Thread: Builder Base Clan Wars

Centennial Club

Builder Base Clan Wars

I guess COC team might have already gone through this idea but since this idea came to me I'm gonna suggest it right away.

Builder base is like clash royale in its playing style so why not bring the clan war 2 ecosystem in builder base. Though some tweaks can make it better like starting clan wars when you want to start.

Also since this will be transferred to builder base head in forums. I would really like an opinion from COC team in regards to this before being moved out of General.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...=Paluef+darian

Q: I don't really see the clan system being integrated into the builder base. What are your thoughts on a clan war system, but for the builder base instead of just the home village? Or both at the same time? Has a "clan castle" been proposed for the builder's base? Where do you personally stand on all of these ideas?
    A: Builder Base was always originally designed to be a more "solo" experience. It was something to do to kill time in between upgrades in the Home Village. So incorporating more Clan type things into it is very challenging since it wasn't designed with it in mind. The problem with a Clan War system for the Builder Base is that Builder Base requires your opponent to be online at the same time in order to preserve the head-to-head functionality, which is one of the main points of Builder Base. If we created an asymmetric battle system, it'd be no different than regular Clan Wars. So any kind of team competition would require a different approach. It's something one of our designers is quite interested in, so hopefully his ideas will eventually bear some fruit.
    Q: I don't really see the clan system being integrated into the builder base. What are your thoughts on a clan war system, but for the builder base instead of just the home village? Or both at the same time? Has a "clan castle" been proposed for the builder's base? Where do you personally stand on all of these ideas?
    A: Builder Base was always originally designed to be a more "solo" experience. It was something to do to kill time in between upgrades in the Home Village. So incorporating more Clan type things into it is very challenging since it wasn't designed with it in mind. The problem with a Clan War system for the Builder Base is that Builder Base requires your opponent to be online at the same time in order to preserve the head-to-head functionality, which is one of the main points of Builder Base. If we created an asymmetric battle system, it'd be no different than regular Clan Wars. So any kind of team competition would require a different approach. It's something one of our designers is quite interested in, so hopefully his ideas will eventually bear some fruit.

I already asked that question in AMA and the reply was highly unlikely

Centennial Club
    Did you mention a clash royale style wars?

That have been denied by Darian already stating that "that's not the path we want the builder base to move" as builder base is a thing of its own just like the home village and builder base should have things of its own