Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The monthly wall upgrade day

Quote Originally Posted by Smash9778 View Post
    Thats best idea if they add 1 day wall event for every month. That would be amazing and it will encourge players to play more.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodu View Post
    Strongly recommended the monthly wall upgrade day!the currently wall upgrade processing is joyless and hopeless.thats the main reason for losing players.
    To build a fixing wall upgrade festival and divided by every month to stop the players losing.Iím a leader of a clan,itís really upset to see the old fella leaving
    It could be first weekend of every month or every 18th day of the month. Plz save the game!
    If you would recall, there already events that did that. It was called Hammer Jam and Winter Jam. They discounted walls and various other things for a limited time. It was amazing, and also dreadful. Everyone dumped their loot and tried to raid for more, only to find more clouds, or real bad loot offers. That is why SC doesn't do these often, unless it is to prepare for a new TH. Any other reason will just destroy the loot economy. Sure it's a great idea when you get to enjoy dumping loot into discounted walls, but it won't be fun when you need more loot and can't find good loot offers cuz everyone did the same as you.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash9778 View Post
    Thats best idea if they add 1 day wall event for every month. That would be amazing and it will encourge players to play more.
    Encourage more than any events we currently get every month does?

Don't see how 1 day will encourage more activity than say clan games that potentially has runes, rings, resources.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; September 16th, 2020 at 08:21 PM.

In some Hadrons like Kaons, strange D mesons, and other such Strange Particles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    Sorry but I don't see 10% or even 20% for 1-2days helping anyone that's behind on wall upgrades.

Level 12 walls cost 2.4 million with 20% discount, how many walls do you really think the casual or as someone else put it the less active can or will do during that time? Even if your walls cost 1 million that's still a lot of farming. I don't see someone saying "this 10% discount made wall upgrades fly".
    The goal is not to make players go fly past upgrades. If SC really wanted players to fly past upgrades, they would not keep upgrade costs such high at the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    If there is 1 day per month where walls are cheap, then on that 1 day per month everyone will dump all of their loot into walls, and there will be literally no loot available to raid for more walls. It's like a self defeating prophecy.

On the flip side, the days leading up to wall day might reveal a lot of rich bases who are hoarding loot for cheap walls.

Overall, not a good idea.
    10% discount only on walls is not huge to be honest. Gold pass players get 20% discount on all upgrades. I understand, the people who get gold pass are less compared to f2p.. but for them too 20% discount is also not that huge that they would never have to hoard resources.
    The upgrade costs are already high at TH 11 and above. If gold pass players cannot fly by upgrades with 20% discount on everything. I don't think 10% on walls would make players go crazy fast on walls.

The idea is just a suggestion. We get many troops and destruction related events... so why not a variety on events -- something other than troops, destruction etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BacalaoistPlays View Post
    If you would recall, there already events that did that. It was called Hammer Jam and Winter Jam. They discounted walls and various other things for a limited time. It was amazing, and also dreadful. Everyone dumped their loot and tried to raid for more, only to find more clouds, or real bad loot offers. That is why SC doesn't do these often, unless it is to prepare for a new TH. Any other reason will just destroy the loot economy. Sure it's a great idea when you get to enjoy dumping loot into discounted walls, but it won't be fun when you need more loot and can't find good loot offers cuz everyone did the same as you.
    During Hammer Jam and winter jam event the costs were reduced by quite a high %.
    Think in this way:
    A 10% discount means still player needs to farm 90% for upgrade.

If still you feel players would still hoard and dump resources
    I have a solution for that too.

The event will not be scheduled like how we have other events scheduled say before 4d, or something like that.

Let's say this is scheduled just 1 day before. And the day and date could be random.
    So you never know when its coming...
    And I also suggested event to last for 2 or 3 days coz 1 day would be too low.
    Last edited by StrangeQuark; September 17th, 2020 at 05:21 AM.
    Player Tag: #9YC8CL2C | Farm Tag: #92VP2V0Y
    Town Hall - 13 | My stats here || Farm Experience - 46
    Trying to keep up with all Supercell games - but time's always just not enough.
    YouTube Channel | Instagram Handle | Twitter Handle | Reddit Handle

Banned
    How's 30% discount
    Any auction on this?

The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
    A.10% off on walls for 1 day isn't a lot.(my level)TH 11:-wall cost is 3 million gold/elixir.10% off = 2.7 mil.30% off = 2.1 million gold/elixir. (seems a bit better with the gold pass)
    B.Also,as many others pointed out,the loot available on that day will take a dip.
    C.This will be the day I won't log in and raid.
    D.For a wall event,this is too short,even once a month.A good 10 day one will provide more benefit.
    "VICTORY GOES TO THE BRAVE OF HEART.AND TO JACKO.WAIT,THAT'S ME!!!"

Not actually me,though.That would be so cool....so cool.
    Check the out wiki for clearing some common doubts,trust me it'll help.

In some Hadrons like Kaons, strange D mesons, and other such Strange Particles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironmanficient View Post
    How's 30% discount
    Any auction on this?
    Gold pass players are paying money to get benefit.
    They enjoy 20% discount on everything for like over 2 weeks.

Let them enjoy 10% more for 2 or 3 days on walls (as I said in my post)
    Last edited by StrangeQuark; September 17th, 2020 at 05:21 AM.
    Player Tag: #9YC8CL2C | Farm Tag: #92VP2V0Y
    Town Hall - 13 | My stats here || Farm Experience - 46
    Trying to keep up with all Supercell games - but time's always just not enough.
    YouTube Channel | Instagram Handle | Twitter Handle | Reddit Handle