I was attacked 20 min. ago. Attacker has taken all the loot of more than 1 million and 9k dark mostly from boosted collectors.
    So instead of collecting more resources, I got less resources as compared to other days.
    This potion always does harm for me than any good
    I think it happens with others also.
    Last edited by ExploringGalaxy; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:42 AM.

... don't use a resource potion when you can't log on regularly to collect ( i think? ) ...

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    ... don't use a resource potion when you can't log on regularly to collect ( i think? ) ...
    I can't login regularly while sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by ExploringGalaxy View Post
    I can't login regularly while sleeping
    lol, I should have read better ... hope you did have a good night's sleep at least!
    You could check how much shield you have before popping a potion (trying to think with you) ... or you can, of course, set a clash alert somewhere during the night

Anyway, during the day there also will be double the amount to collect and you won't get attacked since you have a shield, right?

In some Hadrons like Kaons, strange D mesons, and other such Strange Particles.
    Aye... what a coincidence!
    While I was reading this thread, I found a juicy loot 900k+ elixir and gold,and 10k+ dark, from a base.
    Resource collectors were not boosted but Gold and elixir collectors were more than half full. Dark drill mostly full I guess.
    May be the boost ended a while before I found his base.

Well. always check shield before you boost resources.

If I have resource potion to spend...I make sure that I get attacked before I go off to sleep.
    The shield covers the time while you are sleeping + double resources
    Its a nice passive way to get decent resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexcrush View Post
    Any information regarding today's maintenance break?
    Its the general server upkeep.
    Last edited by StrangeQuark; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:25 AM.
    Player Tag: #9YC8CL2C | Farm Tag: #92VP2V0Y
    Town Hall - 13 | My stats here || Farm Experience - 46
    Trying to keep up with all Supercell games - but time's always just not enough.
    YouTube Channel | Instagram Handle | Twitter Handle | Reddit Handle

This is why if your shield is going to run out before you wake up its better to just collect eveyrthing and then end the remaining shield you have to force an attack earlier while your collectors are empty...ideally you've also just started upgrades, etc.

Level 19
    - 516/23,500 | Champion II
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 220] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

You could gather some obstacles and use the gems to take a 24h shield.
    Tbh later on, those potions are nice to have, but when doing regular attacks, the loot you gain from collectors (minus lost looot from attacks) is not that important.

Always be aware: If you have relatively full collectors AND relatively full storages and perhaps relatively full Clan Castle (Always use it asap!), the over all loot will attract attacks.

So better clear your CC and hammer in some costly updates/walls before going offline for a longer time periode. So you are less attractive to enemy attackers

Edit: And use a farming base, to protect your loot better.
    Edit Edit: And use some good CC troops to make attacks even harder.
    Last edited by Iduyenn; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:34 AM.

For those saying about shields, let me clear that i rarely gets attacked so i never have a shield. I am th13 currently in master 3 for farming.
    Last edited by ExploringGalaxy; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:40 AM.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    For those saying about shields, let me clear that i rarely gets attacked so i never have a shield. I am th13 currently in master 3 for farming.
    You can get more reliable shields by sitting in more appropriate leagues.

If you sit in the low leagues where shields are hard to come by (like in this case) then resource potions arenít always a good thing during the night because you either get hit late when the collectors start to fill up or you get hit a couple of times by people using some batch or gobs milking some collectors.

There are leagues where you get shielded very quickly after logging off logging off and shields are very reliable.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Uh, oh, then we had the same problem. I needed 1,8 bilion loot for walls and dropped to do some goblin farming. (i did 800+ attacks in one month).
    But then came the time, when i couldn`t do more than 8 attacks a day. That is, when i went to LL and stayed there.
    My 2nd Account is a bit rushed and in low LL, but still. Noone gets my loot!
    That is also the perfect place to pop resource potions. So if you dont have to, wait with them, until you go to LL.

I calculated with the help of an external site, that if i get less than 30m gold and 30m Elexir +200k DE per Week farming in lower leagues. Its ok to be in LL and do farm attacks

Good luck!